• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Famous ISTP or Celebrities

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Non fictionals
Clint Eastwood
Alan Turing
David Bowie
Joe Strummer
Mel Gibson
John Carpenter
Woody Allen
Michael Jordan
Michael Johnson
Tito
Rommel
Bruce Willis
Antonio Banderas
Keith Richards
Serge Gainsbourg
Matt Damon
Paul Walker
Bruce Lee
Alan Sheperd
Chuck Yeager
Michael Douglas
Lance Armstrong
Kathrine Hephburn
Snoop Dogg
Ghostface Killah
Megan Fox
Scarlett Johansson
Paris Hilton
FranK Zappa
James Dean
James Marsters
John Malkovich
Robin Cook
Neil Armstrong
Burt Reynolds
Charles Bronson
Jodie Foster
Eminem
Sophie Marceau
Jean Gabin
Joseph Shumpeter
Jean-Baptiste Say
Amy Winehouse
Iggy Pop
Malcolm X
Trevor MacDonald
Frank Miller
Slash
Ringo Starr
Jacques Mesrine

Fictionals
Han Solo (Star Wars)
Jango Fett (Star Wars)
Boba Fett (Star Wars)
Darth Maul (Star Wars)
Darth Bane (Star Wars Expanded Universe)
Spike (BTVS/ATS)
Jenny Calendar (BTVS)
The First Slayer (BTVS)
Charles Gunn (ATS)
Aragorn (LOTR)
Legolas (LOTR)
Lancelot (Knights Of The Round Table Arturian Legend)
Jack O’Neill (Stargate)
Angus MacGyver (MacGyver)
James Bond (Played By Daniel Craig)
Jack Bauer (24)
Robert Chase (House M.D)
Sawyer (Lost)
Butch Coolidge (Pulp Fiction)
Korben Dallas (The Fifth Element)
Harry Stamper (Armageddon)
James Cole (12 Monkeys)
Steven Hiller (Independence Day)
Blondie/The Man With No Name (The Dollars Trilogy)
Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry Saga)
Maggie Fitzgerald (Million Dollar Baby)
Rocky Balboa (Rocky Saga)
John Rambo (Rambo Saga)
Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones Saga)
Dominic Toretto (Fast & Furious Saga)
Rannulph Junuh (The Legend of Bagger Vance)
Jazz (The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air)
Angel Face (Fight Club)
Elvira Hancock (Scarface)
Marv (Sin City)
Miho (Sin City)
Léon (Léon)
Jean Valjean (Les Misérables)
Wolverine (Marvel Universe)
Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing (DC Universe)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Zorro (One Piece)
Huey, Dewey, And Louie (The Duck’s World)
Miss Tick (The Duck’s World)
Kenny (South Park)
Buttercup (The Powerpuff Girls)
Raphaël (TMNT)
Kevin (Home Alone)
Popeye (Popeye The Sailor)
The Beast (Beauty & The Beast)

Last edited:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Good list. Always thought Popeye was a bit more F dom also its a bit difficult to see Woody Allen as an ISTP because he seems more stuck in his head and less of a Sensor. Could you explain your thought process for those two characters.

Never thought of Snoop Dogg as an ISTP but you are prolly right.

I also think Charles Bronson was an ISTP

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
if you've read woody allen's short stories and essays you know he's an N

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good list. Always thought Popeye was a bit more F dom also its a bit difficult to see Woody Allen as an ISTP because he seems more stuck in his head and less of a Sensor. Could you explain your thought process for those two characters.

Never thought of Snoop Dogg as an ISTP but you are prolly right.

I also think Charles Bronson was an ISTP

Popeye is very concerned about peoples he likes, but he act more in his relationships by fighting rather than caring and loving. He's strong, not extremely expensive, practical and down-to-earth. For me he'a typical ISTP.

ISTP is a usual typing for Woody Allen, I've also seen him typed as INTP or INFJ. I feel more as a crafters he's more concerned by the life in the real world rather than fantasy or love of the concept for the sake of the concept. I feel him as a person who like impact and able to master any craft that interest him, he is very grounded and factual in my opinion, it's I think when I see thoses interview though:
[youtube=Yi_95tncBbo]Woody's dumb joke about the falling whale [/youtube]
[youtube=8dEjc5B4kOo]Woody Allen interview 1971 PART 1/4 [/youtube]
[youtube=sjnuDAWo19A]Woody Allen's view of life[/youtube]

He is really stuck in his head, but it's because he's a phobic enneagram 6, not because he is N or something.

For Snoop Dogg, I thinf the most archetypal type among gangsta rappers is ESTP. Snoop Dogg take for him every gangsta rap stereotype, but he's more subtile and less loudmouth. He's style is phlegmatic and sensual, he loves hardcore practicals jokes and always seems to be disengaged at the same time. I've also thought he could be ENTP, but he's not an NT and not an extrovert: he's more creator and practical than theorist, more factual than nebulous, more intimist than gregarious, more visual than auditive. He can appears cocky, but is above all a man who like the playfull side of cockiness rather than a true cocky man. I've also seen him typed as ISFP or INTJ, but ISTP sounds better. On that interview, he looks really ISTP, I think.
[youtube=7xbPVbsLG4o]LETTERMAN 3/11/08 - Snoop Dogg Interview & Performance [/youtube]

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
Popeye is very concerned about peoples he likes, but he act more in his relationships by fighting rather than caring and loving. He's strong, not extremely expensive, practical and down-to-earth. For me he'a typical ISTP.

ISTP is a usual typing for Woody Allen, I've also seen him typed as INTP or INFJ. I feel more as a crafters he's more concerned by the life in the real world rather than fantasy or love of the concept for the sake of the concept. I feel him as a person who like impact and able to master any craft that interest him, he is very grounded and factual in my opinion, it's I think when I see thoses interview though:
[youtube=Yi_95tncBbo]Woody's dumb joke about the falling whale [/youtube]
[youtube=8dEjc5B4kOo]Woody Allen interview 1971 PART 1/4 [/youtube]
[youtube=sjnuDAWo19A]Woody Allen's view of life[/youtube]

He is really stuck in his head, but it's because he's a phobic enneagram 6, not because he is N or something.

For Snoop Dogg, I thinf the most archetypal type among gangsta rappers is ESTP. Snoop Dogg take for him every gangsta rap stereotype, but he's more subtile and less loudmouth. He's style is phlegmatic and sensual, he loves hardcore practicals jokes and always seems to be disengaged at the same time. I've also thought he could be ENTP, but he's not an NT and not an extrovert: he's more creator and practical than theorist, more factual than nebulous, more intimist than gregarious, more visual than auditive. He can appears cocky, but is above all a man who like the playfull side of cockiness rather than a true cocky man. I've also seen him typed as ISFP or INTJ, but ISTP sounds better. On that interview, he looks really ISTP, I think.
[youtube=7xbPVbsLG4o]LETTERMAN 3/11/08 - Snoop Dogg Interview & Performance [/youtube]

I agree with what you said about woody i thought he was ISTP too but then i read his short stories which are very N to me but i think he's quite balanced overall

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's difficult because every people involved in a true creative process can looks N , because they probably just use it. Woody have obviously an high dose of N, but I just think that an ability is not a preference.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's quite a list, Speedy Gav. I'm impressed. You're the best typist on this forum, imo. From a quick view of that video, I'd agree that Snoop Dog is an ISTP. I think too many N's here think that S's are too stupid to be very creative but that's just silly. Especially considering that SFP's are some of the most creative and exciting types in the arts.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah my comment is that this list is completely fucked. I know at least ten of these are inncorect.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah my comment is that this list is completely fucked. I know at least ten of these are inncorect.

Which ones do you think are incorrect?

Roach

MBTI Type
ISTp

Incorrect or debatable?
From what I have seen Speedy is always pretty accurate when typing people.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I have seen Speedy is always pretty accurate when typing people
That's quite a list, Speedy Gav. I'm impressed. You're the best typist on this forum, imo.

Oh, thanks.:blushing:
Though I've removed Joe Cocker. I've actually add him because I was searching in my mind true examples of ISTP and felt the need to fill in, but he's actually ISFP. I've switched him with Vincent Cassel.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
More fictionals:
Jake from Avatar
Alex Karev (Grey's Anatomy)
Draco Malfoy

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hav'nt seen Avatar an never any episode of Grey's Anatomy, but I can say that Draco Malfoy is certainly an extrovert. ESTP, probably. Or maybe ESTJ or even ENTJ.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I hav'nt seen Avatar an never any episode of Grey's Anatomy, but I can say that Draco Malfoy is certainly an extrovert. ESTP, probably. Or maybe ESTJ or even ENTJ.

I think he was an extrovert in the earlier movies, but later on he's portrayed as more of a loner. I definitely think he's an Se-er and Ti-er though...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes I agree, by the way, I've switched Vincent Cassel with Ringo Starr, and the two Tintin characters by Sawyer from Lost and Raphaël from TMNT, because I prefer them.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Legolas ISTP? Im not so sure. I think he would be more of a J.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I may know what make you think he is a J. It may be because he is worried about doing the right thing, but he's too impulsive and going-with-the flow to be an ISTJ. I've also seen him typed as an ISFP, but he's just a gay ISTP, not necessarly an F.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I may know what make you think he is a J. It may be because he is worried about doing the right thing, but he's too impulsive and going-with-the flow to be an ISTJ. I've also seen him typed as an ISFP, but he's just a gay ISTP, not necessarly an F.
When was legolas gay? Just asking. He's too conserved and elite-like to be a P though. It's not uncommon as well for a J to follow a P with his ideas.