• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Famous ISTP or Celebrities

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe-dom naturally will reach out and try to connect with you which is different than just talking.

Yeah, and my impression is that whaen Tom C is talking, he try to use the right word to explain someting precise, more than try to reach out or cennect, it's not his priority. At least not in his cognitive style.

KDude

It must be that.

How do you explain that every sources agree with me and not with you?

Why should I care about sources? Use your own head. I may be wrong, but that's all I want to do. The first thing you see from the guy is emotiveness. I should have posted that one Oprah episode instead. He feeds off of group "vibes" or whatever you want to call it. In addition to that, he brings a lot of attention to his ethics. He externalizes it - as extroverted Feeling would do - and he admits he's not afraid of "putting it" in others as well. Someone that confident with it would have to be extroverted judging.

It's like you're typing him from his character in Top Gun or something. Tom Cruise himself reminds me more of an ESFJ evangelical preacher. If there's any character closer to him, it's probably Lestat. Another EFJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't read Cruise as any kind of Fe primary whatsoever -- he doesn't seem to approach relations in the same way as an Fe primary, Fe comes across as a tool he is using for some other purpose, not the "Main" that is directing things -- and I'm honestly confused as to how you can even see it as such. Fe primaries (like Nancy Grace) have a totally different feel to them. The way they interact is actually their main focus, not a tool for some other purpose.

On the other hand, I'm not much for Speed's lack of engagement of other views + the blatant appeal to authority as some sort of proof.

KDude

I don't read Cruise as any kind of Fe primary whatsoever -- he doesn't seem to approach relations in the same way as an Fe primary, Fe comes across as a tool he is using for some other purpose, not the "Main" that is directing things -- and I'm honestly confused as to how you can even see it as such. Fe primaries (like Nancy Grace) have a totally different feel to them. The way they interact is actually their main focus, not a tool for some other purpose.

On the other hand, I'm not much for Speed's lack of engagement of other views + the blatant appeal to authority as some sort of proof.

I don't know much about Grace. I thought she was a logical type at first glance though.

Lets just say I'm literally disturbed by people like Cruise though.

Whatever it is, it's something I'm not. Other people who are receptive to that emotionality are another type too. If I find myself around it, it's duck and run for the nearest exit. It's funny because I'm not really afraid of worse threats, but I don't know how to handle that.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hear a lot of iSTPs saying they hate Fe. They react quite hostilely (is that a word?) towards it. It's pretty scary.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hear a lot of iSTPs saying they hate Fe. They react quite hostilely (is that a word?) towards it. It's pretty scary.

I've seen this some of the less healthy INTPs. Fe is the inferior function of ISTP and INTP and in less healthy IXTPs, it's not likely to be well developed or valued. When I was younger, I had my own Fe issues. I wouldn't say I hated it but it confused me a great deal.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Like I said, I'm not going to bother with this. He's obviously heavy in Fe. It's up to you to look for more than one quote. He talks plenty. He even stays outside every "celebrity appearance" and shakes hands with everyone for 2 hours, and uses their cell phones to chat with their friends. "Hi, this is Tom Cruise!" You couldn't pay me to do that.

And you'll never find an ISTP act like this.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0].[/youtube]

Oh wait, I said I wasn't going to say anything.

He could be ISFP. HE sounds very Fi'ish. Ruthlessly instilling his ethics in others.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He could be ISFP. HE sounds very Fi'ish. Ruthlessly instilling his ethics in others.

That's extreme Fe. Fi is more about the self than others, I believe. From the short amount clip that I could tolerate, I was thinking horrible ENFJ. Perhaps the way he acts kind of unhealthy could make him look shadowy/ ISTP to others, but I don't see ISTP at all. Again, not working off much here, I don't follow him. I don't know, don't see a Ti dom that's for sure!! Except for the hardass voice and the music.

Oops, I'm still listening, he says random things like "now I'm not one to instill my ethics in others. I ruthlessly instill them in myself". In the midst of a whole thing about "helping" others.... ..... and "you're in or you're not." No, even my crappy Ti can notice that kind of an inconsistency.

He's extremely manic. He needs some lamictal or something.

KDude

Yeah, introverted feeling is exactly that. Introverted. It doesn't appear pronounced, unless the most important values are violated. Jung described Fi as something that he himself could barely explain and doesn't appear on the surface. It's more about their inner life. The depths of this feeling can only be divined -- they can never be clearly comprehended. It makes men silent and difficult of access; with the sensitiveness of the mimosa, it shrinks from the brutality of the object, in order to expand into the depths of the subject. At best, you could see it in how it repels, trying to free itself. It doesn't move the opposite direction, grab by the world by the balls, and try to affect, like Tom Cruise apparently wishes to.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[youtube=UFBZ_uAbxS0]ISTP[/youtube]
[YOUTUBE=H3WIBDPQZkM]ESFJ[/youtube]

If you can't see the difference, I can't do anything for you.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
That's extreme Fe. Fi is more about the self than others, I believe. From the short amount clip that I could tolerate, I was thinking horrible ENFJ. Perhaps the way he acts kind of unhealthy could make him look shadowy/ ISTP to others, but I don't see ISTP at all. Again, not working off much here, I don't follow him. I don't know, don't see a Ti dom that's for sure!! Except for the hardass voice and the music.

Oops, I'm still listening, he says random things like "now I'm not one to instill my ethics in others. I ruthlessly instill them in myself". In the midst of a whole thing about "helping" others.... ..... and "you're in or you're not." No, even my crappy Ti can notice that kind of an inconsistency.

He's extremely manic. He needs some lamictal or something.

Couldn't that be just unhealthy Fi instead of Fe? I'm not sure how deeply concerned with ethics Fe is. Fe mainly wants social harmony.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

I don't use Fe for purpose of creating emotions or getting an emotional reaction from others. I don't like Fe in others who try to create and generate emotional reactions from me either

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He may be fictional, but he's still my idol. Ron Swanson.

R

Riva

Mystique from the x-men movies (except first class) i'm now certain is an istp. Am I correct to assume her etype is 7w8 sp/sx? Sp/sx makes a lot of sense to me for her. Also are the etypes and instinctual variants of wolverine (movies) and robert chase 7w8 so/sx?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just got a new avatar and an epic signature on top of that - that will put me up there with all of the greatest ISTPs in glory and fame!