• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Famous ISTP or Celebrities

KDude

Some people use the tertiary, I think, and some don't. Probably takes time or certain circumstances for some to start recognizing the need for it.

The only thing I'd say is it'd be pushing it to say the inferior can be used in any kind of productive light (not without maturity). Every thing written about MBTI would say as much. In my own experience, I don't think I've made a lot of progress. Te is truly the shadow side, and it's expressed with intimidation or straight up beating ass (most of the time undeserved).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some people use the tertiary, I think, and some don't. Probably takes time or certain circumstances for some to start recognizing the need for it.

Agree.

The only thing I'd say is it'd be pushing it to say the inferior can be used in any kind of productive light (not without maturity). Every thing written about MBTI would say as much. In my own experience, I don't think I've made a lot of progress. Te is truly the shadow side, and it's expressed with Se intimidation or just straight up beating ass (most of the time undeserved).

I think Fi can be balanced by Te in the sense that the Fi user can have strong control issues, and an IxFP can be pushed up unbder stress to stand up for his values and to take charge assertively to defend them, sometimes in an immature way.

KDude

I think Fi can be balanced by Te in the sense that the Fi user can have strong control issues, and an IxFP can be pushed up unbder stress to stand up for his values and to take charge assertively to defend them, sometimes in an immature way.

There's some truth to that. I feel better though if I appeal to a situation coming purely from a kind of Fi standpoint.. I might just get away..maybe talk later when things cool down. I try to avoid thoughts of control as much as possible.. Let it linger, and I just channel it badly. Maybe an INFP would use their Ne and tear someone apart psychologically.. lol.. But I kind of go for the obvious Se approaches. :blush:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Errors I missed the first time:

David Bowie- ENTP
Mel Gibson- ISFP
Woody Allen- ESFP
Erwin Rommel- ESTJ
Matt Damon- ESTP
Bruce Lee- INTP (Jeet Kune Do is a very good example of Ne synthesis)
Frank Zappa- ENTP
Jean-Baptiste Say- INTP
Malcolm X- ENFJ
Ringo Starr- ISFP

jixmixfix

Permabanned
LOL. yawn....really. Listen buddy if you have an actual argument, your response implies you don't, then make it. Don't just give some bullshit response like a little bitch. :devil: Here's the deal, S types (which you claim to be) are not very good with Myer Briggs typing. Typing requires looking at the BIG PICTURE. Eminem is SHY. I can read that in his mannerism, eye contact, etc. But if you can't then read the stories about his shyness on the internet. So for sure he is I. The rest is real easy: super creative = N. Logical (about 70% of men are T) = T. Rebel and rule breaker = P. I look forward to an actual rebuttal but I doubt I will get one.

lol look at this loser, stereotyping my intelligence by my type, get off your internet chair once in your life fatass.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
lol look at this loser, stereotyping my intelligence by my type, get off your internet chair once in your life fatass.

-1 for assuming eminem is an N because he is super creative that's complete bullshit. Creativity does not spawn from being intuitive in any way, there are different types and levels of creativity. ALso music requires someone to be coordinated with the sensing world, such as playing an instrument, singing in key and being in correct timing, something "N" types can struggle with.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eminem is an N. Specifically, he's ENTJ.

A

A window to the soul

-1 for assuming eminem is an N because he is super creative that's complete bullshit. Creativity does not spawn from being intuitive in any way, there are different types and levels of creativity. ALso music requires someone to be coordinated with the sensing world, such as playing an instrument, singing in key and being in correct timing, something "N" types can struggle with.

Eminem is an N. Specifically, he's ENTJ.

-gulp- :shock:

wha?? oh hell no! ... Eminem is all yours, we 'Ns' don't want him. There are exceptions to every rule; especially this one! You are right about the BS part, I'll give ya that. Please, let's stop there, trust me with this one... :tongue:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: no, Eminem is a definite ENTJ. :tongue: The way he handles his career and himself is very Te Ni, and his lyrics seem to display Se and Fi -- Fi in particular showing all signs of an inferior function, as all of his more emotional lyrics denote deep distress.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
:laugh: no, Eminem is a definite ENTJ. :tongue: The way he handles his career and himself is very Te Ni, and his lyrics seem to display Se and Fi -- Fi in particular showing all signs of an inferior function, as all of his more emotional lyrics denote deep distress.

I'd take the ENTJ argument over the INTP argument any day, especially for that Bozo in assuming that all introverts are shy, and all "N's" are super creative.

A

A window to the soul

Well then!! -sniffles, choke, cough, laughs- LOL :D nnnkay... :D

I'd take the ENTJ argument over the INTP argument any day, especially for that Bozo in assuming that all introverts are shy, and all "N's" are super creative.

hmmm....

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Errors I missed the first time:

David Bowie- ENTP
Mel Gibson- ISFP
Woody Allen- ESFP
Erwin Rommel- ESTJ
Matt Damon- ESTP
Bruce Lee- INTP (Jeet Kune Do is a very good example of Ne synthesis)
Frank Zappa- ENTP
Jean-Baptiste Say- INTP
Malcolm X- ENFJ
Ringo Starr- ISFP

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

He's above all a Fe-inferior: insults his wife, insults his daughter, insults his mother, insults everybody in the show-buisness, handycapped with diplomacy, and become a superstar because of this. And he's not an INTP, his humor is clearly more Seish than Neish.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I guess I deserve that for missing so many glaring fucking mistakes the first time around...

He's above all a Fe-inferior: insults his wife, insults his daughter, insults his mother, insults everybody in the show-buisness, handycapped with diplomacy, and become a superstar because of this.
And all that is very, very not Fe. You're mistaking Fe with Fi. I do agree his humor is Se though (except in The Real Slim Shady; that song featured interconnections galore).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And all that is very, very not Fe. You're mistaking Fe with Fi. I do agree his humor is Se though.

He externalize nagative feelings and you tell me it's Fi. Interesting. By the way, Eminem is not comfortable with his feeling, but when it's time to feel, it's about his wife, his daughter, his crew, his ennemies, etc, for love them or hate them, whatever (Fe). But Eminem is not concerned with ethics and deep internal values (Fi).

KDude

Whatever type Bruce Lee was, JKD isn't "synthesis", it's pragmatism. He taught people different things at different paces, and encouraged them not to even copy him. He didn't want to build anything. What he encouraged was formlessness, taking what you need from here or there, not getting dogmatic about any one approach, improvising. And not the kind of thing he thought one could learn by threshing about on their own, but a mutable approach that changed with every opponent.

The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement.

Jeet Kune Do uses no way as way. The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

I have not invented a "new style," composite, modified or otherwise that is set within distinct form as apart from "this" method or "that" method. On the contrary, I hope to free my followers from clinging to styles, patterns, or molds. Remember that Jeet Kune Do is merely a name used, a mirror in which to see "ourselves". . . Jeet Kune Do is not an organized institution that one can be a member of. Either you understand or you don't, and that is that.

Knowledge in martial arts actually means self-knowledge. A martial artist has to take responsibility for himself and accept the consequences of his own doing. The understanding of JKD is through personal feeling from movement to movement in the mirror of the relationship and not through a process of isolation. To be is to be related. To isolate is death. To me, ultimately, martial arts means honestly expressing yourself. Now, it is very difficult to do. It has always been very easy for me to put on a show and be cocky, and be flooded with a cocky feeling and feel pretty cool and all that. I can make all kinds of phoney things. Blinded by it. Or I can show some really fancy movement. But to experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that, my friend, is very hard to do.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If Bruce Lee is not an ISTP, nobody is ISTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He externalize nagative feelings and you tell me it's Fi. Interesting.
It is Fi. Fe isn't feelings expressed externally, it's actually an entirely different subset of emotion and values from Fi -- concretely those channeled away from the self. Fe pays attention to, and harmonizes with, shared values. It is empathy, politeness, and the impulse to care for others even at the expense of oneself. Fi by comparison, is values, which doesn't only mean ethics or morality, but the entire range of what emotionally motivates a person. Eminem's feelings are those of concern for his own well-being, and quite evidently not for the well-being of others, nor social harmony of any kind. His emotional lyrics are almost always angry spats at people he feels have wronged him.

Extraverted Feeling

The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever type Bruce Lee was, JKD isn't "synthesis", it's pragmatism. He taught people different things at different paces, and encouraged them not to even copy him. Bruce Lee didn't want to build anything. What he encouraged was formlessness, taking what you need from here or there, not getting dogmatic about any one approach, improvising. And not the kind of thing he thought one could learn by threshing about in their mind, but in doing, in sparring, in practice, in expression.

The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement.

Jeet Kune Do uses no way as way. The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

I have not invented a "new style," composite, modified or otherwise that is set within distinct form as apart from "this" method or "that" method. On the contrary, I hope to free my followers from clinging to styles, patterns, or molds. Remember that Jeet Kune Do is merely a name used, a mirror in which to see "ourselves". . . Jeet Kune Do is not an organized institution that one can be a member of. Either you understand or you don't, and that is that.

Knowledge in martial arts actually means self-knowledge. A martial artist has to take responsibility for himself and accept the consequences of his own doing. The understanding of JKD is through personal feeling from movement to movement in the mirror of the relationship and not through a process of isolation. To be is to be related. To isolate is death. To me, ultimately, martial arts means honestly expressing yourself. Now, it is very difficult to do. It has always been very easy for me to put on a show and be cocky, and be flooded with a cocky feeling and feel pretty cool and all that. I can make all kinds of phoney things. Blinded by it. Or I can show some really fancy movement. But to experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that, my friend, is very hard to do.
Yes that does sound quite Se, but the actual techniques his system employs don't. They're a composite of many other martial arts systems. I was working off of that.