First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by tmon912 View Post
    S types (which you claim to be) are not very good with Myer Briggs typing.
    That's silly. And quite the sweeping statement. Both my ENFP sister and INTJ brother think I'm a better typer than they are. Not that I care or anything. Also, creativity is not--as some Ns such as yourself would like to believe--limited to Ns. You're mistaking the English definition for "intuitive" as the Jungian definition of "intuitive."
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

I was actually thinking Em could INFP..but maybe T fits.

As for S not being good at the big picture, the difference is more between bottom up vs top down approaches, i think? S's can come to a good conclusion, build some concept working from details (and assuming they don't get too bored and follow through).

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqwCyuIeAnI"]Pat Benatar and Chrissie Hynde Interviews[/YOUTUBE]

Pat Benatar ISTP? I'm not buying it.

Chrissie Hynde, likely.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wmdD0ghNF4&feature=related"]Pat Benatar[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

hmm...Benatar's most certainly a T and an SP.

At least in my own perception, notice how she's more so "thinking" vs. "feeling" about how to handle things in her interviews. Chrissie Hynde, I suspect is a "J".

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Chrissie Hynde seems very ISTP to me, and Pat Benatar almost seems like an F...especially in the interview where she's talking about her child. The STP you see in Pat Benetar may just be the on-stage character she talks about creating in that second interview. I don't think they're the same type.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Chrissie Hynde seems very ISTP to me, and Pat Benatar almost seems like an F...especially in the interview where she's talking about her child. The STP you see in Pat Benetar may just be the on-stage character she talks about creating in that second interview. I don't think they're the same type.
    Good point Marm. Yeah, I see her talking about it as an STP strategy.

Not sure how old she is in those interviews but our Fe evolves as we age.

i.e. Ten years ago I couldn't imagine saying to you, how much I love that you just put whatever you're thinking right out there.

I'd probably more so chosen to attempt and argue a point I'm not sure of to gain new information.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Good point Marm. Yeah, I see her talking about it as an STP strategy.

Not sure how old she is in those interviews but our Fe evolves as we age.

i.e. Ten years ago I couldn't imagine saying to you, how much I love that you just put whatever you're thinking right out there.

I'd probably more so chosen to attempt and argue a point I'm not sure of to gain new information.
    I do see a lot of Fe in Pat Benetar I think...could she be an FJ? I don't know. I don't want to insist, because I'm not sure, but I don't think she's ISTP.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

A lot of Fe could easily be tertiary, mind you -- it'd fit if she was ESTP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

yeah, I'm not sure on her either.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sometimes I think that I should create a thread about that mistake, but you don't "have more" your tertiary function than you inferior. There's a sort of truism to the effect that an NTP who diplays a lot of Si is INTP, that an NFJ who displays a lot of Ti is INFJ, that an STP who displays a lot of Fe is an ESTP etc. It's wrong. There's also an idea to the effect that ISTJs are more F than ESTJ, that ISTPs are more N than ESTPs, that ESTPs are more F than ISTPs, that INFPs are more S than ENFPs, that ENFPs are more T than INFPs, wrong also. Tertiary function and inferior function are submit to the dominant and auxillary, so, an ISTP can use as much Ni as he want, but he's not less S, an ENFP can use as much Si as he want, he's not les N. Introverts use more introvert function and have them as dominant and tertiary and the extrovert functions as auxillary and inferior just because...thay are introvert. And for extrovert it's the contrary, just because they are extrovert. So, we say, for example, that an ESTP use Te and Fe in extrovert behavior and Ti and Ni in introvert behavior, but, of course, they are extrovert and tend to use it less. An ISTP is an introvert and so use Se and Fe less, but use it in extrovert behavior, and so can totally display it in an interview for example.

MBTI is above all about dichotomy, by seeing global behaviors of peoples. And I think we can say that globally Pat Benatar is not a social butterfly but rather quiet and reserved.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan