User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    no, Eminem is a definite ENTJ. The way he handles his career and himself is very Te Ni, and his lyrics seem to display Se and Fi -- Fi in particular showing all signs of an inferior function, as all of his more emotional lyrics denote deep distress.
    Well then!! -sniffles, choke, cough, laughs- LOL nnnkay...

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'd take the ENTJ argument over the INTP argument any day, especially for that Bozo in assuming that all introverts are shy, and all "N's" are super creative.
    hmmm....

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Well then!! -sniffles, choke, cough, laughs- LOL nnnkay...
    teeeeheheheeeee

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    teeeeheheheeeee

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Errors I missed the first time:

David Bowie- ENTP
    Mel Gibson- ISFP
    Woody Allen- ESFP
    Erwin Rommel- ESTJ
    Matt Damon- ESTP
    Bruce Lee- INTP (Jeet Kune Do is a very good example of Ne synthesis)
    Frank Zappa- ENTP
    Jean-Baptiste Say- INTP
    Malcolm X- ENFJ
    Ringo Starr- ISFP

no, Eminem is a definite ENTJ. The way he handles his career and himself is very Te Ni, and his lyrics seem to display Se and Fi -- Fi in particular showing all signs of an inferior function, as all of his more emotional lyrics denote deep distress.
    He's above all a Fe-inferior: insults his wife, insults his daughter, insults his mother, insults everybody in the show-buisness, handycapped with diplomacy, and become a superstar because of this. And he's not an INTP, his humor is clearly more Seish than Neish.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yeah I guess I deserve that for missing so many glaring fucking mistakes the first time around...

He's above all a Fe-inferior: insults his wife, insults his daughter, insults his mother, insults everybody in the show-buisness, handycapped with diplomacy, and become a superstar because of this.
    And all that is very, very not Fe. You're mistaking Fe with Fi. I do agree his humor is Se though (except in The Real Slim Shady; that song featured interconnections galore).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

And all that is very, very not Fe. You're mistaking Fe with Fi. I do agree his humor is Se though.
    He externalize nagative feelings and you tell me it's Fi. Interesting. By the way, Eminem is not comfortable with his feeling, but when it's time to feel, it's about his wife, his daughter, his crew, his ennemies, etc, for love them or hate them, whatever (Fe). But Eminem is not concerned with ethics and deep internal values (Fi).
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whatever type Bruce Lee was, JKD isn't "synthesis", it's pragmatism. He taught people different things at different paces, and encouraged them not to even copy him. He didn't want to build anything. What he encouraged was formlessness, taking what you need from here or there, not getting dogmatic about any one approach, improvising. And not the kind of thing he thought one could learn by threshing about on their own, but a mutable approach that changed with every opponent.

The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement.

Jeet Kune Do uses no way as way. The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

I have not invented a "new style," composite, modified or otherwise that is set within distinct form as apart from "this" method or "that" method. On the contrary, I hope to free my followers from clinging to styles, patterns, or molds. Remember that Jeet Kune Do is merely a name used, a mirror in which to see "ourselves". . . Jeet Kune Do is not an organized institution that one can be a member of. Either you understand or you don't, and that is that.

Knowledge in martial arts actually means self-knowledge. A martial artist has to take responsibility for himself and accept the consequences of his own doing. The understanding of JKD is through personal feeling from movement to movement in the mirror of the relationship and not through a process of isolation. To be is to be related. To isolate is death. To me, ultimately, martial arts means honestly expressing yourself. Now, it is very difficult to do. It has always been very easy for me to put on a show and be cocky, and be flooded with a cocky feeling and feel pretty cool and all that. I can make all kinds of phoney things. Blinded by it. Or I can show some really fancy movement. But to experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that, my friend, is very hard to do.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

If Bruce Lee is not an ISTP, nobody is ISTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

He externalize nagative feelings and you tell me it's Fi. Interesting.
    It is Fi. Fe isn't feelings expressed externally, it's actually an entirely different subset of emotion and values from Fi -- concretely those channeled away from the self. Fe pays attention to, and harmonizes with, shared values. It is empathy, politeness, and the impulse to care for others even at the expense of oneself. Fi by comparison, is values, which doesn't only mean ethics or morality, but the entire range of what emotionally motivates a person. Eminem's feelings are those of concern for his own well-being, and quite evidently not for the well-being of others, nor social harmony of any kind. His emotional lyrics are almost always angry spats at people he feels have wronged him.

Extraverted Feeling

The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Whatever type Bruce Lee was, JKD isn't "synthesis", it's pragmatism. He taught people different things at different paces, and encouraged them not to even copy him. Bruce Lee didn't want to build anything. What he encouraged was formlessness, taking what you need from here or there, not getting dogmatic about any one approach, improvising. And not the kind of thing he thought one could learn by threshing about in their mind, but in doing, in sparring, in practice, in expression.

The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement.

Jeet Kune Do uses no way as way. The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

I have not invented a "new style," composite, modified or otherwise that is set within distinct form as apart from "this" method or "that" method. On the contrary, I hope to free my followers from clinging to styles, patterns, or molds. Remember that Jeet Kune Do is merely a name used, a mirror in which to see "ourselves". . . Jeet Kune Do is not an organized institution that one can be a member of. Either you understand or you don't, and that is that.

Knowledge in martial arts actually means self-knowledge. A martial artist has to take responsibility for himself and accept the consequences of his own doing. The understanding of JKD is through personal feeling from movement to movement in the mirror of the relationship and not through a process of isolation. To be is to be related. To isolate is death. To me, ultimately, martial arts means honestly expressing yourself. Now, it is very difficult to do. It has always been very easy for me to put on a show and be cocky, and be flooded with a cocky feeling and feel pretty cool and all that. I can make all kinds of phoney things. Blinded by it. Or I can show some really fancy movement. But to experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, now that, my friend, is very hard to do.
    Yes that does sound quite Se, but the actual techniques his system employs don't. They're a composite of many other martial arts systems. I was working off of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole