User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ISTPS and love

Default ISTPS and love

I am currently going out with, what I am pretty sure is an ISTP.
    He is very into me, and in some point I feel he is "focusing" in on me-which is cool, and kinda creepy.
    He also displays some traits which I am not so sure is characteristic of ISTPs or maybe they are. If they dont knock out him being an ISTP, Im kinda curious to know where they are coming from lol.

He isnt communicative about how he feels, but sometimes he will send sappy romantic texts, since he knows I like them. They come off as weird-not too genuine, coming from him.

He likes to help people, mostly with practical things and giving advice. Hes very vague in the relationship-I know hes crazy over me, but I have no clue as to why. However, he is always trying to help in some way-mostly in trying to explain why I should get engaged to him and how he can help relationship. On topic, he is always asking "what I can do to help" -not sure with what, but he is good at sensing what I need and buying me presents, and going along with what I want, and being very tolerant and uncritical of me, and even offering to go to the airport at 4am with me. Sorta like Mr. fix it guy

He likes to be better safe than sorry with safety and is concerned about my safety, but boy does he take risks as well.

When vulnerable-about 10% of the time, he will express compassion for someone, a slightly more feeling side or talk about his grandmas last days.

Hes not intropective so he thinks he more emotional and heart centered than he is and even almost tested as feeler.

He is skeptical, opinionated, defensive and likes to debate. Not that I think thats a bad thing.

Also-he NEVER really talks about himself, on a personal level.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Sound a lot like how I am and I see the way you get confused by someone like him. But know that if he sacrifices his time and give effort towards you and your happiness then he obviously cares for you. I really identified with not sharing personal details and being vulnerable. I don't like to share my thoughts and tribulations with other people, its just not something I enjoy.

Sounds like you've got yourself a good dude.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Is it spring or something?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't know but I'm getting rather burned out on all the ISTP obsessed threads. I mean, I know you guys are some sort of sparkly mysterious unicorn, but people could try reading the other billion ISTP threads from the past few months before adding their own relationship angst to the pile.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I don't know but I'm getting rather burned out on all the ISTP obsessed threads. I mean, I know you guys are some sort of sparkly mysterious unicorn, but people could try reading the other billion ISTP threads from the past few months before adding their own relationship angst to the pile.
    ESTPs talk more....there's less to puzzle out (in a good way).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ESTPs talk more....there's less to puzzle out (in a good way).
    Still, it'd be nice if people actually read the stack of ISTP threads on the first page before posting. It seems they're asking the same questions over and over.

I should make an ISTP FAQs and ask them to make it a sticky. :P
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

This will only stop if the ISTPs on here make an 'How to date/fall in love with an ISTP and what to expect?'-manual
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Still, it'd be nice if people actually read the stack of ISTP threads on the first page before posting. It seems they're asking the same questions over and over.

I should make an ISTP FAQs and ask them to make it a sticky. :P
    That's exactly what I was thinking about yesterday. Just give those who are looking for ISTP relationship help, a separate thread that explains everything. I'd even link them to past ISTP issue threads.

Some of us other SP's need some loving .
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISTP

We're so simple, yet no one understands us...
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

I just want someone to blow me every so often. Is that too much to ask?

And...

I'm a magical box that needs to be opened, will you help me? *mysteriousness*
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”