ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

^:yim_rolling_on_the_: ...werd.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

:rolli: That just wouldn't be any fun at all.

MBTI
    ISTp

Do we get to read it ?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Two
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    a metaphor for ISTP love, translated from T to F for your convenience.

still waters run deep, but people only see the debris that is floating at the top, whether it is a dirty attitude blown in from nearby people or trashy thoughts someone decided to drop in on their way by. from underneath the surface, i look up at what the water looks like at the top and I feel sad. nobody is going to want to swim in that.

occasionally, someone will notice life below the surface and take a plunge. once they're past the debris, they start to see how things really are and swim downwards. often times this is hard for them and I have to swim up instead and for a brief moment in time, we see each other eye to eye, and my love thrives in the only place it can, an underwater sanctuary. but without fail, they all eventually run out of breath or get tired of a relationship only halfway down... i dont have the heart or the words to explain that this is their own shortcoming. they won't stay long, so it's best for their peace of mind if they can blame something else for why it didnt work.

many times, I venture out of the water and run freely above the surface, but i dont understand why people are the way they are, and i cant help but remember all of the crap floating on top of the water and feel sad. as much as id like to stay, it's not for me. the depths from whence i came, i then return again. back to a kind of loneliness few would understand, intensely quiet and peaceful, but full of life, much like the ocean floor, to wait for the day the right one dives in, dirty scuba gear and all. until then, plenty of fish in the sea to keep me company.
    Wow....this just made my heart hurt a wee bit...
    "That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
    -Garden State

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Laura View Post
    Wow....this just made my heart hurt a wee bit...
    Don't let it get you down, just a story about a soul been there and back again. I've learned that there's lots of very valuable things in life besides finding love. Realizing that gives me a kind of freedom that I think few people get to experience, and that's definitely something positive (especially for an ISTP!)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Do we get to read it ?
    If anyone read it, we'd cease to exist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post

many times, I venture out of the water and run freely above the surface, but i dont understand why people are the way they are, and i cant help but remember all of the crap floating on top of the water and feel sad. as much as id like to stay, it's not for me. the depths from whence i came, i then return again. back to a kind of loneliness few would understand, intensely quiet and peaceful, but full of life, much like the ocean floor, to wait for the day the right one dives in, dirty scuba gear and all. until then, plenty of fish in the sea to keep me company.
    Even though your experience so far has been of "crap floating on top of the water", and ISTPs' experiences in life play a big part in determining how they view things, please don't rule out the possibility that you could have different outcomes with people in the future (particularly in relationships). Life may surprise you.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Do we get to read it ?
    Well if it was written for NFs, I doubt you'd be satisfied with it's complexity... example: luckynolimits metaphor, while insightful, would be way too simple for my understanding or satisfaction (had i no experience being with an ISTP). To me it seems like much more than 'debris' floating on the surface. Its all surface, unless the ISTP wants you to get through it. It's disarming to an NF, who usually feels able to inspire trust in anyone. It seems more like a dark shadowy depth that is both intriguing and threatening. And the ISTP doesn't necessarily move about below that depth, he controls it... and worse, he doesn't often realize he's doing it, so there's no clear NF way of convincing him to show you what's under it. There's color & light below but it's so far down that the only time you catch a glimpse of it is when the ISTP surfaces and things get shallower for a bit. For an NF, that dark, deep surface promises treasure & discovery, but its not something as available as an NF would like (or give). It can be seen, maybe even touched, but its never going to be 'your's' to take & use as you please. To me, it seems like the 'mystery' of ISTPs is that even they aren't aware of how complex they truly are, so they put off this 'its all so simple' attitude toward life, but NFs see more. And they aren't necessarily sure or correct about what they see, but they can't expect the ISTP to actively figure it out with them. Endless potential for frustration. Also I think NFs might over analyze, as much as an ISTP would under analyze, and see things that aren't there. So to make a guide, you'd need an NFs experiences; an ISTPs insights; and then an xNTP to clean it all up. :shudder:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I would like a tsunami once a week.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Well if it was written for NFs, I doubt you'd be satisfied with it's complexity... example: luckynolimits metaphor, while insightful, would be way too simple for my understanding or satisfaction (had i no experience being with an ISTP). To me it seems like much more than 'debris' floating on the surface. Its all surface, unless the ISTP wants you to get through it. It's disarming to an NF, who usually feels able to inspire trust in anyone. It seems more like a dark shadowy depth that is both intriguing and threatening. And the ISTP doesn't necessarily move about below that depth, he controls it... and worse, he doesn't often realize he's doing it, so there's no clear NF way of convincing him to show you what's under it. There's color & light below but it's so far down that the only time you catch a glimpse of it is when the ISTP surfaces and things get shallower for a bit. For an NF, that dark, deep surface promises treasure & discovery, but its not something as available as an NF would like (or give). It can be seen, maybe even touched, but its never going to be 'your's' to take & use as you please. To me, it seems like the 'mystery' of ISTPs is that even they aren't aware of how complex they truly are, so they put off this 'its all so simple' attitude toward life, but NFs see more. And they aren't necessarily sure or correct about what they see, but they can't expect the ISTP to actively figure it out with them. Endless potential for frustration. Also I think NFs might over analyze, as much as an ISTP would under analyze, and see things that aren't there. So to make a guide, you'd need an NFs experiences; an ISTPs insights; and then an xNTP to clean it all up. :shudder:
    Interesting thoughts. Just to throw in another complication, I've noticed I've been more willing to let non-NF romantic interests in than NF ones. Since I don't feel like exploring on that idea much at the moment, I'm just gonna guess it's because they're looking too hard for our depth and complexity. I've always been more willing to give when I'm not being pushed for it. We're like Shrek. Remember when he said he had layers like an onion? Whether they act like they're not trying to push us or not, they're tearing off our layers faster than we can take them off ourselves, which makes us feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.

And yes I'm aware of how that last sentence can be construed. Seems fitting since ISTPs have a reputation around here for being bad at relationships and really liking sex. So I'll keep it that way.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.