User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 104

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    473

    Default

    iu9g
    Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    And luckynolimits, your past experience makes me feel sorry for the world outside of you. Knowing "that there's lots of very valuable things in life besides finding love" is something ENFJs are very aware of, though its difficult to admit because we wish it could be so easy to justify such a focus on love. We see love in those things, even if its love of the self or the world or life, to compensate. I don't think an ISTP should look for someone for the sake of finding love, because I think that what you focus on is important, but when it comes I'd beg you to embrace it, even for the sake of the ones you love. I think loving is difficult for an ISTP because they are so aware of their singularity. Loving can make you feel lonely, but there is nothing comparable. ISTP love is so precious because every moment of it is a choice coming from that knowledge. I don't know too much about other types but I think it is extremely valuable & I wish an ISTP could experience the impact and excellence that feeling such a real love has on the people who get it. Its why we NFs are such ISTP junkies. It is an innocent love, its what people wish they could hold onto. Its kept that way because the ISTP never focuses on it enough to taint it with intent or capacity to denaturize itself.
    Very true... and in preserving my two biggest perspectives - the cold reality of life, and the pure ideal of love, I've found there is a common ground, a bittersweet element that keeps my fire lit even in the toughest circumstances. It might seem lonely, but it isn't what it seems because now I recognize at least a little of that element in everything and it gives me the emotional resilience to stay insightful even when it looks ugly. It's only the understanding which that insight produces which is lonely... but with time, even that has given me a sense of solitary comfort that I love far more than I loath. My only wish is that I could give the same deep sense of peace to the people around me. However, nothing is perfect and I can still make the best of it even though that will probably never happen... a bitter but sweet truth in itself, to part from our absolute ideals so we can see how it actually is and commit ourselves to making that imperfect reality better. The hardest part is realizing how little you can do and the deep but true extent of our powerlessness, letting go of the illusion of control that a false sense of power implies. Only beyond that powerlessness can we see our fears and beat them to gain an indestructible sense of freedom, which has been the key to my own happiness.

  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    Very true... and in preserving my two biggest perspectives - the cold reality of life, and the pure ideal of love, I've found there is a common ground, a bittersweet element that keeps my fire lit even in the toughest circumstances. It might seem lonely, but it isn't what it seems because now I recognize at least a little of that element in everything and it gives me the emotional resilience to stay insightful even when it looks ugly. It's only the understanding which that insight produces which is lonely... but with time, even that has given me a sense of solitary comfort that I love far more than I loath. My only wish is that I could give the same deep sense of peace to the people around me. However, nothing is perfect and I can still make the best of it even though that will probably never happen... a bitter but sweet truth in itself, to part from our absolute ideals so we can see how it actually is and commit ourselves to making that imperfect reality better.
    Reminds me of
    Said "Daddy when you coming home"
    He said the first thing that came to his mind

    I'm already there
    Take a look around
    I'm the sunshine in your hair
    I'm the shadow on the ground
    I'm the whisper in the wind
    I'm your imaginary friend
    And I know I'm in your prayers
    Oh I'm already there

    .....

    Touch you with my fingertips
    So turn out the light and close your eyes

    I'm already there
    Don't make a sound
    I'm the beat in your heart
    I'm the moonlight shining down
    I'm the whisper in the wind
    And I'll be there 'till the end
    Can you feel the love that we share
    Oh I'm already there
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #93
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    So guys...

    INFP: I think we should hold off sex for a little while because I'd like us to get to know each other mentally a bit more...how do you know if you even like my mind or me yours if we are always distracted with the sex?

    ISTP: Are you breaking up with me? What did I do wrong? Why are you punishing me? I haven't done anything wrong. We have fun, don't we?

    INFP:...uhm...that wasn't what I meant...at all...uhm...

  4. #94
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    So guys...

    INFP: I think we should hold off sex for a little while because I'd like us to get to know each other mentally a bit more...how do you know if you even like my mind or me yours if we are always distracted with the sex?

    ISTP: Are you breaking up with me? What did I do wrong? Why are you punishing me? I haven't done anything wrong. We have fun, don't we?

    INFP:...uhm...that wasn't what I meant...at all...uhm...
    Classic ISTP response. Also,

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe
    INFP: I think we should hold off sex for a little while because I'd like us to get to know each other mentally a bit more...how do you know if you even like my mind or me yours if we are always distracted with the sex?
    lol

  5. #95
    Senior Member toast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    ... a bitter but sweet truth in itself, to part from our absolute ideals so we can see how it actually is and commit ourselves to making that imperfect reality better. The hardest part is realizing how little you can do and the deep but true extent of our powerlessness, letting go of the illusion of control that a false sense of power implies. Only beyond that powerlessness can we see our fears and beat them to gain an indestructible sense of freedom, which has been the key to my own happiness.
    I like... but if I applied that logic directly in too great a quantity I would surely dissipate. Puff, like a cloud of smoke, gone. I'm certain at least half of my potential (my talents & what I have accomplished that I truly enjoy) comes purely from my belief in it. It isn't learned. I naturally feel that way & always have. It isn't really starry eyed idealism either, because I can use it to beat myself down at times. I think this, at the greatest extreme, is where ISTPs & ENFJs are at opposite ends of a spectrum. I feel like I can be happier with a little bit of that "come what may" attitude, but to have too much of it would make me inefficient. My ISTP seems happier with a little bit of that illusion of control (such as 'security' in a deep relationship), but with too much of it he would waste all his talents.
    ____________________________________________
    "In my soul rages a battle without victor. Between faith without proof and reason without charm." - Sully Prudhomme

  6. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    I like... but if I applied that logic directly in too great a quantity I would surely dissipate. Puff, like a cloud of smoke, gone. I'm certain at least half of my potential (my talents & what I have accomplished that I truly enjoy) comes purely from my belief in it. It isn't learned. I naturally feel that way & always have. It isn't really starry eyed idealism either, because I can use it to beat myself down at times. I think this, at the greatest extreme, is where ISTPs & ENFJs are at opposite ends of a spectrum. I feel like I can be happier with a little bit of that "come what may" attitude, but to have too much of it would make me inefficient. My ISTP seems happier with a little bit of that illusion of control (such as 'security' in a deep relationship), but with too much of it he would waste all his talents.
    Ahhh...subjectivity... can you spot it?
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #97
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Exclamation

    Howdy Y'all !!!

    -accidentally steps in a huge pile of BS (about NF); tries to get it off-

    Hmm... what a boring load of BS 'over-analysis' about NF & SP. -yawns-

    Well y'all, I gotta run; it's time to kick some asphalt in the Stang to unleash some of the frustration I've incurred from reading this boring (nonsense) thread. For those of you who don't have a Ford Mustang; please take two of these and relish in your own peace & quiet for a moment.

    -peace out-

    -kisses to LuckyNoLimits; the only sane one here-

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Howdy Y'all !!!

    -accidentally steps in a huge pile of BS (about NF); tries to get it off-

    Hmm... what a boring load of BS 'over-analysis' about NF & SP. -yawns-

    Well y'all, I gotta run; it's time to kick some asphalt in the Stang to unleash some of the frustration I've incurred from reading this boring (nonsense) thread. For those of you who don't have a Ford Mustang; please take two of these and relish in your own peace & quiet for a moment.

    -peace out-

    -kisses to LuckyNoLimits; the only sane one here-
    omg...what a woman!


  9. #99
    Senior Member toast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Ahhh...subjectivity... can you spot it?
    Hur hur. I do see 'talents' in what makes him unique to me and that is subjective, yes. But, what I was pretty much trying to sum up is that he gets stuffy, depressed and bored when he's cooped up with family / close friends. I'm sure he'd agree he's not 'himself' without that freedom.

    Perfect girl, INFP?! whah? There's way too much S in you.
    ____________________________________________
    "In my soul rages a battle without victor. Between faith without proof and reason without charm." - Sully Prudhomme

  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Hur hur. I do see 'talents' in what makes him unique to me and that is subjective, yes. But, what I was pretty much trying to sum up is that he gets stuffy, depressed and bored when he's cooped up with family / close friends. I'm sure he'd agree he's not 'himself' without that freedom.

    Perfect girl, INFP?! whah? There's way too much S in you.
    I know I need that freedom to be able to just do whatever I want to do or I do lose myself. I have always had that freedom growing up and I try not to do anything that would cause that freedom to be taken away.
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] Insights needed.. ISTP guy.
    By Heartbeat in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 05:12 AM
  2. [INTP] Help with INTP guy and smoking?
    By yupyupyup in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
  3. [ISTP] ISTP guys and slaves
    By yupyupyup in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 11:35 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTP guy please explain?
    By yupyupyup in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 06:34 PM
  5. [ISFP] help with an ISFP?
    By laughing dolphin in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO