User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by yupyupyup View Post
    lol..well he does seem to stare.. are you suggesting he's a psychopath?
    No not at all... I do however think in context with your descriptions, there's a reasonable probability for NPD.

Now that I've asked, does the thought of how he "stares" seem different from other peoples? Would it have come
    to your attention if I hadn't asked?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    All ISTPs are psychopaths:yim_rolling_on_the_ Sorry, just laughing at what you just said and how it applies in a blanket form.

edit: Why is it that I can feel a beaming glare coming on from twisting your words around?
    yeah, I'm "crazy" as charged.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    No not at all... I do however think in context with your descriptions, there's a reasonable probability for NPD.

Now that I've asked, does the thought of how he "stares" seem different from other peoples? Would it have come
    to your attention if I hadn't asked?
    Yeah I guess he does do that.

Well, i dunno if i would characterize him with NPD because i can tell he's a little bit insecure, but doesn't show it, and well..i just can't figure him out.

But yeah he would actually make a point to turn around in class and give me the stare, but it was in a joking manner. But it's weird because he's the first person, that the first time we made eye contact, I couldn't look away and couldn't think of anything to say. He seemed so familiar..maybe he just reminds me of myself. But i know it's a spiritual connection I feel and not lust at all..

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yeah I guess he does do that.

Well, i dunno if i would characterize him with NPD because i can tell he's a little bit insecure, but doesn't show it, and well..i just can't figure him out.

But yeah he would actually make a point to turn around in class and give me the stare, but it was in a joking manner. But it's weird because he's the first person, that the first time we made eye contact, I couldn't look away and couldn't think of anything to say. He seemed so familiar..maybe he just reminds me of myself. But i know it's a spiritual connection I feel and not lust at all..
    NPD's root is insecurity. They're like five year old little boys trapped in adults body. Confidence is a fascade and shatters quickly if one knows exactly which button to push. They'll cheat at the drop of a hat, and stab their closest friends in the back with a smile on their face. They usually leave a clump of human refuse in their wake.

A lot of women are drawn to them thinking, that they can change them...or save them from their insecurity. Heal them somehow.

NPD's are addictive in that they typically customize their image, to be whatever the seeker most desires. They typically choose their prey, and give the chosen an onslaught of attention that makes them feel really good.

NPD's cannot help that they lie, cheat, etc. Their brains simply don't function like a "near-normals." Their displays of emotion are oddly exaggerated.

The ISTP gaze and eye contact is very distinctive from other types. The difference between an ISTP gaze and an NDP one...is that one gets the feeling as if they're peering into a soul that has no foot prints. Many women initially mistake it for a flattering seduction.

Aside from all of that, this isn't an attempt to make a diagnosis. Just be aware, even so...everyone that has posted automatically sensed BIG RED FLAGS. Just suggest to proceed with caution on that basis alone. People with NPD are only a danger to those who make the mistake of getting close enough, to see the little wizard brat behind the curtain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

lol OH NOO so what exactly could happen to me if this is true?
    haha and wouldn't a person with this kind of disorder have difficulty keeping up the almost three year relationship he's had.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

lol OH NOO so what exactly could happen to me if this is true?
    haha and wouldn't a person with this kind of disorder have difficulty keeping up the almost three year relationship he's had.
    Well, it depends upon whether a person is emotionally invested. There's always the build up, and then the devaluation. Cycle begins again. It's like being "hooked" and starved for the build up phase to begin again.

A highly functioning Narse can maintain a relationship for quite some time. As with your situation, if there's contact with you...and it's a narse. There's always more...somewhere else...you just don't know about it.

People read the news all the time about politicians and their affairs. Several examples of married politicians who've had affairs with both women and men. That's not uncommon, in that the need for them to feel desirable, and powerfully attractive has little to do with gender preference. Many of those examples upon close examination turn out to be men with NPD.

Lower functioning narcissist have difficulty with simple things like maintaining a job. Relationships also don't last very long...that's a ton easier to spot.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Well it's not like he hasn't shared things. One thing he said once is how he's scared his gf might cheat on him. Just because he brags is nothing...a lot of guys do that.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Bragging most definately isn't an ISTP trait. Being proud of one's toys...yes. Being willing to share one's toys...yes. Communicating pride and appreciation in something an SO does well, yes. Bragging about a relationship. No. Silence.

Other ISTP's might be different, I doubt it...but I've never had a fear of a girlfriend cheating on me...much less communicated that notion to anyone.

I'm pretty simple. She cheats, it's like doing me a favor and she gets the boot!

Next!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

have you ever considered that all istps arent exactly the same? maybe he thinks talking about his gf is too private.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Look maybe you're right but I would definitely characterize him as a humble person, like very much so. I guess I'm just really intuitive and I can tell when he's bragging even if it's between the lines. But most people would think of him as humble.