enjoyed reading everyone's post, kind of helps self-confirm
    This is why I feel like an introverted ESTP
    Im out, its been fun

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

He is being very careful to avoid giving you a "nonplatonic" impression because he sees (or even just suspects) your attachment. He seems to me like he's interested in you as a friend and wants to keep his gf but doesn't want to give you the wrong impression. Alternatively, he could be interested in playing around behind his gf's back, which he still seems to want to keep.

Hard to tell without actually seeing you interact, though. We only have a brief description coming from one side.

Your wording concerns me. I would advise backing away, at least until your emotions are in check, this seems like it will be an unhealthy situation soon if it isn't already.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP

Maybe he just wants to be your friend.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    He is being very careful to avoid giving you a "nonplatonic" impression because he sees (or even just suspects) your attachment. He seems to me like he's interested in you as a friend and wants to keep his gf but doesn't want to give you the wrong impression. Alternatively, he could be interested in playing around behind his gf's back, which he still seems to want to keep.

Hard to tell without actually seeing you interact, though. We only have a brief description coming from one side.

Your wording concerns me. I would advise backing away, at least until your emotions are in check, this seems like it will be an unhealthy situation soon if it isn't already.

To the OP, Only time can tell if he is wanting to play around behind his girlfriends back. At this point it may be hard to cut ties though. This is where you have to really figure out if you can trust him. I do this by looking back at all the opportunities that arose that he could have pushed things but didnt between the 2 of you. This is one way in which I figure out intention, by looking at what didnt happen that could have. If you dont allow those possibilities its hard to know yourself what intentions are. Opening yourself up for those possibilities has its chances and downfalls though.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I really appreciate everyone's feedback Well concerning whether he's an istp i definitely am sure because he's very good with mechanical stuff and has this detached mysterious vibe and is kind of reserved unless he has a witty comment to make. I guess i could just be a friend, but what throws me off is when he makes comments like "I had a dream of you in my shower".. or "we're compatible" and then right after he'll say he has to go to bed. We don't openly flirt at all, but once in a while he'll make these comments...

Anyways thanks for your input, i've tried letting go before, too bad ill be seeing him at college next semester.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by yupyupyup View Post
    I really appreciate everyone's feedback Well concerning whether he's an istp i definitely am sure because he's very good with mechanical stuff and has this detached mysterious vibe and is kind of reserved unless he has a witty comment to make. I guess i could just be a friend, but what throws me off is when he makes comments like "I had a dream of you in my shower".. or "we're compatible" and then right after he'll say he has to go to bed. We don't openly flirt at all, but once in a while he'll make these comments...

Anyways thanks for your input, i've tried letting go before, too bad ill be seeing him at college next semester.
    "I had a dream of you in my shower"...This would cause me to really pay attention to certain things and how far he takes things that relate to this area. When things like this arise, I will choose to ignore. It is a good indicator of how he feels though and he may be trying to figure out why as well. Thats why I say the whole intention thing does matters. In this case I would suggest "I would advise backing away, at least until your emotions are in check, this seems like it will be an unhealthy situation soon if it isn't already." as well if either one of you has any doubts of being able to distance yourself or keep the other at bay.

"we're compatible"...This doesnt bother me at all.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Reading your description I don't doubt an ISTP, but definately not atypical ISTP behavior as everyone pointed out.

Out of curiousity have you observed an eye gaze that looked anything remotely like these? The Reptilian Stare

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

lol..well he does seem to stare.. are you suggesting he's a psychopath?

MBTI
    STP

lol..well he does seem to stare.. are you suggesting he's a psychopath?
    All ISTPs are psychopaths:yim_rolling_on_the_ Sorry, just laughing at what you just said and how it applies in a blanket form.

edit: Why is it that I can feel a beaming glare coming on from twisting your words around?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Haha I don't get offended easily