User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    I actually have been thinking about that lately. Like, sometimes the ISTPs I know make me feel 'boring'... because if we aren't distracted, or relaxing... there really is no connection, and I can't make it appear. I have no control over it. I'm just a source of comfort or a spark that adds to fun that's already there. It can be really frustrating because it makes the ISTP the same to me. Not boring so much as 'boring's nameless ugly cousin', its as if the life of the relationship is fueled by what happens around us, but not by us ourselves. It is somewhat unsettling, but I'm getting used to it. I look to other people to 'experience', because the ISTP just doesn't want to be felt directly as an experience or experience you as a person directly. It just doesn't work that way.
    That makes sense to me. They don't need deep emotional connections for a relationship hense the 'sidekick' or 'companion' title. Not that they don't feel deep emotional connections, it's not a priority for a relationship. That will come when you do alot of stuff together.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

A little off topic but to answer Craft....

One of my favorite people ever is an ESFP. We are partners in crime, so to speak. She's the bouncy, say anything for a laugh, spontaneous one. I just love her company. We both share a common goal of having fun but we go about it with differing degrees of enthusiasm. I'm definitely the "straight man" to her "joker" personality but my deadpan quips play off her zaniness very well. She has an audience in me.

Back on the topic (somewhat) I just have to say not all ISTP's are emotionally retarded but if I thought back 10 years ago to when I was 20?....holy crap. Let's put it this way. I was 26 the first time I realized (light bulb moment) that I should (by social standards) ask someone how they are doing (after they asked me). That's basic stuff right there. We just don't process on that wavelength. You wanna talk about relationships?

Exactly.

You guys are all young. Have fun. Enjoy yourselves and quit getting hemmed up on these ISTP's. Your brains and hearts shouldn't be working this hard for anyone.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

MDP2525 with the "straight poop!"

Reading about some of the things these young ISTP adults do is quite fun. Fun in the self-recognition aspect, like omfg...I did that!

Do I handle relationships differently today. Yes! Do I feel bad about however I did things back then? Nope...not for one minute. Not now, mid-to late twenties...yes I did occassionally. Then I thought it was silly to beat myself up simply because some young woman got her feelings hurt, expecting or anticipating more from me than I wanted or was ready to give?

I had a damn good time.

So my only addition to MDP2525's thought would be. Relax and enjoy the ride. Don't take it too seriously, and keep it "light."

A window to the soul

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    You guys are all young. Have fun. Enjoy yourselves and quit getting hemmed up on these ISTP's. Your brains and hearts shouldn't be working this hard for anyone.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    So my only addition to MDP2525's thought would be. Relax and enjoy the ride. Don't take it too seriously, and keep it "light."
    More good advice. I agree.