• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Sensor Myths- Fact or Fiction? (for SJs too!)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Just because you don't have an appreciation for something doesn't mean it's wrong or dumb.

As for football, specifically - there's a play, then a break when you get to either celebrate or bitch about the refs' bad call or run to pee (and risk not seeing the next play!)...repeat cycle while drinking a cold beer and eating chips with salsa/guac or other finger food of choice.

Competition is fun, action in sports is fun, supporting a team is fun... It's just meant to be fun as far as I'm concerned.

As for riots...they were probably drunk when it started. :rolli:

KDude

i'm sure there's a way for an NT to intellectualize a sport to the point of enjoyment.

NF, not so sure. but then... anyone can just appreciate something simply too, without needing an angle.. if they wanted to. i dunno, it's not all cut and dry.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am completely clueless about sports. I'm that vapid chick who thinks the Giants are a football team. :p I used to be all over playing any kind of sport you could throw at me but I never followed it. My interest ended at participation.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't stand to watch sports on TV. I don't do it often, but I enjoy going to a game.

I'd much rather play the sport than watch it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
funny... most of the threads discussing professional sports here are populated by Ns instead of Ss (who are more interested in discussing what sports they're participating in :laugh:)

I only watch baseball and the world cup, and even then I'm usually doing something else while its on... I've always been more for participation than just watching! :)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I met alot of sensors and they just seem obsessed with talking about sports.
I mean i don't get it, whats so awesome about talking sports and football?
And why do sensors start stadium riots when a certain team loses?

I have an NT on my team who eats, sleeps, lives and will die by baseball. he love the Phillies. He's also a pretty intelligent guy. So what?

It's possible to have balance in life. Try it.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
<silly>

Sensors don't like the color purple!!

</silly>

KDude

It's one of my favorite colors... But there's a definite lack of purple in my wardrobe besides some shrunken shirts. Need to fix that. Should get some purple denim while I'm at it. :)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I love purple! I'm all excited about purple and yellow crocuses right now. They're complementary colors on the color wheel! And they're so beautiful!!!!

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LIES! Sensors are not capable of liking purple! Statistics show that 97.4% of sensors have absolutely no color sense and that 48% of those enjoy the color puce! Only intuitives are capable of enjoying shades of violets, can't you see!?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
LIES! Sensors are not capable of liking purple! Statistics show that 97.4% of sensors have absolutely no color sense

No that's just the SJs. They see everything in black and white. :newwink:

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
[News cast]I am John Baker with you to night from cnn: Recent experiments by the Libyan goverment have shown that intuitives are unable to go shopping in the supermarket without becoming lost due to chronic absent mindness, siencetists speculate that this could be a "enroaching epidemic in the consumer sector"[News cast]

Last edited:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Can I get an intuitive to help me with the internet, please? I can't seem to italicize my text to make a fucking point around here. And I want to make it while I'm all good and fired up, dammit. :steam:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
WHOA! How'd that little guy appear in my post? I just click on him, and he jumps right in!? It's like MAGIC! :horor: It's almost as supernatural as the box on my desk showing me all these moving geometric shapes and pictures... :shock:

Now how do you get a woman down off of here? I want one of those hot babes from a faraway state that you can download and get married to. :thinking:

lamp

Can I get an intuitive to help me with the internet, please? I can't seem to italicize my text to make a fucking point around here. And I want to make it while I'm all good and fired up, dammit. :steam:

start the italicized area with this textblabla

and enf with this
bla bla

text
text

halpz.png

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Oh shit, that's amazing, dude! Now I can italicize anything I damn well please!

lamp

Oh shit, that's amazing, dude! Now I can italicize anything I damn well please!
dont let anyone shove a Graphical User Interface down your throat ever again. Tell them you want to learn the commands.

but seriously. who interrupts their typing for mouse clicks, anyways?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. Because people on the internet are known for their intelligence. Way to backpedal.
People on the internet, no. People on discussion boards regarding intellectual topics (such as psychology, politics, etc.), yes. The rest are on MySpace, Yahoo, 4chan, gaming boards, seriatim ad nauseam.

If you're going to make a blanket statement at least have the balls to stick to it.
You know what a probabilistic statement is? I said most sensors are dumb, which is entirely consistent with most sensors here not being so.