First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

sensors don't like math False. Love it. Was a stats major like mcmartinez

sensors are extremely detail oriented So-so. Sometimes I'm super detailed and sometimes I'm oblivious.

attention whores Attention makes me uncomfortable.

less than loyal Depends on the person. But unless I explicitly make it clear that you're important to me, then... well....

sensors don't understand the internet I've lived off the internet since I was 9.

we are "sheep" and beleive and do what we are told I march to my own beat.

sensors don't understand things like personality theory Obsessed with psychology and personality theory.

SJs like rules because they're rules, and rules are meant to be followed

sensors aren't smart Don't think personality type has much to do with intelligence.

SJs all love jesus... or religion in general Who knows.

sensors aren't very good at the arts, especially writing fiction I've always been a fan of art and writing.

SPs love nothing more than being single or cheating on their SOs I like being single, but I never would cheat on an SO

we're all crazy party animals At times. But me-time is more of a necessity

no ability to develop a more clever sense of humor/no sense of humor

Well, to sum up, there does seem to be a few S stereotypes around here, but I feel like most are all in good fun. I think the only people that actually believe them are Ss who think they are Ns. And I think most people on this forum are pretty open-minded.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Can't comment on the rest, but on this one... Obviously not all sensors are dumb (Two of my best friends are ESTP and have IQs in the 120 and 140 range respectively), and I'm certain it isn't true for the majority of sensors on this site, but the statistical rule is a documented fact: 96% of high-IQ people are N.
    A. take it to another thread... it's not welcome in mine

B. do NOT make me pull out my education on you and lecture you on self reporting biases in testing and sociological influences in testees...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Well the IQ test is an evaluation of abstract smarts, specifically strategical intelligence, and not of diplomatic, tactical, or logistical intelligence - NT, NF, SP, and SJ intelligence, respectively.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

plus... type tests only judge how people see themselves since it's a self reporting test... there's unfortunatly no way that you can truly judge how someone processes things without having a long, intensive test with different sections including listening, looking and interpreting and such with someone who is highly trained and unbiased to judge it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I never meant that abstract types can't be creative, but you saying that SPs don't have any edge on the arts is ridiculous to me. Done any research on the fact or are you just making a blind assertion?

SPs are the most radical of all, because we thrive on doing the exact opposite of the status quo. That's what keeps pushing the arts forward. And if you've noticed, the arts aren't usually about a deeper meaning, just a fresh new aesthetic, and it's all tangled up in money, too. How is any of that representative of the abstract? And when it comes to being edgy, SPs hold the market on that.

Have you read anything by Dr. Keirsey? It makes hella lotta sense. And then you read up on the famous artists and celebrities and see their temperament clearly, and you understand.

I'm not saying that intuitive types are never artists in the least. My Rational friend, for instance, is a far more excellent guitarist than I could ever imagine being.

Maybe it'll just take a bit for you to reverse your thinking on the issue.
    I have read Keirsey and I dislike his book. I have read much better MBTI books that stereotype people a lot less. I like his temperament classification when used loosely, not rigidly.

The vast majority of MBTI experts note that INFPs, INFJs, and ENxPs in particular are often artistically inclined.

Your view of the arts is your view....I don't see most art as not having meaning. Aesthetics in itself can be an ideal. New ideas & imagination are heavily associated with iNtuition. I don't see how an NP is not going to challenge status quo any less than an SP....

I've read a lot of typings for famous people, and outside of Keirsey, not every artist is typed as SP.

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Also, if SPs aren't good at art, then where does our talent lie? That's the trouble with pinning all creativity on abstractoids. You guys are intellectual, diplomatic, meaningful, visionary, intensely smart and passionate, AND you're the most creative and best troubleshooters? Then what the fuck is left for US?

Oh, right, I forgot... idiocy and zero personal skills. :rolli: :steam:
    No one said that SPs are not good at the arts, but they don't have a monopoly on artistic skill. NFs don't have a monopoly on being kind or compassionate or good writers. I said before that what may incline SPs to the arts is often being good at physical skill; but physical skill is not the only part of art.

Maybe you should read other sources than Keirsey, because SPs are often attributed many more strengths than just being artistic.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

different types of art

and I'd say that thinking on our feet and noticing what's going on in the environment would be near the top of the list of sensing skills (sps anyways!)... I'm pretty sure that the stereotypical INFJ would NOT be someone's first choice to show up at the scene of an accident (though we have an INFP here who would probably be at the top of the list! proving that stereotypes are shit)

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

sensors don't like math
    Wrong. I actually enjoy it very much, even if there's no direct application but just the pleasure to feel my brain work. At high school, I hated that, but it was because I hated school, not math.

sensors are extremely detail oriented
    Not especially. Just as much as necessary to get things done.

attention whores
    Pfffffff, no!

less than loyal
    Stupid! I am very loyal.

sensors don't understand the internet
    I don't need to understand the internet

we are "sheep" and beleive and do what we are told

sensors don't understand things like personality theory

SJs like rules because they're rules, and rules are meant to be followed
    From my experience, that is real.

sensors aren't smart

SJs all love jesus... or religion in general
    Depends of their environement. The most part of SJs I know are atheist or agnosticist. Bui it may differ from americans SJs to french SJs. The most combative partisans of religions I have known were NTs.

sensors aren't very good at the arts, especially writing fiction
    I am very good at writing fictions and scenic arts. If it means graphic arts, I suck at this.

SPs love nothing more than being single or cheating on their SOs
    !????????,

we're all crazy party animals
    Not every sensors. But some of them, yes. (me for example)

no ability to develop a more clever sense of humor/no sense of humor

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

SPs are Not Artistic? Really? like REALLY?
    I'm offended. Given that the arts are my LIFE?

These stereotypes are such crap.
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    A. take it to another thread... it's not welcome in mine

B. do NOT make me pull out my education on you and lecture you on self reporting biases in testing and sociological influences in testees...
    People who buy into statistics of that nature need to be smacked upside the head. They could poll/test only like 100 people and say it's an accurate representation of society, and then people buy into it because the results are telling them what they want to hear.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)