User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 124

  1. #31
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    ^If you wrote a book, I'd read it at least. Would be damn impressive for an ape. Don't sell yourself short

  2. #32
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    sensors don't like math - This one seems kinda random to me, but whatever, I'll go with it. I hate complex math because it seems like there's no point to it, but I like figuring out math problems sometimes. I'll play sudoku for a little while if I'm in the mood.

    sensors are extremely detail oriented - Extremely? Naw. Like Stepho said, mostly when it's a part of my art or directly pertains to me, then I can be sharp as an eagle. If it's not, I can be completely careless and not notice a ton just because I don't want to expend the energy on something that's not useful to me.

    attention whores - hah! Kinda, but I'm not like a little kid. I mean I demand attention from my SO, but how does that not make sense? If I need attention I know how to get it in a productive way.

    less than loyal - um, try NO. For instance, I could never cheat on my girl, I'd immediately get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach if I even started. Try, this is a matter of character. I don't look at girls the same way as I did before I began this relationship. They mildly interest me very occasionally instead of making my head turn constantly. Also, I'm not a backstabber by any means. My past self might've accidentally blabbed your secrets but that's because I'm a public type of person, and I'm pretty good about not doing that now.

    sensors don't understand the internet - hahahaha, DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF, MATE!? Who said this!? I would've thought it's abstractoids who would have a harder time understanding the nets because of their ability to so easily tune things out. I'm the go-to guy at work for computer related things. I was remote logging into the server while they were still trying to figure out how to get the printer to work.

    we are "sheep" and beleive and do what we are told - HAHAHAHAHA. This is the WORST! I'm the last person to do anything I'm told. I can't conform if I even try. I don't believe the same as anyone around me about pretty much anything. I may not openly confront people all the time, but I easily find a way to slip out the back when I don't care for a particular situation. I've done it my whole life.

    sensors don't understand things like personality theory - HAHAHAHA! I understand personality theory more than alot of people. I know this not only because I see people making such horrible mistakes about it, but that the person who helped Keirsey edit his latest book told me that she's amazed by how well I understand temperament theory.

    Jeez, people.

    SJs like rules because they're rules, and rules are meant to be followed - hahahaha, what's so funny is that my ISFJ girl has surprised me by how much she refuses to follow rules just because they're rules. A really good example is how her old church split up over the fact that they decided it wasn't "God's will" to read the Purpose-Driven Life, and she said she didn't think that was true, and after that alot of people got up in arms about it and just walked away. True, she's pretty loyal to the church we go to now, but only because it appeals to her (and both of us).

    My ISTJ coworker would constantly complain about the arbitrary rules that the managers enforced on us at Wal-Mart. He felt that we weren't getting enough respect or room to do things efficiently.

    sensors aren't smart - in what way? fuck, man. Everyone's smart in their own way.

    SJs all love jesus... or religion in general - haha, I'm pretty sure that's not true, but anyways. I hear tell of one ESTJ who socked his brother straight in the nose because he was being challenged about becoming an atheist.

    sensors aren't very good at the arts, especially writing fiction - um, what? SPs = Artisans = the temperament inclined toward the arts. This shows a deep, fundamental confusion about personality type theory. Creativity =/= Intuition/Abstraction. In fact, those more in-tune to the material more readily see more possibilities in how it can be manipulated.

    It seems as if the common MBTI perception of S's is really that of SJ's, so the closest it can come up with for an artist is an N type, which is ridiculous. N's might be inclined toward some types of arts, especially fiction/fantasy writing, music, etc - and apparently James Cameron is an ENTJ - but that far from says that N's are the primary type to be involved in the arts.

    SPs love nothing more than being single or cheating on their SOs -

    we're all crazy party animals - hey, can't deny that one!

    no ability to develop a more clever sense of humor/no sense of humor - hahahaha, given that most comedians and entertainers are Artisans? wtf, dude. These people just don't get it, do they?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  3. #33
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    There's also this idea that relating something to personal experience invalidates your opinion and that sensors can't give any sort of good or reliable advice or have any original thoughts because all they do is project their past upon you. I've heard from quite a few intuitives, NTs in particular, that they look down on people who do this and think of sensors as having tiny little minds because that's how many of us work. As though they're somehow exempt from learning through experience and are sooooo original.
    Precisely. You can't get abstract knowledge from nowhere. And then they think by a multitude of scientific experiments they can get to irrefutable truth. Um, unless you can show how a thing has to be so by getting to the root cause, you're not gonna figure out irrefutable truth because maybe all your experiments have a common yet undetected variable to them that once removed will create a new surprising result.

    For me, giving examples of personal experience is not absolute proof of any kind of universal knowledge. Either I'm just giving a variation on reality, or I'm demonstrating a principle that can be understood by showing how it plays out in real life.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  4. #34
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    The only fact worth mentioning is how rad we SP's are.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  5. #35
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    The only fact worth mentioning is how rad we SP's are.
    And how fine you ISFP's are.

    Second only to ISFJ's, of course!
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  6. #36
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    And how fine you ISFP's are.

    Second only to ISFJ's, of course!
    Can we put a vote to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  7. #37
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    sensors aren't very good at the arts, especially writing fiction - um, what? SPs = Artisans = the temperament inclined toward the arts. This shows a deep, fundamental confusion about personality type theory. Creativity =/= Intuition/Abstraction. In fact, those more in-tune to the material more readily see more possibilities in how it can be manipulated.

    It seems as if the common MBTI perception of S's is really that of SJ's, so the closest it can come up with for an artist is an N type, which is ridiculous. N's might be inclined toward some types of arts, especially fiction/fantasy writing, music, etc - and apparently James Cameron is an ENTJ - but that far from says that N's are the primary type to be involved in the arts.
    I see why SPs love Keirsey so much....as an iNuitive, I find this assertion ridiculous, just as you find these "myths" ridiculous. I'm as much an artist as any ISFP, dammit :steam:! "Artisan" implies hands-on skill anyway, not innovative ideas. Not to say that an SP cannot have innovative ideas. My point is, iNuition is heavily associated with creativity and new ideas; SPs don't have any edge on the arts.

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Precisely. You can't get abstract knowledge from nowhere..
    Actually, that's pretty much what iNtuition is - perception coming out of "nowhere".
    Technically, it's coming from the unconscious
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Can we put a vote to that?
    I vote for ISFJs, and my vote is the only one that matters.

  9. #39
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    You are so predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  10. #40
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I see why SPs love Keirsey so much....as an iNuitive, I find this assertion ridiculous, just as you find these "myths" ridiculous. I'm as much an artist as any ISFP, dammit :steam:! "Artisan" implies hands-on skill anyway, not innovative ideas. Not to say that an SP cannot have innovative ideas. My point is, iNuition is heavily associated with creativity and new ideas; SPs don't have any edge on the arts.]
    I agree with you there. We don't have an edge. The two are different though. There's something about NF art that doesn't always immediately make sense to me. At least, from what I think may be NF art. It can be even more imaginary than what an SP would do.. be it in a surreal way or fantastical. I think SP artists are a little more grounded in the "real world" - even when their art is symbolic. I could be oversimplifying it though....

Similar Threads

  1. ADHD, Fact or Fiction?
    By forzen in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 01:50 PM
  2. [SJ] Q for SJs: do you put up a facade?
    By MacGuffin in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Fictional SPs/SJs
    By The Ü™ in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 03:24 PM
  4. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO