User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

There's also this idea that relating something to personal experience invalidates your opinion and that sensors can't give any sort of good or reliable advice or have any original thoughts because all they do is project their past upon you. I've heard from quite a few intuitives, NTs in particular, that they look down on people who do this and think of sensors as having tiny little minds because that's how many of us work. As though they're somehow exempt from learning through experience and are sooooo original.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the sad thing is that sensors AND intuitives both secretly understand points made if examples are given

and anyone can feel free to add any other myths to the list as well... I'm not infallible... sometimes
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

That list is pretty bad. Maths is tough, not that many people like it because most other subjects in life are usually more rewarding.

Sensors and intuives were never made to get along, it's not that they're interested in different things, it's moreso that they're interested in a different perspective of things. People get upset about perspective because it makes it harder to communicate, it causes pointless arguments and misunderstandings. That's where these stereotypes come from.
    5 3 9

Some of myths probably have some truth to them, but not nearly in the exaggerated way they're portrayed. I think of attention whore as a bad thing, some obnoxious insecure person that steps on people's toes to get recognized.. While to me, it seems an ESTP can project that energy right where they stand. They don't seem so insecure as to have be pushy about it. And ESFP is somewhat of a clown.. Easily willing to make themselves look silly as opposed to stepping on people, all to make them comfortable.

MBTI
    ESTP

Well actually I like maths a lot - including the theoretical aspects of it. Especially those, I like having proofs of all theorems and such.
    I don't think it's though lol. Maybe because I don't suck at it.

And another thing - am I totally not an attention whore.

I'd be the first to believe an ESTP is good at math. ISTP too. We can't be all smart though. I know the general inclination on the net is tht everyone says they have a Mensa IQ, but I'll make a stand and say that I don't!

On the flipside, I enjoy learning about science... just as long as too many numbers aren't hurled at me. Technical things, and learning how to fix things can be fun too. Education is not the specific domain of thinkers... one can desire education solely through their sense of wonder, curiousity, or even entertainment. And that's the only thing about the "Stupid" stereotype that's annoying - that it assumes that non-thinkers don't share a fascination with the world. That the rest of us are just out there in la la land or just going through the motions. Bullshit.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

true... I've never met an incurious sensor... and when curiosity dies that's when the learning dies! as I've always told my friends- it's not important to me that you know everything, it's important that you're curious about it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The list seems heavily critical. Surely, there must be some regions in which sensors have tendencies to both excel and flounder in comparison to Ns as a side effect of different personal qualities (otherwise the distinction would be meaningless), but this needs spiced up with a few things that are unqualified positives about S's.

PS
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post

[In response to "All SJs love Jesus"]

False, I'm an SP and I love Jesus
    Technically, some SPs (or anyone else) being religious does not preclude that all SJs are religious (or, more probably, tend to be religious more frequently than other times).

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

sensors don't like math -Hate it

sensors are extremely detail oriented -Depends on the context

attention whores -Not usually, depends on the context

less than loyal I am loyal

sensors don't understand the internet -Intermajig?

we are "sheep" and beleive and do what we are told -No way, I like to stick it to the man!

sensors don't understand things like personality theory -I understand personality theory just fine, I just don't expand it and extrapolate it out into useless conjecture

SJs like rules because they're rules, and rules are meant to be followed -Yes they do those foolish SJs

sensors aren't smart -I'm not smart

SJs all love jesus... or religion in general -SJs love structure

sensors aren't very good at the arts, especially writing fiction -I would be pretty crap at writing fiction

SPs love nothing more than being single or cheating on their SOs -Nope

we're all crazy party animals -I'm a crazy animal not so sure about the party bit

no ability to develop a more clever sense of humor/no sense of humor -I was gunna come up with a witty comment but I went blank.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Oh yeah and I do think "The Arts" does kinda sound like all sorts of intuitive wankery, I like to create things but I don't want anything to do with "the arts".
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations