User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Isaac View Post
    "Is that b-b-b-ba-con? pant, pant, pant, pant, pant""

Later that day my husband informed me that he went out to eat (instead of going home as planned) and - you guessed it - ordered bacon and eggs. The power of bacon!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post

Later that day my husband informed me that he went out to eat (instead of going home as planned) and - you gussed it - ordered bacon and eggs. The power of bacon!
    mmmmmm! With potatoes fried in a cast iron frypan, my favorite breakfast!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Don't mess with a married person. I know from experience and if you want to PM me about it I will provide you with details or any answers to questions you have. It's tempting because it feels like no strings but just wait...the drama comes in a tidal wave.
    For real. I haven't been a part of this (since I'm not married, nor have I fooled around with a married person...) But I've witnessed a little at work. It's definitely a tidal wave.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

I'm pretty "schizophrenic" when it comes to this. Tidal waves are the last thing on my mind.. a few times i've put myself in situations where even their spouses are near.. and i still don't care. what really stops me is nothing other than myself, telling myself to cut that shit out. always at the last moment, i get some morals i dunno if i'd even call it that. maybe there are just better things to do.

MBTI
    ISTP

Oh, tidal waves aren't the only reason to not do it... I didn't mean that, but they're a pretty good reason.

Personally I've never cheated or been part of someone else cheating (altho a few of my friends' gfs would prolly disagree 'cause they're jealous immature bitches). Do unto others... I don't want to be cheated on, so I won't make myself part of the equation in any way shape or form.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

This happens to me too. Maybe its an ISTP thing. I don't know. It has gotten me into some trouble though.

MBTI
    INFP

My impression is that ISTPs are the male canvas upon which female fantasies are most readily projected. So I doubt it's a problem which will go away by itself. I think the best thing you can do is avoid compromising situations as much as possible (eg alone together), and change the subject if topics become personal. You may feel like a bit of a jerk doing it, but if she really only wanted someone to unwind to she would more than likely have found a close female friend for the purpose.

Playing dumb could also shield you from a lot of this stuff. Just pretend you are completely missing all hints and flirtation.

Ha, I feel like I may well be advising an ISTP to act even more like an ISTP, and therefore making the situation worse. Acting overtly sensitive, caring, considerate, warm and empathetic will probably drive this kind of woman away faster than anything else.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

hah.. good theory. to an extent.

i wonder if other sp women fall for istp "mystery" though. they're similar enough to understand... and umm... i don't think sp's torment themselves about what's in people's souls too much. i wouldn't if it's the other way around.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    hah.. good theory. to an extent.

i wonder if other sp women fall for istp "mystery" though. they're similar enough to understand... and umm... i don't think sp's torment themselves about what's in people's souls too much. i wouldn't if it's the other way around.
    Yeah, I don't know if I would personally go for an ISTP in a romantic relationship. I have several male ISTPs in my life and though we're good friends, they don't open up enough for me to ever pursue in a romantic relationship.

So I really don't want a man with "mystery". Though I know plenty of girls in my life who have been head over heels over these ISTP males, I just can't get over the whole "I like you, but maybe I don't" feel that they've given off before. It just feels like a lack of respect for the other person.

ISTPs are great playmates for myself, but anything more than that, it just won't happen (speaking about my own ISTPs of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

If anything, even if I dated one, I don't think I'd find it hard to leave one. It'd probably be on friendly terms. OTOH, I see so many threads where some NF's are wondering how it's all gone wrong.. Not sure if I'd do that.