Oh wow, I was sort of expecting people to see this thread as a "what the hell is this" thing and then ignore it...thanks for responses everyone.
I purposely left a lot of my thoughts as to the HOW and WHY this is going on.
There has to be a pattern here. Clearly it takes two to tango. Meaning, my manner or behavior or subconscious or something is causing this to happen over and over again, and this is something potentially alterable.
Here are some theories, some of you guys touched upon these:
- subconsciously, i'm just attracted to women with SOs. maybe there is something in their mannerisms which makes me desire them, except you might notice that i'm pretty passive about relationships so far.
- there is something in my manner which makes me appealing to women with SOs. maybe i fulfill the laid-back and or sexual part and don't deal so well with the emotional or social part, whom they choose another person for. this is my "economics" theory. (economics is the study of how people make choices to cope with scarcity.)
- it's possible that it's just odd luck that more than 50% of my lifetime love interests have been non-single.
- maybe i'm attracted to women who are generally desirable, and as a result, most of them have boyfriends already. this is my "statistics" theory
- maybe i'm naive, and this is just life, and in reality, most people are cheating on everyone else, and this whole social construct of "fidelity" is a facade, and I should just drop it.
- maybe my personality is too emotionally detached for most single women to pursue, and as a result to pursue me from the "safety zone" of already being in a relationship.
Just thinking out loud.
Sorry this isn't really a response to anything you guys wrote directly. More later.