User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

My uncles ESTP, he's one of the coolest guys I've ever known.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't dislike ESTP's, actually they are my greatest buddy type by numbers. I absolutely love them for how much ideas for action they have at any given time, and they're flexible and spontaneous.

I really don't go around bad-mouthing ESTP's, quite the contrary.

Still, some ESTP's greatest downfalls I've seen are related to approximately the same concepts - at least in my view.

They're often gathering so much of everything to do, so much action so that many agreements are cancelled on the run.. tho I've learned the hard way that I must treat ESTP's as something expendable, just as they seem to treat me so. They don't seem to think of people primarily through continuity, steadiness, loyalty or trustworthiness. Instead, they seem to think of people through situationality, individual cases, mutual benefits, what can be done and what can't be done at any time. Oh, and lets not forget opportunism At least I have the decency to hide my opportunism.. or at least I try

I was at one time mad at them, before I learned to play their game.

So, while I'm no best friends with any ESTPs, I like them.. and I feel they mirror my own habits and mindset very much. We generally have great fun together when we meet, but it doesn't go into developing a deep friendship.

Don't take this as an offense, I don't see (m)any ESTP's seeking to become my best friends either

edit: did I write more about their negative side? Ok. My apologies. This was not ment as a hidden way to trash them, but rather a point in what I'm allowing them while still loving them.

I don't know too many ESTPs. The ones I have known personally I have liked.

There may be a jocks/nerds theme. Where people assume they were nerds and the jocks were ESTx's.

Sorry, if that was incoherent. I am still not feeling well.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Don't take this as an offense, I don't see (m)any ESTP's seeking to become my best friends either
    one of my best friends while growing up was an ENTP! I love them dearly! we got in so much trouble together
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ESTPs (well this one at least) do tend to stick to the concrete.

I would imagine one of the things that INTPs find frustrating is the inability to deal with the big picture or concepts as readily as they can. A recent example (not the one Xander mentioned earlier) highlights some of this quite well.

I am designing a database for work, I know very little about designing databases, but Xander has a massive amount of knowledge and experience so he's offered to help me. one of his first questions was along the lines of what does the database need to do? So I went in to a long description of all the individual functions that the database needs to do. What he actually wanted me to answer is something totally different and I'm still not sure what he's getting at

Now we are getting on to the circular discussions. He's trying to explain the conceptual side of things but isn't making any sense to me. I get frustrated because he is being "difficult" and not giving me an answer that makes sense and he gets frustrated because I'm being "difficult" because I keep asking him the same question over and over in slightly different ways until I get an answer that I can understand...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

OMG Arilee!!! I'd thought that you were inactive and was feeling rather alone here!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    OMG Arilee!!! I'd thought that you were inactive and was feeling rather alone here!!!

I haven't been around for quite a while... I lurk more than I post...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm sure that your side of the argument is signifigantly more sensible!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm sure that your side of the argument is signifigantly more sensible!
    I'm sure it is... I just don't seem to be able to convince Xander that is the case though

Alot of the time we are on a similar wavelength and can talk about stuff at either an S or N level (I'm improving my N slowly) but if I'm tired or distracted my ability to discuss concepts goes straight out the window.

MBTI
    INTJ

Could it be because Bush is one?