• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do you like being called lazy?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm pretty sure all of us SPs have been called 'lazy' at one point (especially if you had SJ parents). Does it personally bother you?

Personally, I'm not bothered when people call me lazy. Chances are, deep down inside, I'm probably more content with myself and my life than they are.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Haha, I couldn't care less.
Fact is, I am as lazy as it gets and I don't see why this should be a bad thing. Yeah, I know, it's a sin bla bla bla, but I'm fine with it.

Even lazy as I am, I still get my stuff done.

Last edited:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if I agree with their assessment, then no I don't like it. I don't think laziness is a good thing (though conservation of energy, maaaybe).

I am remarkably lazy and it's a major obstacle for me.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lazy? Nope. Know how to relax. Yup. :D

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't -like- it, per se, but I guess I don't mind it. Although I started to interchange the word "efficient" when I describe myself as "lazy" thanks to a conversation I had with Bamboo a while back. I called myself lazy and he called himself efficient. And I thought that was the most brilliant reclassification ever. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't tend to get called lazy because I have a high energy level and am rather active when I AM active... but I've been called unmotivated on many occasions! :cheese:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if I agree with their assessment, then no I don't like it. I don't think laziness is a good thing (though conservation of energy, maaaybe).

I can relate to this.

It's a fine line between productivity and ambition. I don't much care for ambition but I'd like to be more productive. I'd like to be able to tap into my motivation much easier than I currently do.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
There are worse insults than "lazy." That one just doesn't bother me at all.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not lazy, my priorities are just different. I'm not overly concerned with the expectations of others (unless they're paying me) and will enthusiastically give them the finger and then go back to doing my own thing because it's my thing, I'm doing it, they don't need to understand or approve, fuck off.

Just because I look like I'm not doing anything it doesn't mean I'm not doing anything. I've got a brain. Shirking physical duties doesn't mean I'm being lazy. It just means I'm just doing something else.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't -like- it, per se, but I guess I don't mind it. Although I started to interchange the word "efficient" when I describe myself as "lazy" thanks to a conversation I had with Bamboo a while back. I called myself lazy and he called himself efficient. And I thought that was the most brilliant reclassification ever. :D

As usual... +1 :D

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i always read crazy when i see this thread?

so tell me, would you rather be considered lazy or crazy?
crazy meaning that you live in a mental world into which 90% of people cant follow you and you don't seem to care to emphasize the 10 percent that you have in common frequently.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
How about hazy?

i always read crazy when i see this thread?

so tell me, would you rather be considered lazy or crazy?
crazy meaning that you live in a mental world into which 90% of people cant follow you and you don't seem to care to emphasize the 10 percent that you have in common frequently.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty lazy but it comes out in that I'm "efficient" or, do things in a way that shorten the task greatly and allow me for more lazy time. So most of the time people don't notice that I'm extremely lazy. Those that do are ones that know me pretty well and are absolutely correct. And we can laugh about it together.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hate it. -__- I'm sluggish when it comes to thinking ahead, but...I resent "lazy." More like "too *insert lax word* for my own good."

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure all of us SPs have been called 'lazy' at one point (especially if you had SJ parents). Does it personally bother you?

If my parents ever called me lazy it was to razz me up and to try and motivate me to do whatever it was they thought I should be doing. It really isn't laziness in a case like that, it is more of "You are doing "A" and I think you should be doing "B" so I will call you lazy to try and motivate you to do as I command." Classic authoritarianism + Psych 101! :laugh:

Personally, I'm not bothered when people call me lazy. Chances are, deep down inside, I'm probably more content with myself and my life than they are.

+1, I too am very content with my life and happy with myself. I am the most productive person I know. I run circles around people and do great work. If I'm not into what other people are into then that's no one's problem, just a difference of opinion.

If someone called me lazy in an effort to denigrate me, especially in front of others, I would pick them up by their feet and mop the floor with their head, and then ask them if I still lazy, or if I should continue cleaning. :cheese:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

Haha I was going to reply to this thread anyway, but in light of this, some elaboration:

To start, I don't like being called lazy, true or untrue, if it has a negative connotation. I don't like being talked down on. If it's friendly or in jest, than no issue.

That said, I...

Make an evaluation as to if the classification is well founded.

If I am, in fact, simply avoiding clear cut work because I just don't feel like doing it and for no other reasons, than I am lazy. This is problematic if it gets in the way of my goals.

If I'm being called lazy because I'm not demonstrating immediate 'movement', but I'm instead gathering relevant information/gathering supplies/energy, than I think the claim is unfounded. Running around just to look like you're doing something is stupid. Just hitting "GO" without really knowing what you are trying to do or how to do it is wasteful. Haste makes waste.

In this situation, I find a way to ignore the person and move on. Sometimes I just have to suck it up and put on the horse and pony show (which wastes energy which I might otherwise use productively) to get the person off my back so I can go back to the info/supplies/energy gathering phase as appropriate.
------------------------------------------

The rebuttal to this is that sometimes you just need to get things going to really figure out (or get some idea of) what you are doing. We're humans, not robots, we are wasteful in this way. I don't always know what I want or how to get it. So I go out and make stuff up until it makes sense.

So I try not to be lazy. I try to be efficient. It's the way to be.

KarliJoanne

MBTI Type
ISFP
I wouldn't say I'm efficient, I like to take my time. I just don't understand what all the hullabaloo is about all the time. No one is going to die if I leave dishes in the sink overnight or nap on the couch with the cat all Saturday morning. Sometimes I feel like "non-lazy" people are just running around worrying about a lot of unnecessary tasks.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lazy = Cool. It just shows how less work to finish things = more potential.