MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    As usual... +1
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

i always read crazy when i see this thread?

so tell me, would you rather be considered lazy or crazy?
    crazy meaning that you live in a mental world into which 90% of people cant follow you and you don't seem to care to emphasize the 10 percent that you have in common frequently.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

How about hazy?

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post

so tell me, would you rather be considered lazy or crazy?
    crazy meaning that you live in a mental world into which 90% of people cant follow you and you don't seem to care to emphasize the 10 percent that you have in common frequently.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    Oooh...I always read it as "crazy cat lady".

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm pretty lazy but it comes out in that I'm "efficient" or, do things in a way that shorten the task greatly and allow me for more lazy time. So most of the time people don't notice that I'm extremely lazy. Those that do are ones that know me pretty well and are absolutely correct. And we can laugh about it together.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I hate it. -__- I'm sluggish when it comes to thinking ahead, but...I resent "lazy." More like "too *insert lax word* for my own good."
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    I'm pretty sure all of us SPs have been called 'lazy' at one point (especially if you had SJ parents). Does it personally bother you?
    If my parents ever called me lazy it was to razz me up and to try and motivate me to do whatever it was they thought I should be doing. It really isn't laziness in a case like that, it is more of "You are doing "A" and I think you should be doing "B" so I will call you lazy to try and motivate you to do as I command." Classic authoritarianism + Psych 101!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Personally, I'm not bothered when people call me lazy. Chances are, deep down inside, I'm probably more content with myself and my life than they are.
    +1, I too am very content with my life and happy with myself. I am the most productive person I know. I run circles around people and do great work. If I'm not into what other people are into then that's no one's problem, just a difference of opinion.

If someone called me lazy in an effort to denigrate me, especially in front of others, I would pick them up by their feet and mop the floor with their head, and then ask them if I still lazy, or if I should continue cleaning.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I don't -like- it, per se, but I guess I don't mind it. Although I started to interchange the word "efficient" when I describe myself as "lazy" thanks to a conversation I had with Bamboo a while back. I called myself lazy and he called himself efficient. And I thought that was the most brilliant reclassification ever.
    Haha I was going to reply to this thread anyway, but in light of this, some elaboration:

To start, I don't like being called lazy, true or untrue, if it has a negative connotation. I don't like being talked down on. If it's friendly or in jest, than no issue.

That said, I...

Make an evaluation as to if the classification is well founded.

If I am, in fact, simply avoiding clear cut work because I just don't feel like doing it and for no other reasons, than I am lazy. This is problematic if it gets in the way of my goals.

If I'm being called lazy because I'm not demonstrating immediate 'movement', but I'm instead gathering relevant information/gathering supplies/energy, than I think the claim is unfounded. Running around just to look like you're doing something is stupid. Just hitting "GO" without really knowing what you are trying to do or how to do it is wasteful. Haste makes waste.

In this situation, I find a way to ignore the person and move on. Sometimes I just have to suck it up and put on the horse and pony show (which wastes energy which I might otherwise use productively) to get the person off my back so I can go back to the info/supplies/energy gathering phase as appropriate.
    ------------------------------------------

The rebuttal to this is that sometimes you just need to get things going to really figure out (or get some idea of) what you are doing. We're humans, not robots, we are wasteful in this way. I don't always know what I want or how to get it. So I go out and make stuff up until it makes sense.

So I try not to be lazy. I try to be efficient. It's the way to be.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISFP

I wouldn't say I'm efficient, I like to take my time. I just don't understand what all the hullabaloo is about all the time. No one is going to die if I leave dishes in the sink overnight or nap on the couch with the cat all Saturday morning. Sometimes I feel like "non-lazy" people are just running around worrying about a lot of unnecessary tasks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Lazy = Cool. It just shows how less work to finish things = more potential.