• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] humble istps

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's just a facade :devil:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Humble yes, humble and stubborn.

Challenge an ISTP on something they think they know a lot about, and that stubborn humility comes out. Looks kind of like this ---> :steam:

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Amargith is kinda right, lol.

My ego thinks I'm the shit at everything. :D However...I know better than to flaunt my stuff around. I know full well that there are smarter, faster, witter, cuter, etc. people out there than I am.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
all of the istps i know are humble... is this common?

why?

Yeah it's common.

It's because we're nice peaceful people :) And we know full well there are people out there who are better than us at X, and we can always improve.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think a lot of the reasons I am the way that I am is because I'm hyper aware of how I might come across, and I'd hate to come across as something/someone that annoys me. Being somewhat humble is a positive product of that, although there are a lot of downsides too.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't think they try to be humble, it's that being humble takes less energy than not being humble. Just takes too much effort to show everyone how awesome they are :cheese:

S

sammy

I don't think they try to be humble, it's that being humble takes less energy than not being humble. Just takes too much effort to show everyone how awesome they are :cheese:
:laugh: ^true.

I dated an ISTP a few years ago. He played poker professionally and was far removed from being humble about it. He didn't mind taking the energy to show just how awesome he was at it because that's how he paid his bills.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So The Law of ISTP Conservation of Energy, holds true.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you call opening a beer bottle with a razorblade humble, you are game :D

Windigo

Humble yes, humble and stubborn.

Challenge an ISTP on something they think they know a lot about, and that stubborn humility comes out. Looks kind of like this ---> :steam:

Haha! That looks just like my ISTP at work this past week!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I use my teeth. :jesus:

Well, well, we'll have to A LOT of work to do on your quick-wittedness. You do 10 ave marias and 14 lord's prayer now and then you report back to your humble insructor !

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I'm just afraid that after I brag about something someone better will come to embarrass me...

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i think that when you are humble it forces you to look in yourself to find self-esteem and courage and pride, instead of relying on other people to carry you.

i also tend to think that greatness speaks for itself best, so you should let it do the talking.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think that when you are humble it forces you to look in yourself to find self-esteem and courage and pride, instead of relying on other people to carry you.

i also tend to think that greatness speaks for itself best, so you should let it do the talking.

I think everything everyone's said has a lot of truth to it, but I think this is the coolest sounding one. So I'll just go with this. Since I'm humble and all.