123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default ISxPs and Privacy

ISxPs: How private are you? Do you feel like it's beneficial or detrimental? Have you ever had conflicts over it? Or even conflicts with yourself?

Just curious. For the most part I've never felt the need to explain my need for privacy. But every once in a while, I find myself questioning the reason why it's so crucial for me.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

I'm so private I refuse to tell you even how private I am. See how it jams things? I guess that is one downfall to it. On the other hand, keeping your mouth shut has tons of benefits. As anyone who has opened it at the wrong time will attest to.

Private in what way? As in physical space? Or psychological? Umm, or both?

I really don't know where I fall on this. I'm open on things that some people would consider private matters - I'm pretty blunt with politics or religion. I don't go out of my way to talk about them either, but if someone asked, they'd get an answer. OTOH, I'm quiet on expressing deep feelings about personal issues. Need a lot of trust for that.

Physical spaces.. if she's hot, then she can ignore the Do Not Disturb sign. Like I care.

MBTI
    ISFP

For me, it's quite beneficial..I just don't know with my loved ones...they see it in a negative way. But sometimes I do wonder if I should go out even more..be with people...but I feel much more comfortable doing what I like in the comfort of my own bedroom (such as reading) rather than chatting the time away with people who are just interested in talking about other people (it tends to bog me down). So my overall conclusion is, I find it beneficial but others see it as detrimental
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

^ are we talking about general all around introversion? because with that, it's not exactly beneficial for me. i just don't have a choice sometimes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

My mother is an ISTP, and she is extremely private. While she can be social, meet people, and have a good time, she still has a psychological Great Wall of China between her and people.

MBTI
    ISTP

I guess it depends on what we're talking about. If people ask me questions I don't usually have a problem divulging information.

As far as space goes? As long as my house is somewhat cleaned up, I don't have a problem with people coming over... Just don't mess up my crap. It's my crap.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    But every once in a while, I find myself questioning the reason why it's so crucial for me.
    and your conclusions? (i noticed how you ever so subtly occluded frpm sharing.)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    and your conclusions? (i noticed how you ever so subtly occluded frpm sharing.)
    Hahah... I'm just often curious if I take my privacy thing too far. I agree with Riel... I often find it beneficial, but most people don't agree with me. Even my INTJ brother finds it to be too much, and he's introverted as well. For example, I don't prefer the general public to know where I am. I never make posts on Facebook like that. A lot of friends don't know I've moved back to Houston. I'm probably the most private with my love life, though. Some of my friends have to guess whether or not I'm dating a person I bring around a lot, as I just shrug when they ask. It can be pretty extreme. I guess I'm questioning it now because I've been dating a co-worker and you can only imagine how far I've been taking it.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I'm probably the most private with my love life, though. Some of my friends have to guess whether or not I'm dating a person I bring around a lot, as I just shrug when they ask.
    That's definitely not info I just dole out, but if someone asks, I'll answer. If idk what's going on with dude at the time, I say something like "...eh, we've been hanging out a lot, not sure what's going on"....'cause that's the truth and hopefully answers the question enough that they won't pry anymore. Altho if they do keep asking, (depending on who it is and stuff) I'll find a way to stop answering questions.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%