• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP and enneagram type

B

brainheart

Hey- I'm just trying to see how enneagram type colors things. For example, I'm a 4w5 and I know a lot of ISFPs are 9w8. Sure, aspects of these types are similar, but overall, no. My main motivation is to express myself, to be unique, while a 9 is to maintain the peace, blend in, correct? I've had real-life interactions with a 9, and this was a major point of contention for the two of us. I can get very dramatic and 'look at me' when highly stressed, like this: cate blanchett(bob dylan) while he completely submerges, like this: christian bale at 1:40 (He'll say he'll call back, but it's just to get away from the drama.)

Would you say either type is more or less ISFP, as far as profile descriptions go? Have any of you guys had interactions with ISFPs who seemed so different than you, basically because of what you suspect to be an enneagram difference?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The type 4 ISFPs are really different I've noticed. I'm a 9w8.

wolfy

awsm
I relate most to 9w8. I think 4 sounds more like MBTI INFP as far as the descriptions go. 9w8 is kind of leaning on ISTP. I do both of those things, but more often I will look for space.

KDude

I'm 9w8, but I should re-test. I would agree that 9w8 might be more ISTP like though.

B

brainheart

So what you're saying here is 9w8 is more on the ISFP/ISTP divide while the 4 would be more on the ISFP/INFP.... yet there are 9 INFPs... (Although I think it's more typical to be 9w1).

KDude

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of type 9 INFPs..

I'm sure blackcat or wolfy could talk about ISFP 9w8 more. I haven't taken a lot of time to look into the enneagram, so I'm not a good judge on it.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a 4w3 kind of ISFP. I would say that tends to make me lean towards the whole INFP sector only because a lot of INFPs are 4's. I can't say anything else, the wise old men up there already spoke the truth ;)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm a type seven. Not sure about the wing, but it's probably six.:hi::headphne:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So what you're saying here is 9w8 is more on the ISFP/ISTP divide while the 4 would be more on the ISFP/INFP.... yet there are 9 INFPs... (Although I think it's more typical to be 9w1).

And as a type seven (or maybe three?) ISFP, I sometimes can be mistaken for an ESFP.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I am an IsFP. I've typed as a 4 one time and then a 5 twice. Does that mean I'm 4w5? I read all enneagram descriptions and relate a little bit to 4 and 5 but mostly I relate to 9. I am def. the peace maker in my family. I hate conflict and strive to solve interpersonal conflicts between family members.

B

brainheart

I am an IsFP. I've typed as a 4 one time and then a 5 twice. Does that mean I'm 4w5? I read all enneagram descriptions and relate a little bit to 4 and 5 but mostly I relate to 9. I am def. the peace maker in my family. I hate conflict and strive to solve interpersonal conflicts between family members.

If you relate mostly to 9 then I would say you are a 9. I always test either 5 or 4 on top with 9 next. But I relate to four most followed by five.

Yeah, country girl, another one! :hi: I've met very few of the 4w5 ISFP variety. I don't know if we are unusual or if they just aren't on here. (Not saying that you others aren't lovely, but just saying hello.)

But yeah, I think that if you aren't the 'standard' enneagram type which people most often associate with the MBTI type it can make it harder to type yourself. And yes, I have a hard time seeing the difference between INFP and ISFP... although I know I am more in the ISFP camp. But still, I don't feel 'totally S' or anything. Just mildly.

Oh, and Quinlan- did you always test ISFP, or did you ever think otherwise?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

I've never done the proper test but online my results are all over the place. I think I am ISFP because I relate to those descriptions the most and the functions make sense for me. I thought I was INFJ for a while.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If you relate mostly to 9 then I would say you are a 9. I always test either 5 or 4 on top with 9 next. But I relate to four most followed by five.

Yeah, country girl, another one! :hi: I've met very few of the 4w5 ISFP variety. I don't know if we are unusual or if they just aren't on here. (Not saying that you others aren't lovely, but just saying hello.)

But yeah, I think that if you aren't the 'standard' enneagram type which people most often associate with the MBTI type it can make it harder to type yourself. And yes, I have a hard time seeing the difference between INFP and ISFP... although I know I am more in the ISFP camp. But still, I don't feel 'totally S' or anything. Just mildly.

:hi:

I also test ISFJ but I relate to ISFP description. I have 'J' tendacies due to my upbringing hense the lower case 'P'.

I'm not to familar with ennagram but 4w5 just fits the bill even tho my test will vary. I'm working on the variants (so/sx/sp).

Aerorobyn

MBTI Type
Te<3
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe I am an xSfP - probably an iSfP, but very likely an eSfP. I also believe I have a very well developed thinking side as well - so why not just call me an xSxP? :)

As far as my enneagram type goes: 7w6. If we're getting into tritypes, I believe: 7w6-3w2-9w8

B

brainheart

Hey aerobyn, the enneagram is better anyway. And I am all for calling you xSxP, although it's kind of hard to pronounce. Call me Ishmael.

D

Dali

I know nothing about Enneagram types. I keep putting off taking the test. Time to go search for and take one. I have a feeling I'll test as a type 4 (INFP/ISFP divide) based on the info in the first couple of posts.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel so alone. Where are the 4w3's?! Most of the people here who are 4's, seem to be 4w5. :(

Someone, please be a diva with me!!