User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

My ISFP friend hated school. He had a some social and test anxiety thrown in for good measure, so he mostly zoned out and tried not to be called on during class. Not really an effective coping strategy, though.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    yeah, my environment contributed as well. i was in highschool in the early 90's. a lot of chaos back then. kids were following either NWA or Kurt Cobain. just to put a humorous note on it. i fared better than some though.
    yeah, i think it was around 1992 when i had my one year in high school. NWA and Ice T were huge at my school.

we had an out of control dropout rate at my high school, the vast majority were dropouts. so the real rebels and freethinkers were the kids who finished and graduated.

I never really disliked school, at least no more than usual. I do have a tendency to zone out when being talked at... so I made it through as a relatively quiet well mannered student.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yes and yes to the OP. Anything else?
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

I hated school because I had social anxiety. I frequently played sick growing up. My mom fell for it everytime. I also had a hard time paying attention in class. I was a daydreamer. However I am in college now and loving it. I am studying what interests me and I'm just not as shy as I was as a child.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I never really disliked school, at least no more than usual. I do have a tendency to zone out when being talked at... so I made it through as a relatively quiet well mannered student.
    I acted similiar because school bored me to death.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    yeah, i think it was around 1992 when i had my one year in high school. NWA and Ice T were huge at my school.

we had an out of control dropout rate at my high school, the vast majority were dropouts. so the real rebels and freethinkers were the kids who finished and graduated.
    Did you go to H.S. in Belize?

Anyways, yeah, pretty much the same story. Almost my entire circle had probs with school then. Some went really off the deep end (and dead even), so I guess I'd still consider myself lucky. And yeah, the real rebels were the ones with their shit together. Much respect

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

I did not care for school...except for my art classes which is where my interests have been since I can remember. Everything else was a boring waste of time to me I could not correlate it with an immediate reward. I could see the work of my hands right then and there. Of cousre it would have helped to have the knowledge that I scorned.

For most of my life following school I was forced away from my impulse for art by family, society and other practical matters. Now in the summer of my years, and by pure luck I have taken up my pursuit of art again. When I consider the years that I lost to just living instead of following what I was naturally gifted for I could be bitter...but those years feed my work now and I would not have my life now without having gone through them.

Caveat: Doing what you love does not necessarily result in conventional notions of success. Sure feels good though.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

I had encouragement with art, but I didn't even take art seriously in highschool. I remember turning in some of the most ridiculous work. I was into theater as well, but ended up making a joke out of that too. When I was younger, these were personal interests of mine.. so I'm not entirely sure what went wrong.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

My path has been similar to yours.
    The only classes that I cared about were art and music. English was good when it was creative writing.
    After that, I tried to be another member of my family. Anyone but me. Now I am realizing that the gifts that God has offered me are only good if I use them. I am putting effort into improving my art skills. I try to draw at least one picture a day. I feel happier although I have not been successful according to society's definition of success.
    If I had to do school all over again, I would leave as soon as I turned 16 and would have pursued my own education by less traditional means (art studios, private foreign language instruction, libraries, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    I did not care for school...except for my art classes which is where my interests have been since I can remember. Everything else was a boring waste of time to me I could not correlate it with an immediate reward. I could see the work of my hands right then and there. Of cousre it would have helped to have the knowledge that I scorned.

For most of my life following school I was forced away from my impulse for art by family, society and other practical matters. Now in the summer of my years, and by pure luck I have taken up my pursuit of art again. When I consider the years that I lost to just living instead of following what I was naturally gifted for I could be bitter...but those years feed my work now and I would not have my life now without having gone through them.

Caveat: Doing what you love does not necessarily result in conventional notions of success. Sure feels good though.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.