User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

5-12 my favorites were running and dating football players
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I didn't like school until I went to college because it offered little challenge and I was surrounded by people who were not willing to think for themselves

I liked college so much that I got 3 degrees and stayed there 6 years! The freedom to choose to take what interested me and that not everyone around me was an idiot was quite releiving!
    wait what? you're an s now? or is that just a joke again?

I hated school for the same reason (almost) every kid does. It's always less interesting than whatever I'd choose to do on my own, plus the social aspect of it was absolutely excrutiating for me (unpleasant peers combined with extreme "social anxiety" thinking).

Middle school was an improvement, high school a larger improvement, and university a huge improvement. Grad > undergrad so far, too.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I didn't like school but I still had a lot of fun making trouble and goofing off. Tests (except for Maths) came too easy to me for too long and I ended up not putting in the effort when it was really needed.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I loved school until I hit the 7th grade. I never had to study because everything was easy for me (except math, oh dear lord). Now I'm excited to get started into a college.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

the ISFP I know doesnt like school! but as far as learning goes, he has to go to school.

MBTI
    ISTP

I wouldn't say I completely hated school, I just saw no value to it at the level my classes were taught at. I always had attendance one day shy of losing credit for my classes, didn't do much in school or pay much attention.....and I was in the highest level classes.

I'd just go home at night, and teach myself the things I "should" have learned over the 8 hours of school that day, in 45 minutes, and then ace the tests. As a result, I hated school for the waste of my time I felt it usually was, and the random arbitrary rules that I learned to find ways around.

Wound up with over 700 on both reading and math on my SAT's, and got into everywhere I applied for college.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

As far back as I remember, I always felt like I had something better to do (I didn't). Chalk it up to a sort of restlessness maybe? And a need for my own self-created interests as well. Once highschool hit, I really thought I was too smart for my own good. I eventually got expelled, and then got my GED at 16. Technically, I never passed the 9th grade. You're talking to an 8th grader folks.

OK, enough self-deprecation...

I've come to appreciate at least the weight it holds though.. so I plan on getting a degree... sometime! Preferably something that's more than just "weight" and credentials. Something I absolutely need help with, challenges me, and learn something from.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    As far back as I remember, I always felt like I had something better to do (I didn't). Chalk it up to a sort of restlessness maybe? And a need for my own self-created interests as well. Once highschool hit, I really thought I was too smart for my own good. I eventually got expelled, and then got my GED at 16. Technically, I never passed the 9th grade. You're talking to an 8th grader folks.
    that is how i felt too. i dropped out after my first year of highschool. i didn't get my GED until i was 22, though.

but i was pretty chaotic when i was around 15-16, and i went to really terrible elementary and high schools. so i think i could have enjoyed school under different circumstances, and if i had went to a school that wasn't so out of control.

*sigh* feels a bit better now. i walked away from that post feeling... too honest.

yeah, my environment contributed as well. i was in highschool in the early 90's. a lot of chaos back then. kids were following either NWA or Kurt Cobain. just to put a humorous note on it. i fared better than some though.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

it's useless, half of the stuff that's taught is "rules for how to read and write" even though I'm a senior in high school, it's cliquish to an extreme(and in denial to boot!), most projects were a waste of my time and effort, there were few(if any) people worth talking to and even fewer that took the time to listen. Hell, at least math stacked and it felt like you were actually progressing, the rest of it just repeated itself and made vague threats that never came to fruition.