User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Btw y'all, the above "wall o' text" example is an exaggeration. Not to pick on INTP's, but I think they are more realistic TypoC examples of serving up a wall of text --- except, I can tell what they say is meaningful -- it's just too extensive for a conversation, for my tastes. It's like reading Kant's a Critique of Pure Reason at times --- which, btw, I've never read either. Got the cliffnotes though

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Wait, you mean that wall wasn't copypasta? You actually typed that up?

For me personally, it doesn't matter how long the text is, as long as it is dense enough to keep my interest. I move on as soon as I get the information.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Btw y'all, the above "wall o' text" example is an exaggeration. Not to pick on INTP's, but I think they are more realistic TypoC examples of serving up a wall of text --- except, I can tell what they say is meaningful -- it's just too extensive for a conversation, for my tastes. It's like reading Kant's a Critique of Pure Reason at times --- which, btw, I've never read either. Got the cliffnotes though
    That's because they have a wall of text for every sentence in their original wall of text.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Wait, you mean that wall wasn't copypasta? You actually typed that up?

For me personally, it doesn't matter how long the text is, as long as it is dense enough to keep my interest. I move on as soon as I get the information.
    Hah no way.. It was from Uncyclopedia.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Hah no way.. It was from Uncyclopedia.
    Nice.

I actually thought you wrote that all up yourself at first, and I was about to say, that's such a wasted effort. hah.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Nice.

I actually thought you wrote that all up yourself at first, and I was about to say, that's such a wasted effort. hah.
    Lol, +1
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ESTP

I am an SP and I always write walls of text.. Usually on sports websites, blogs.. I always have so many ideas and try to tie them all together.. I do realize that few people have the attention span to read my entire 'wall of text' so I get less responses than the idiot one-liners get.. Kind of insulting.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I agree with Hall74. Long posts are OK as long as they don't look like endless words that go on forever. If it's nothing but a massive number of words, I'll rub my eyes and read something else. My eyesight isn't the best and looking at those walls of text actually makes me go cross eyed!!!
    White space is very essential.
    Organized helps, too. I am not naturally organized so I appreciate reading something that is very understandable and doesn't force my mind into an excessive amount of work (making order out of someone else's chaos). I have enough to deal with in handling my own internal and external chaos; I really don't need to try to understand someone else's.
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 02-20-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: needed to add more information
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6?

I never read walls of text. If a paragraph is more than ten lines long, I start feeling an urge to ignore it. I can read long documents, but they have to be broken into sections and paragraphs and it has to be interesting and logically ordered as someone already said. I hate when people are verbose and flowery with their words and when people skip around making tangential points. By the same token, when I write, I always use paragraphs and I always order my points in a logical order.

My bf is ESFP and he is prone to walls of text AKA verbal diarrea. When I'm in a good/neutral mood, it's amusing, but when I'm annoyed, it's highly irritating.