• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP compared to ISFP

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What makes them most distinct from the other? How do you tell them apart? I'll ask the users first hand. Just need a second opinion here

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I cry when I listen to a sad story on the radio, whereas my ISTP brother only cries if someone punches him in the nads.

wolfy

awsm
ISFP tend to be oriented towards people. ISTP tend to be oriented towards things. That is the main split. Nobody can tell them apart for sure. Not even most IS*P themselves know for sure.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ISTP is more likely to drink the last beer in your fridge. :)

D

Dali

I'm no ISTP but you better watch your beer if I am around.

The difference is you prolly wouldn't drink the last beer. Or take the last slice of pizza. An ISTP would without a second thought. Cos they're cool like that. :cool:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother-in-law got upset at Christmas, because someone ate the last "whatever."

Calls my nephew into the living room and starts whining...thinking it was him.

I walk up behind my nephew and smile while eating the last bites.

My brother-in-law was so busy fussing, he didn't notice I was polishing off
the tasty morsel...

But my sister did and :happy0065:

D

Dali

LOL @ smiling while polishing off the last bites. Sounds like something my ISTP brother would do (and has done, come to think of it. lol).

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think it's more of a matter of upbringing. If there is only one beer left, I'll get a glass and split it with you, or if there's no glass, you can drink the first 1/2 and I'll get the rest. You know, do onto others...

Since when is it cool to fuck someone over? Maybe if I hate them-or worse.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think it's more of a matter of upbringing. If there is only one beer left, I'll get a glass and split it with you, or if there's no glass, you can drink the first 1/2 and I'll get the rest. You know, do onto others...

Since when is it cool to fuck someone over? Maybe if I hate them-or worse.

Yep.

And I don't know if I know any ISFPs...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Even the last piece of something is a matter of my flow. haha I'll do for myself as soon as I consider another. As humans, I bet we all have those moments. I'd be splitting my own hairs to decide. I am never both at once, but I stretch into both territories.

I get sick of touchy-feely things, though I may feel touched. I've got this...bold independence streek and am known to friends for being brashly impulsive. I want to aid others, but I want little obligation to them. Lately I've been more in touch with my feelings, but they have low thresholds. I obsess (and I mean ob-SESS) over a solo activity but it's not anything mechanical (unless you count vocals and how they work mechanical). I don't do tools. My INFJ friend finds me slightly insensitive and I find her slightly too sensitive. lol

Upon reading about them, ISFP is too "feeling" of others to be me, but the mold fits a tad better. ISTP is pretty shady, but I've been used to working the logistics. Now I "feel" bad for typing so much. lol thanks for the replies

VagrantFarce

It's like

peter-pan.jpg

vs

6a00c2251ffd548e1d00c22523c8e98fdb-500pi

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well wolfy, we could tell you...but we'd have to kill ya. ;)

I think I know what MDP means, but will await to see what the response is.

And for auto, I think the difference between T and F is simply when one gets right down to it? How does one make decisions?

ISTP's "shady" lol

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Main difference between both:

ISTP:
mechanic.jpg

(It's his real job, and it's his uniform)

ISFP:
mechanic_costume.jpg

(It's just a costume, but it looks good)​

:laugh:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx