• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP compared to ISFP

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
By the way, I would wish I had something to fix the car but I wouldn't. Although I can change a flat, no problem. I love changing flats, I am not kidding. And I'm the only female I know personally who can do that. I also love to reshingle roofs, dig big holes, and tear out walls. But I wouldn't want to do it professionally, and it's not as important to me as my values, or as being creative, writing music and whatnot.

I enjoy physical labour. I don't mind doing that stuff if I have to. But why should I when I have an ISTP husband? :shock: After all someone has to watch the kids and change the diapers, breast feed, clean house,.... :soapbox:

Creatively I enjoy interior decorating.
BTW what is a mecha suit? :huh:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm pretty unskilled with cars (outside the basics), but I love driving them at least ;) I'm better fixing other things like small electronic appliances, or computers.. except I'd rather not. I like my computers to work and then be done with it... I get the feeling an ISTP would tinker and tweak for the sake of it, and look for ways to tune things (just like with cars).

Absolutely, at least with my ISTP husband. I can't tell you how much broken stuff we have in the house that one day, my husband will fix. :laugh: We don't have much time right now with a young family.

KDude

BTW what is a mecha suit? :huh:

giant robots.. usually piloted by brooding asian kids.

Gundam_seed_destiny.jpeg

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
giant robots.. usually piloted by brooding asian kids.

Gundam_seed_destiny.jpeg

ahahahHAHAHAHAHa... don't know why but that cracked me up.

pirates vs. ninjas in a way.
:ohmy: I want an ISFP!!! But ISTPs are so frustratingly attractive. :unsure:

KDude

"In my soul rages a battle without victor" Faith/Reason.. Pirates/Ninjas.. ISFP/ISTP? :laugh:

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I've found ISTPs often give off a hard-travelling kind of image, especially when they're younger. They are usually very tough, both physically, and emotionally/mentally. They have no problems taking risks and living on the edge. They can get by just fine by themselves. Others can be around, but they don't need anyone else.

ISFPs are not as reserved. While they don't like being the center of attention or in large groups, their close friends are important to them. They can be just as athletic as ISTPs or other SP types, and physically tough too, but they simultaneously have a softer side. They are concerned with presenting a consistent image in everything from their clothes, to car, to furniture, to musical taste. I think ISFPs are the most style-conscious of all the types. :D

Some physical stuff that isn't proof positive, but can be evidence for/against ...

• When playing sports, ISFPs can take a hit as well as ISTPs, but are far less likely to give one out. ISTPs combine grit and skill (pure grinders are more likely ISTJ), while ISFPs impress with agility, reflexes and awesome fine motor skills/hand-eye.
  • ISTPs like machines, vehicles, and doing things with equipment (computers, cameras, shop equipment). ISFPs are more drawn to artsy stuff, like saxophones and art supplies.
  • ISTPs dress in a down-to-earth and practical style, more like INTPs. ISFPs may dress to impress (not with brand names, but something that really reveals personal style). They often have a punk or alternative influenced look.
  • Both types like cars and are very good drivers. But the ISTP is much more likely to get into the mechanical details of cars, and know how to grind brakes and tune engines. ISFPs are more concerned with how their car looks and aren't as likely to be expert mechanics. The ISTPs I know like tough, high horsepower cars like Camaros, Corvettes, and Challengers. ISFPs seem to like graceful and agile cars like Mini Coopers, Si's, and RX-8s. ISTPs shift for performance, while ISFPs want to be smooth.

Last edited:

KDude

Joe Namath - THe ISFP athlete? :D

joenamath.jpg

Actually, I bet he's ESFP. Dennis Rodman may be ISFP though. Oh, and Magic Johnson as was mentioned before. I read somewhere that Jordan is an ISTP.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've found ISTPs often give off a hard-travelling kind of image, especially when they're younger. They are usually very tough, both physically, and emotionally/mentally. They have no problems taking risks and living on the edge. They can get by just fine by themselves. Others can be around, but they don't need anyone else.

ISFPs are not as reserved. While they don't like being the center of attention or in large groups, their close friends are important to them. They can be just as athletic as ISTPs or other SP types, and physically tough too, but they simultaneously have a softer side. They are concerned with presenting a consistent image in everything from their clothes, to car, to furniture, to musical taste. I think ISFPs are the most style-conscious of all the types. :D

Some physical stuff that isn't proof positive, but can be evidence for/against ...

• When playing sports, ISFPs can take a hit as well as ISTPs, but are far less likely to give one out. ISTPs combine grit and skill (pure grinders are more likely ISTJ), while ISFPs impress with agility, reflexes and awesome fine motor skills/hand-eye.
  • ISTPs like machines, vehicles, and doing things with equipment (computers, cameras, shop equipment). ISFPs are more drawn to artsy stuff, like saxophones and art supplies.
  • ISTPs dress in a down-to-earth and practical style, more like INTPs. ISFPs may dress to impress (not with brand names, but something that really reveals personal style). They often have a punk or alternative influenced look.
  • Both types like cars and are very good drivers. But the ISTP is much more likely to get into the mechanical details of cars, and know how to grind breaks and tune engines. ISFPs are more concerned with how their car looks and aren't as likely to be expert mechanics. The ISTPs I know like tough, high horsepower cars like Camaros, Corvettes, and Challengers. ISFPs seem to like graceful and agile cars like Mini Coopers, Si's, and RX-8s. ISTPs shift for performance, while ISFPs want to be smooth.
My (ISTP) mother owned this:

XJS0008.jpg

1986 Jaguar XJS

;)

KDude

My favorite car is the 67 stingray, convertible. Not typical muscle, but a muscle car nonetheless.

1967BlackCorvetteStingray.jpg

Even if I was rich I might not ever buy a car like that though because you need to work on them more often, and hunt down parts, to keep em in shape (older ones I mean). It's a lot of work I don't want to involve myself with.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
^ Sting Ray is a good looking car! i personally prefer the styling of the 69 Sting Ray.
i surprised some friends of mine once when i told them that - they expected the 67 to be more my style.
69 Sting Ray:

69black1.jpg

my favorite car is the 1970 Barracuda.
i saw a 1970 Hemi 'Cuda when i was in my early 20s, and that did it for me.
no one told me how rare they are though, or else maybe i wouldn't have fallen in love with it! haha.
1970 Barracuda:

1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda-15_460x0w.jpg