• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do all SP's comment on people's weight?

KDude

I always hear that from people who visit here, but I guess I've lived here too long.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I lived in Mcallen for 4 years, so San Antonio is pretty amazing if you're visiting from the border for vacation :tongue:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I lived in Mcallen for 4 years, so San Antonio is pretty amazing if you're visiting from the border for vacation :tongue:

I only lived at a hotel in McAllen for a week. The airport there is such a relief after a hop through Houston.

Found some good food in McAllen and omfg...at a steak house in Reynosa.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I only lived at a hotel in McAllen for a week. The airport there is such a relief after a hop through Houston.

Found some good food in McAllen and omfg...at a steak house in Reynosa.

Oh yeah, Mcallen has some really great food in terms of Mexican food. In fact, I'm always craving it because Missouri has nothing close to the food there.

Reynosa too, has some really awesome food. Oh goodness, I can tell you a couple places that serve good food. Heck, I know plenty about the food :cheese:

KDude

I prefer New Mexico food actually..really hard to find spots like that here (last restaurant I knew closed down recently). Tex-Mex is a bit... tomatoe-y and meaty. NM has the green chiles.. their enchiladas own all others.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
The only time I care to comment on the weight of strangers is when making a general observation of this city (San Antonio, TX). It is the 3rd most overweight population in the world, statistically speaking. I think that sucks.

Just to add, I'm not afraid to admit that I've even spoken behind someone's back about their kids. Fat little michelin tire looking toddlers. Really overweight kids piss me off (the kids don't.. I mean the parents). It sucks. To hell with being a nice guy about it.

Hey, I feel left out! Houston was THE fattest city for a while!

My husband and father-in-law are ESFPs, and they both notice weight more than anyone I've met. My FIL actually can be quite cruel with his comments, especially considering his wife is morbidly obese.
My husband picked up pretty quickly that I'm oblivious to my surroundings, and when he DOES force me back to earth, I'm not amused by weight comments

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only time I've made an observation about a peron's weight was this little exchange in high school.

Guy: You have split ends.
Me: You're fat.
Guy: *stunned slapped-in-the-face silence*
Me: I'm sorry, I thought it was Make A Shitty Observation About A Person's Appearence Day.

Otherwise, why would I? A person's size is their own business. They're as fat or skinny as they (or their biology) are willing to allow. If they're comfortable with it then so am I.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me: I'm sorry, I thought it was Make A Shitty Observation About A Person's Appearence Day.

You sound -just- like my best ESTP girl friend... it's uncanny. :mellow: ... Cara?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Are you a SP hater?
No. I tend to like SP's. But there're at least one or two things they do that make me uncomfortable. So I comment on those things.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The only time I've made an observation about a peron's weight was this little exchange in high school.

Otherwise, why would I? A person's size is their own business. They're as fat or skinny as they (or their biology) are willing to allow. If they're comfortable with it then so am I.

what kind of guy notices split ends? I didn't even know what they were until like 2 years ago or something

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound -just- like my best ESTP girl friend... it's uncanny. :mellow: ... Cara?

Oh dear, I must meet my evil twin someday. The world will not survive. :devil:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Idiocy like commenting negatively on someone's weight is STP suicide. SPs love to have charm and social grace, so why the fuck would we kamikaze like that unless we were just insane?

Even if said "fatty" is just some random "loser", there are plenty of people who would see that as rude and the STP as someone not worth hanging out with for fear of being criticized themselves, for something or other.

This is just the logical aspect of it. Being considerate is just a part of learning to be an adult. SPs might not always be the natural best at that, but there are plenty of ways for each temperament to round themselves out.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
The only person I know that regularly comments on people's weight is an STJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll only comment on it if I'm talking to a good friend and we're being snarky about someone we don't really like :blush:

Otherwise, no, I don't comment on people's weight- it's none of my business and I really don't care :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
what kind of guy notices split ends? I didn't even know what they were until like 2 years ago or something

Yeah, I still don't know what they are.

Rictor33

MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, I diss on fat people.. I am a workout warrior myself so when I see someone who is out of shape I think that they are lazy, complacent and hard to take seriously.. It's one thing if you are just not a physically adept person, it's another to be a gluttonous slob..

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Not all fat people are "gluttonous slobs." There are many people whose obesity is due to medical problems, such as hypothyroidism or reactions to certain types of medications. There are also poor people who are fat because a diet full of carbs is less expensive than a healthy diet with fruits, vegetables, fish, complex carbohydrates, etc.
Do you think that you might want to encourage fat people whom you know to exercise more and perhaps show them some workout routines that they can do instead of just dissing them???

Yeah, I diss on fat people.. I am a workout warrior myself so when I see someone who is out of shape I think that they are lazy, complacent and hard to take seriously.. It's one thing if you are just not a physically adept person, it's another to be a gluttonous slob..

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

Assuming your assumptions are true...assuming I am lazy, complacent, and a gluttonous slob...
Why exactly does that bother you? I mean, if I'm affecting your life by my laziness, I understand, although it probably wouldn't be my actual weight that affects you in any way...but if I'm a stranger on the street and you think I'm lazy, what affects you to the point of commenting and caring?
And that's a serious question...

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
so when I see someone who is out of shape I think that they are lazy, complacent and hard to take seriously.. ..

You're mentally lazy to jump to such conclusions.

B

brainheart

I comment on people's weight if I am weighing them on a scale and they want me to tell them. I think that's only happened with my kids. Otherwise, no. It's not something I care that much about.