• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do all SP's comment on people's weight?

KDude

Yes, I look at people when I'm outside.. And then I crush their heads.

crushing_your_head.jpg

Seriously though.. Yes.. I observe a lot. Try not to be a creep though. I can take in a lot with a small glance.

D

Dali

Absolutely not.

I were to make a mental note of all the people I know IRL that regularly comment on my weight, I'd say almost all of them were SJ. e.g. My ESFJ grandmother who always tells me I'm skinny and should eat more, my ISFJ mother who veers between telling me I'm too skinny and I should exercise, my ISFJ pal who always tells me when I've gained 1/10 of a kg, my SFJ cousin, my ESFJ pal... I've exhausted the list. :D Of course, most of those wouldn't mention it to a stranger but, since we're close, they feel they're doing me a favour. It never seems to be said out of malice.

EDIT: Referring to someone's weight in my culture ("you're skinny?! Have you been ill"... "you've gained some weight; you look great"... et al) is much more commonplace and acceptable in my culture, especially among the older generation. The younger generation that have been influenced by Hollywood ideals? Not so much.

KDude

I've gained about 70 pounds before -- and I've lost 70 pounds. In my mind, I suppose I've walked in both shoes. Maybe subconsciously or something, I feel like I can call it out. Do I do it to strangers? Hell no.. Hardly anyone does that. And with friends, it's merely funny observations.. I might slap my friend in the gut and joke or something IF I see he's been packing on pounds. The last thing he or I are worried about is him crying over it. That's not the reality I or my friends live in, and I don't have to worry about that level of sensitivity. If someone's really obese though, I say nothing. It's obviously not the easiest thing to live with, and they know enough about themselves as it is.

If I sound defensive, I don't mean to be. Just kind of indirectly responding to all of this right and wrong talk. I'm not an asshole about people's weight, but I might poke a friend or two about it. And if someone LOST weight, I sure as hell don't refrain from pointing it out. I think it's great, and that they look great.. I don't get what the problem in telling someone that.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Commenting on someone's weight is a product of upbringing and basic manners rather than type.

As for the other question of SP's looking at you. I agree with Halla. I don't know how you'd know that information but again, not type related. People look at others for many reasons. They like what someone is wearing. Think someone has a crazy haircut. Think someone is attractive. So many different reasons.

KDude

The only time I care to comment on the weight of strangers is when making a general observation of this city (San Antonio, TX). It is the 3rd most overweight population in the world, statistically speaking. I think that sucks.

Just to add, I'm not afraid to admit that I've even spoken behind someone's back about their kids. Fat little michelin tire looking toddlers. Really overweight kids piss me off (the kids don't.. I mean the parents). It sucks. To hell with being a nice guy about it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I look at people all the time, especially good looking women.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My SP ex was not only concerned with people's weight (not only in a bad way - but even in the positive sense that saying people looked better with more water weight in their face), but the relative tiredness/haggardness of people's faces, and swore that he could tell when complete strangers were on drugs by the way their eyes looked. He just always seemed aware of subtleties in facial expression, as well. Picked up visual cues in an unbelievable way, yet wasn't necessarily concerned with any sort of physical "perfection" and preferred a more sloppy punk look.

I chalk this up to his strong Se coupled with his better than 20/20 vision rather than necessarily being hypercritical and immature, though he could be that too.

KDude

Why do I think it sucks? I'm no INFP/J, but I guess I have some ideals for the human race. ;) This would be one of them. It's especially infuriating since kids are being enabled, and don't know better to make a choice in the matter. They're at risk of diseases that were once only found in unhealthy middle aged people, like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.. That's pathetic.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
How do you know that the group of people you are walking past is a bunch of SPs?
Gut instinct. If that answer strikes you as "illogical," by all means let me know.

They are looking at you because you are looking at them to see if they are looking at you.
Nope. There've been plenty of situations where either I noticed them looking at me first or one of them made eye contact with me at the exact moment I made eye contact with them.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The only time I care to comment on the weight of strangers is when making a general observation of this city (San Antonio, TX). It is the 3rd most overweight population in the world, statistically speaking. I think that sucks.

87% of all statistics are made up. 47% of people know that.

And we should meet up sometime in San Antonio, I go there all the time - I'll be there this weekend in fact.

I look at people all the time, especially good looking women.

Yeah, noodles.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
'Fraid I don't give a crap about weight. My mother, however, makes sure to comment on EVERYONE'S weight...fat *or* thin. She's an ISFJ. She bugs the shit out of me and I absolutely cannot stand it when she talks about anyone's weight.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't prefer to comment on people's weight. I don't usually like to make strangers feel uncomfortable, and any mention of weight, good or bad, seems to do that.

Edit: Oh, and I hate when people make comments about my weight. I can't tell you how many "You need to eat more!" comments I get from random strangers. Dude... watch me eat throughout the day and try saying that again :dry:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gut instinct. If that answer strikes you as "illogical," by all means let me know.

Illogical, inaccurate, presumptive, inapplicable, and maybe even sanctimonious and shallow. Are you a SP hater? Don't be hatin'. :newwink:

Nope. There've been plenty of situations where either I noticed them looking at me first or one of them made eye contact with me at the exact moment I made eye contact with them.

Everybody is watching you. We have always been watching you. How does it feel that we are watching you all the time??? :thelook:

wolfy

awsm

I think you are continuously looking around and attracting attention to yourself. I recommend looking straight ahead.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And we should meet up sometime in San Antonio, I go there all the time - I'll be there this weekend in fact.

I wanna come!! :puppy_dog_eyes: I may be near that area during the summer. :D

*cough* Anyway!

I will not comment on someone's weight. If it really matters, I think that individual would have already noticed for themselves. Do I notice weight change? Sure, I'm really in tune with other people and I know when something's different. But I won't say anything (unless they were to ask me of course).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Edit: Oh, and I hate when people make comments about my weight. I can't tell you how many "You need to eat more!" comments I get from random strangers. Dude... watch me eat throughout the day and try saying that again :dry:

SHE GOTTA PACK MUCH BACK

I wanna come!! :puppy_dog_eyes:

Thaaaat's what they all say. :cool:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
San Antonio! I miss going to the River Walk, out to the clubs and sitting around drinking a few brews on the patio. They put the Alamo in an aweful spot. Like it's way too tempting to make like Ozzy and pee on it when making the late night trek back to the hotel from the bars.

KDude

You can't get close enough to pee now. I did throw up on the front sidewalk once though

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree, I miss San Antonio as well :(
That place was pure amazing to me.