User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 87

  1. #61
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I always hear that from people who visit here, but I guess I've lived here too long.

  2. #62
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Well, I lived in Mcallen for 4 years, so San Antonio is pretty amazing if you're visiting from the border for vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Well, I lived in Mcallen for 4 years, so San Antonio is pretty amazing if you're visiting from the border for vacation
    I only lived at a hotel in McAllen for a week. The airport there is such a relief after a hop through Houston.

    Found some good food in McAllen and omfg...at a steak house in Reynosa.

  4. #64
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I only lived at a hotel in McAllen for a week. The airport there is such a relief after a hop through Houston.

    Found some good food in McAllen and omfg...at a steak house in Reynosa.
    Oh yeah, Mcallen has some really great food in terms of Mexican food. In fact, I'm always craving it because Missouri has nothing close to the food there.

    Reynosa too, has some really awesome food. Oh goodness, I can tell you a couple places that serve good food. Heck, I know plenty about the food
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  5. #65
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I prefer New Mexico food actually..really hard to find spots like that here (last restaurant I knew closed down recently). Tex-Mex is a bit... tomatoe-y and meaty. NM has the green chiles.. their enchiladas own all others.

  6. #66
    Senior Member BlueFlame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The only time I care to comment on the weight of strangers is when making a general observation of this city (San Antonio, TX). It is the 3rd most overweight population in the world, statistically speaking. I think that sucks.

    Just to add, I'm not afraid to admit that I've even spoken behind someone's back about their kids. Fat little michelin tire looking toddlers. Really overweight kids piss me off (the kids don't.. I mean the parents). It sucks. To hell with being a nice guy about it.
    Hey, I feel left out! Houston was THE fattest city for a while!

    My husband and father-in-law are ESFPs, and they both notice weight more than anyone I've met. My FIL actually can be quite cruel with his comments, especially considering his wife is morbidly obese.
    My husband picked up pretty quickly that I'm oblivious to my surroundings, and when he DOES force me back to earth, I'm not amused by weight comments

    ~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

    Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

  7. #67
    Not Your Therapist Sinmara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    The only time I've made an observation about a peron's weight was this little exchange in high school.

    Guy: You have split ends.
    Me: You're fat.
    Guy: *stunned slapped-in-the-face silence*
    Me: I'm sorry, I thought it was Make A Shitty Observation About A Person's Appearence Day.

    Otherwise, why would I? A person's size is their own business. They're as fat or skinny as they (or their biology) are willing to allow. If they're comfortable with it then so am I.

  8. #68
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Guy: You have split ends.
    Me: You're fat.
    Guy: *stunned slapped-in-the-face silence*
    Me: I'm sorry, I thought it was Make A Shitty Observation About A Person's Appearence Day.
    You sound -just- like my best ESTP girl friend... it's uncanny. ... Cara?
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  9. #69
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Are you a SP hater?
    No. I tend to like SP's. But there're at least one or two things they do that make me uncomfortable. So I comment on those things.

  10. #70
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    The only time I've made an observation about a peron's weight was this little exchange in high school.

    Guy: You have split ends.
    Me: You're fat.
    Guy: *stunned slapped-in-the-face silence*
    Me: I'm sorry, I thought it was Make A Shitty Observation About A Person's Appearence Day.

    Otherwise, why would I? A person's size is their own business. They're as fat or skinny as they (or their biology) are willing to allow. If they're comfortable with it then so am I.
    what kind of guy notices split ends? I didn't even know what they were until like 2 years ago or something

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-28-2016, 09:42 PM
  2. [SP] Calling All SP's (how do you destress?)
    By Agent Jelly in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 07:29 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
  4. [SP] Calling all SPs... opinions on INTJs
    By mystify529 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO