User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Yes, I look at people when I'm outside.. And then I crush their heads.

Seriously though.. Yes.. I observe a lot. Try not to be a creep though. I can take in a lot with a small glance.

Dali

Absolutely not.

I were to make a mental note of all the people I know IRL that regularly comment on my weight, I'd say almost all of them were SJ. e.g. My ESFJ grandmother who always tells me I'm skinny and should eat more, my ISFJ mother who veers between telling me I'm too skinny and I should exercise, my ISFJ pal who always tells me when I've gained 1/10 of a kg, my SFJ cousin, my ESFJ pal... I've exhausted the list. Of course, most of those wouldn't mention it to a stranger but, since we're close, they feel they're doing me a favour. It never seems to be said out of malice.

EDIT: Referring to someone's weight in my culture ("you're skinny?! Have you been ill"... "you've gained some weight; you look great"... et al) is much more commonplace and acceptable in my culture, especially among the older generation. The younger generation that have been influenced by Hollywood ideals? Not so much.

I've gained about 70 pounds before -- and I've lost 70 pounds. In my mind, I suppose I've walked in both shoes. Maybe subconsciously or something, I feel like I can call it out. Do I do it to strangers? Hell no.. Hardly anyone does that. And with friends, it's merely funny observations.. I might slap my friend in the gut and joke or something IF I see he's been packing on pounds. The last thing he or I are worried about is him crying over it. That's not the reality I or my friends live in, and I don't have to worry about that level of sensitivity. If someone's really obese though, I say nothing. It's obviously not the easiest thing to live with, and they know enough about themselves as it is.

If I sound defensive, I don't mean to be. Just kind of indirectly responding to all of this right and wrong talk. I'm not an asshole about people's weight, but I might poke a friend or two about it. And if someone LOST weight, I sure as hell don't refrain from pointing it out. I think it's great, and that they look great.. I don't get what the problem in telling someone that.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Commenting on someone's weight is a product of upbringing and basic manners rather than type.

As for the other question of SP's looking at you. I agree with Halla. I don't know how you'd know that information but again, not type related. People look at others for many reasons. They like what someone is wearing. Think someone has a crazy haircut. Think someone is attractive. So many different reasons.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

The only time I care to comment on the weight of strangers is when making a general observation of this city (San Antonio, TX). It is the 3rd most overweight population in the world, statistically speaking. I think that sucks.

Just to add, I'm not afraid to admit that I've even spoken behind someone's back about their kids. Fat little michelin tire looking toddlers. Really overweight kids piss me off (the kids don't.. I mean the parents). It sucks. To hell with being a nice guy about it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I look at people all the time, especially good looking women.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Really overweight kids piss me off (the kids don't.. I mean the parents). It sucks. To hell with being a nice guy about it.
    Why?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My SP ex was not only concerned with people's weight (not only in a bad way - but even in the positive sense that saying people looked better with more water weight in their face), but the relative tiredness/haggardness of people's faces, and swore that he could tell when complete strangers were on drugs by the way their eyes looked. He just always seemed aware of subtleties in facial expression, as well. Picked up visual cues in an unbelievable way, yet wasn't necessarily concerned with any sort of physical "perfection" and preferred a more sloppy punk look.

I chalk this up to his strong Se coupled with his better than 20/20 vision rather than necessarily being hypercritical and immature, though he could be that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Why?
    Why do I think it sucks? I'm no INFP/J, but I guess I have some ideals for the human race. This would be one of them. It's especially infuriating since kids are being enabled, and don't know better to make a choice in the matter. They're at risk of diseases that were once only found in unhealthy middle aged people, like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.. That's pathetic.

MBTI
    INFJ

How do you know that the group of people you are walking past is a bunch of SPs?
    Gut instinct. If that answer strikes you as "illogical," by all means let me know.

They are looking at you because you are looking at them to see if they are looking at you.
    Nope. There've been plenty of situations where either I noticed them looking at me first or one of them made eye contact with me at the exact moment I made eye contact with them.