• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are you sick of beng an S on an N forum?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well there's politically incorrect and just plain old regular incorrect, generalising behaviour from a preference system seems regular incorrect.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well all generalities may be false yet often they can be useful enough to move us in the right direction.

For example, I hate pedophiles. That is a generalization. I would not allow them to watch not only my kids but any kids. That is acting on a generalization. Is it wrong that I am prejudice against pedophiles? Perhaps. Yet if it is I don't care because the equities are weighed in favor for a prejudice which has the inclination for the greater good.

Of course this is an extreme example. In practice presumptions are of more use and well used by S doms whether they are aware or no.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For example, I hate pedophiles. That is a generalization. I would not allow them to watch not only my kids but any kids. That is acting on a generalization. Is it wrong that I am prejudice against pedophiles? Perhaps. Yet if it is I don't care because the equities are weighed in favor for a prejudice which has the inclination for the greater good.

My issue with your comments here:
I don't think anyone would use the word "prejudice" the way you are.

In this case, it's a reasoned decision, not prejudice, and the screening mechanism for the group is "sexual violence against children." So it's not like you're gonna find some pedophiles who aren't going to be tempted to mess with your kids; the only reason they're wearing the label is because they have already violated children.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My issue with your comments here:
I don't think anyone would use the word "prejudice" the way you are.

In this case, it's a reasoned decision, not prejudice, and the screening mechanism for the group is "sexual violence against children." So it's not like you're gonna find some pedophiles who aren't going to be tempted to mess with your kids; the only reason they're wearing the label is because they have already violated children.

Good point. Let me edit mere by this referance and change it around to people convicted/plead guilty of pedophilia (as I am sure a minority of them are Innocent). I would be prejudiced against them in a similar way even though I am aware some are innocent. The term and my understanding of the term is fine. Rather, its the broad association to the term in a negative context (i.e. racial discrimination/sexual discrimination etc..) which makes the uneducated or less emotionally removed wrong.

The word itself is fine...when the word becomes associated with something which it overbroad then that causes problems if those aspects outside the emotional context it diminishes the importance of the value of the wrongfulness of the negative types of prejudice (race/sex stereotypes) and muddies up the positive applications (useful presumptions/discovery/rules of thumb) as well as creating a chilling effect for free discussion of ideas and inductive reasoning.

But I believe I am moving away from S dom interest as to this...and thus digress.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Damn N's are taking over! Someone get the Raid!!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
roach.gif

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
and on the sixth day, God granted everything to the sensors, except the internet.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The word itself is fine...when the word becomes associated with something which it overbroad then that causes problems if those aspects outside the emotional context it diminishes the importance of the value of the wrongfulness of the negative types of prejudice (race/sex stereotypes) and muddies up the positive applications (useful presumptions/discovery/rules of thumb) as well as creating a chilling effect for free discussion of ideas and inductive reasoning.

But I believe I am moving away from S dom interest as to this...and thus digress.

Yeah, I'm getting really confused as to where this is going in connection with S-dom.

Damn N's are taking over! Someone get the Raid!!

but.. but....i'm trying to help! *waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*

:peepwall:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Good point. Let me edit mere by this referance and change it around to people convicted/plead guilty of pedophilia (as I am sure a minority of them are Innocent). I would be prejudiced against them in a similar way even though I am aware some are innocent. The term and my understanding of the term is fine. Rather, its the broad association to the term in a negative context (i.e. racial discrimination/sexual discrimination etc..) which makes the uneducated or less emotionally removed wrong.

But what you're saying isn't prejudice:

From Wiki:
A prejudice is a prejudgement: i.e. a preconceived belief, opinion, or judgment made without ascertaining the facts of a case.

If they have already been convicted or plead guilty then obviously the facts of the case have already been ascertained. You're not prejudging then you're postjudging.

Whereas when it comes to type each person is unique and has there own life experiences and other factors that influence them, you might have a suspicion about them but you can't be sure unless you get to know them.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
YAY! Hoorays!!!

What if I said I also have a navel piercing and acrylic nails?
Would I get bonus points?

Well, it all depends on the color/design of your acrylic nails.

As for the navel piercing, :nice:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it all depends on the color/design of your acrylic nails.

Oh, it changes.
I get them painted when I get the acrylics filled every month.

This month I did french tips.

But I usually do fun shades (including blues and purples, and I think I'll have green coming up here soon). The convenience-store and bank-teller gals love to comment on how cool my fingers are... and how unlike everyone else's "boring hues."

As for the navel piercing, :nice:

:blush:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, it changes.
I get them painted when I get the acrylics filled every month.

This month I did french tips.

But I usually do fun shades (including blues and purples, and I think I'll have green coming up here soon). The convenience-store and bank-teller gals love to comment on how cool my fingers are... and how unlike everyone else's "boring hues."

Then you can stay! :hi:
But get ready for some hazing. *grabs flour and glue* :devil:

:hug:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*eeep*

you wouldn't hurt a baby kitty would you?

Scottish-fold-kitten.jpg

Last edited: