User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default ISTPs and animals

Do animals bond easily or strongly to you, in a way that's striking enough for other people to note?

Seems my ISTP bf is some kind of Beastmaster... just wondering if having a way with animals is particular to him or common among ISTPs. It's one way I can tell how caring he is underneath the somewhat remote exterior. And it makes me wonder... how is he so good at knowing animal psychology and yet quite clueless sometimes when it comes to people?

(However, I have a female ISTP friend and she doesn't seem to care much for the critters. She's always always wanted a child though, and got one as soon as she could and is a most excellent mother.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

all of the ones I know love aminals. Some of them more than humans.

Permabanned

I'm good with animals and I love my cat. I think it could be the tertiary Ni that acts as an unconscious understanding of animal instinct.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The ISTP I know is a cat guy and has somewhat of a disdain for dogs.

However, in his defense, he did tell me, once, that he likes them in "theory."
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Ever since I was little, feral cats followed me to school. My parents have two cats but they are mostly glued to me. I feed them and take care of them. I work occasionally as a pet sitter. I also bond easily with dogs.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

i like all mammals :P but not too big on scaly critters, fish, or birds.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

My ISTP bf pretty much likes anything with fur, scales or claws. He's a cat magnet. Much more receptive and attentive to pets than he is with people.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i like animals a lot.
    i had a border collie named Jack for years, he went everywhere with me. so we had a real companionship, and while i had him he was definitely the most meaningful part of my life.

i used to ride horses a lot in west Texas. at some point my wife and i know we are going to start a ranch in New Mexico.

i am drawn to all kinds of animals. i like the simplicity and raw power of them. animals feel to me like they are rooted in reality.
    i have 2 tattoos of animals also.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    how is he so good at knowing animal psychology and yet quite clueless sometimes when it comes to people?
    Because animals do not judge.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

That's an interesting observation Heinel...

Cat magnet? Possibly? Visiting a friend's parent's house, their outdoor cat was rarely to be seen...especially with strangers. Cat would show up and sit beside me when outside. Visited my friends brothers house, sitting outside with a group of people. That cat would come visit too.

I'm not really a cat person, and as someone else mentioned the stray ones seem to notice me too.

When I visit people their dogs "go crazy" in being social enough, I've often heard that I'm the only person aside from their immediate family that gets that type of interaction?

When I was a kid my grandfather would send me out to bring the cattle back in, to the barn area. Herd of about twenty-four cattle would just kind of notice I was standing there and start to moo. So silly kid would moo back, and then turn to start walking toward the barn. The entire herd would follow.

Every once in a blue moon, there's an encounter that un-nerves me a bit. Like a fox seeing me on the way to my car, and coming within five feet. Just sitting there, and smiling like the sly ones do.

Or, having a buck visit at the same time each morning when I'm sitting on the porch drinking coffee. For a period of a couple of weeks.

I don't understand it, and had just assumed nothing really out of the ordinary for many people... Over the years if I had a pet that seemed uneasy about a person. That person most definately wasn't invited back...