Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    Because animals do not judge.
    This.

Also, just a guess here, but compared to animals, body language is something we royally suck at as humans, but if any of the 16 types is going to be somewhat decent at it, it's going to be STPs.

On top of that, most people either don't wanna go near an animal or wanna pet it or touch it and look at it = big no no for the animal. But if you sit quietly, without any expectations, and make little to no eyecontact (no staring!)..animals will be curious enough to check you out on their own.

And I'd say that ISTPs with their observing ways definitely do this, without even realizing it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    STP

I dont like cats much either. They dont know how to properly play. Give me a dog anyday, they know how to play fight without pulling the claws or the teeth out and biting. They also have this curious sideways look like they are trying to understand whats going on.
    Im out, its been fun

I like most animals. when I was a kid my mom would bring home injured/rescued animals. we had snakes, possums, all kinds of iguanas, motherless birds...I enjoyed them all. sometimes I run through the woods half-naked and growl at anything that moves.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTP

I LOVE animals My brother and sister make fun of me because I love our dog so much.

When I came home from college after my first semester, I cried when I saw my dog. My siblings, not. I'm sure they felt loved haha.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I like animals. I don't know if I love anything more than anything though. Now that I think a bout it, maybe there is something to ISTP's and animals thing. Stray cats seem to like me for some reason and I always find myself gravitating toward household pets to the exclusion of the people in the house.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    This.

Also, just a guess here, but compared to animals, body language is something we royally suck at as humans, but if any of the 16 types is going to be somewhat decent at it, it's going to be STPs.

On top of that, most people either don't wanna go near an animal or wanna pet it or touch it and look at it = big no no for the animal. But if you sit quietly, without any expectations, and make little to no eyecontact (no staring!)..animals will be curious enough to check you out on their own.

And I'd say that ISTPs with their observing ways definitely do this, without even realizing it
    I agree with this. Also the other day I was watching some TV show about pets, and how your body language, as well as the body language of the animal's owners, are the only messages pets perceive. If you are tensed, the animal will sense that tension (but not why) and they just reflect the tension back to you.

So if you are open, the animals will like you.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I dont like cats much either. They dont know how to properly play. Give me a dog anyday, they know how to play fight without pulling the claws or the teeth out and biting. They also have this curious sideways look like they are trying to understand whats going on.
    That's coz it's dangerous for cats to fight.They don't enjoy the benefits of being part of a pack..no one will take care of them if they're injured. They're more likely to avoid conflict as they're only likely to fight for territory or rights to a female. No hierarchy there usually (it's complicated, but it comes down to this). They make lousy pack animals and that means they don't know how to 'give' in a game when they've lost coz surrender could mean death, as there is no pack mentality which allows the survivor to just take a lower rank in the pack. They keep fighting and it's not for play usually. Some cats can learn, especially when living in a colony, but playing is always a risk as it real quickly turns into a real confrontation in which they either go their seperate ways or some serious damage can be done. Even in a colony, they only combine efforts for food and guarding kittens, not for group survival. It's kinda like being roommates instead of being family. You're on your own, even in a group.

Also one of the reasons cats and dogs don't get along. Forget for a sec that dogs and cats are rivals for prey and territory, when a dog wants to play, he approaches the cat with a wagging tail = aggression to cats. Goes wrong before it even started
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

Also one of the reasons cats and dogs don't get along. Forget for a sec that dogs and cats are rivals for prey and territory, when a dog wants to play, he approaches the cat with a wagging tail = aggression to cats. Goes wrong before it even started
    Don't forget the crouching behavior dogs generally exhibit when they want to play, to a cat it looks like they are getting ready to attack.

Unless they grow up together. Most of the cats I had, thought of most dogs as giant playmates/jungle gyms.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Don't forget the crouching behavior dogs generally exhibit when they want to play, to a cat it looks like they are getting ready to attack.

Unless they grow up together. Most of the cats I had, thought of most dogs as giant playmates/jungle gyms.

Didn't know how to describe it so I omitted it, but very true!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

Most kids think of me as a giant playmate/jungle gym
    Im out, its been fun