User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Questions for ISFPs!

Greetings fellow Typology Members and ISFPs. I would like to ask general questions to see how ISFPs on this forum respond. This isn't trying to prove anything. I just want to see how much we relate to each other. I'll contribute as well.

How do you view and handle theory?

How does your Fi work in contrast to INFPs?

Do you enjoy science?

Do you enjoy philosophy?

What type of art do you enjoy? (Music, Poetry,Literature, Film, Drawing, Ect..)

Do you have a talent for drawing?

ISFP Stereotypes...Which ones do not fit?

What are your typical mannerisms?

Have you even been mean to get someone to leave you alone?

Greatly appreciated,
    iLove
    George Bernard Shaw: Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveiLiveiAm View Post
    Depends on what it is and the day. Usually I just analyze it and process it for what it is, conjuring up an image of some sort that describes it.

My Fi seems to be triggered by sights, sounds, and smells. My senses work to trigger different emotions that are constantly changing.

Do you enjoy science?
    Some sciences, very much so.

Do you enjoy philosophy?
    Definitely. Just got done reading a Nietzsche book, actually.

I live and breathe music of all kinds. It's my lifeblood.

Poetry is great when I'm in the mood for it, as is film. I'm constantly reading, although a small percentage of it is literature.

No. I don't draw that much as I'm not quite skilled. I do like graphic design, though, and web design is an enjoyable creative outlet for me.

I'm not as lazy as the SPs get accused of being. Well...I admit I'm a complete lazy-bones sometimes, but when I actually get started on a project that interests me, I'll do it and do it to the best of my abilities.

Quiet, thoughtful, very emotional although 90% of the emotions are under the surface. When I speak, I speak in bursts, since I only speak when something interests me.

Honestly, not really. I usually just tough it out and make a mental note to avoid ever being around the person again. The only time I was ever a complete douche to someone was when he deserved it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How do you view and handle theory? I see theory as more of a tool to use. If it helps me understand reality, that's cool. But if it just is totally useless and meant to provoke thoughts... and isn't useful... then I just can't really focus on it or care about it.

How does your Fi work in contrast to INFPs? I feel things based on direct events in my life. Most of my emotional reactions are really in the moment, and I would consider them easy to understand. I tend to figure out other's feelings by analyzing their body language and generally the in the moment cues, I don't really do Ne to figure them out (not sure how that works in the first place).

Do you enjoy science? No. Not at all. It's really not my thing.

Do you enjoy philosophy? My interest in philosophy fluctates. It's like a mood, but it lasts for months and months. I will really enjoy it and absorb it some times, and other times (like now) it makes my head hurt.

What type of art do you enjoy? (Music, Poetry,Literature, Film, Drawing, Ect..) I really don't like art. But music is cool.

Do you have a talent for drawing? I'm a horrible artist.

ISFP Stereotypes...Which ones do not fit? I'm not an artist for one... and I don't like attention in general. I like attention given from an individual a LOT, in fact I need attention from individuals, but nothing like attention from a lot of people or being put in the spotlight.

What are your typical mannerisms? I'm lazy, quiet, stern and serious until I get to know you; then I'm ridiculously silly or serious depending on context.

Have you even been mean to get someone to leave you alone? Yes. But it was someone that I didn't really care about. I try to do it more politely if I care.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Do you enjoy science?
    I can't say that I enjoy science because I don't exactly practice it/have a scientific profession.. But I do appreciate it. It's based in the realm of experience/experimentation. I feel... safe with it. I also find it entertaining, of all things. Depending on the scientist. I think some of the best scientists are able to impart their fascination with the universe on to their listeners.. even if it's highly abstract, like with some theoretical physicists. They make it fun.

Philosophy is... hit or miss. I'd say I appreciate wisdom and practical advice, not philosophy per se. "Wisdom" is a proverb. Philosophy OTOH is some dude writing a 2 volume exploration into whether a "chair" is real and still exists when he leaves the room. To hell with that noise.

I don't consider myself an accomplished artist - but I've played a musical instrument for 20 years (guitar), I draw occasionally (with pencil and paper.. never learned other techniques), write the occasional poem, been in and out of theater workshops (kind of lost interest in that.. I appreciate acting more as a fan), into photography.. hmm.. I'd say I enjoy most art except dancing. I love watching people dance, but I'm too inhibited to get into it myself.

As for what type of art I like.. Kind of a rocker/punk. I guess? I like a lot of dark imagery and music, but that has a whimsical side to it. Not like seriously depressing gothy stuff. Something that's still fun..

Hippy.

In small chunks.

I think the S grounds us a bit more.

Do you enjoy science?
    Yes. especially biology.

Do you enjoy philosophy?
    Yes. Asian philosophy especially

Music, film and drawing I enjoy most. In that order.

Maybe. Chuck Jones said you need to draw 10,000 drawings to develop your talent. I have never got anywhere near that.

[QUOTE]
    ISFP Stereotypes...Which ones do not fit?[QUOTE]

I don't have that prima donna thing.

Watch my video. I don't know.

Yes

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Greetings fellow Typology Members and ISFPs. I would like to ask general questions to see how ISFPs on this forum respond. This isn't trying to prove anything. I just want to see how much we relate to each other. I'll contribute as well.

How do you view and handle theory? In small doses, preferably, and with real-life examples.

How does your Fi work in contrast to INFPs? I don't know.

Do you enjoy science? Yes, especially biology, astronomy, geology... I don't know as much as I'd like but I find science to be very fascinating.

Do you enjoy philosophy? In extremely small doses.

What type of art do you enjoy? (Music, Poetry,Literature, Film, Drawing, Ect..) I like all of it, but especially music, literature, film, drawing and painting.

Do you have a talent for drawing? Yes, I have been told that I do. I draw in my sketchbook almost every day and use different drawing media... pen and ink, graphite, colored pencil, even crayon.

ISFP Stereotypes...Which ones do not fit? I am not quiet and uncommunicative.

What are your typical mannerisms? I am very energetic but shy around people whom I don't know.

Have you even been mean to get someone to leave you alone? Yes (but they have to be an incredibly irritating pest before I will start acting mean...).

Greatly appreciated,
    iLove

You're welcome.
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 02-19-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: more information needed
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I tend to figure out other's feelings by analyzing their body language and generally the in the moment cues, I don't really do Ne to figure them out (not sure how that works in the first place).
    At the risk of derailing the thread, I'm going to answer that question. The strength of the INFP isn't so much awareness of peoples immediate emotions (as you implied, that is an ISFPs province) as the interpretation of them.

When an INFP hears someone speak/act, their Ne kicks, looking for possible interpretations to what they just heard/saw, looking to see what it says about that person. Given time, they will try to build up a "road map" of the speakers moral codes and emotional make up.

Thus the strength of an INFP is predicting the emotions of people they know at a remote. Sort of like, "I know how this person thinks, so I've got a good idea of how they would react in this situation, or what they would say about this."

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't mind it as long as it is practical. No practical application, not interested.

Don't know.

Do you enjoy science?
    Yes as it relates to the outdoors, nature, farming, animals, etc

Do you enjoy philosophy?
    see KDude's answer

Music

Yes but I haven't drawn in years.

Not sure of the sterotypes.

I'm quiet, down to earth and serious until you get to know me and my dry humour.

Unfortunately yes.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I only like it if it's an interesting theory

I'm really not sure. I suppose it's more like, I put sort things out through my value system as they come... Yeah, I don't know. I'm not going to pretend I do, lol.

Do you enjoy science?
    I loved science until I hit the 10th grade. Once they started adding math into the mix, I was lost. Biology and earth sciences were my favorites.

Do you enjoy philosophy?
    I'm really impartial to it.

Drawing, dance, and graphic design are me three favorites. I'm really not a huge music lover.

Why yes, yes I do

I'm not a pot smoking hippy.

Soft spoken until I get to know people heart to heart. Then I'm usually THE party. But I'm really just calm and relaxed most of the time.

Other than my siblings? No. I'm highly against treating others like crap just because I want to be left alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'll answer with a disclaimer: I pretty much always test as some derivative of an NF, though my behaviour probably more closely matches with ISFPs... plus I have that whole Se-love going on, so I'm ISFP dammit!

Like ayoitsStepho, I like it if it's interesting. It actually doesn't need to be practical, but practicality probably does contribute to its interestingness. I never run a 'practicality filter' over it though. If it appeals, it appeals. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I can go on massive theoretical benders and then be very relieved to go back to concreteness. Balance is important.

I don't seem to hold as firmly to my principles and ideals as INFPs do. I also seem more willing to bend my principles a little bit in order to achieve my aims. I can act against my principles and learn something that way (Fi gets rewritten), and the internal cognitive dissonance doesn't tear me apart the way it seems to do with INFPs (or maybe I'm just remembering some more extreme INFPs).

Do you enjoy science?
    I'm a nerd and proud of it! I was trained as a scientist.

Do you enjoy philosophy?
    I do and I don't. I like thinking philosophically to myself, or discussing philosophy with friends, but I won't go out and read philosophical books or essays. I'm okay with reading summaries of philosophical standpoints, plus seeing the reasoning behind it. It's a priority issue for me..

When I'm really down, I go into crazy philosophical mode, but to be honest, it's much healthier for me just to go and play some piano until I'm feeling better.

I prefer making art rather than absorbing it. However, I do love beautiful things... and there is beauty in ugliness, so I find many things beautiful and meaningful.

Yes to talent, though I don't have much time for it.

The dreamy, hippie, high-school dropout ones.
    Also, the idea that we don't speak in abstractions and dislike theory. Then again I'm probably an FiNi sort of ISFP who is only now recapturing her Seness.
    Also that we're excellent dancers and singers. I love dancing and singing but have no innate ability. Sigh!

I wave my hands around a lot when talking. I have a smile that makes other people smile spontaneously (I like doing this... they seem surprised they smiled back, hehe). I play with my hair a lot. With my friends, I like mock-fighting them.

Also, LOTS of spontaneous noises and sound effects.

I have left people alone in order not to become mean to them. If that makes sense.

I think if you push me far enough, I will become mean, but my meanness probably looks like a kitten's swipe on the scale of meanness. I think it's the end of the world when I've done it... others probably don't even notice it happened.