User Tag List

First 123 Last

I'm definitely a highschool dropout type. Just not a hippy

MBTI
    ISFP

How do you view and handle theory?
    My first thought was, could you be more specific? Maybe that's my answer. I like theory as long as it is interesting to me, I don't generally spend a lot of time worrying about it though.

How does your Fi work in contrast to INFPs?
    I don't know a lot about INFPs, but I think maybe ISFPs are a little more easily satisfied. I feel happy just getting outside in the sun, or eating something yummy. INFPs I think thrive on deep things, not the simple things. But I might be totally off...

Do you enjoy science?

I do! I am actually a graduate student studying Earth Science right now. I'm not sure though that research is for me. I love learning about the Earth and teaching about it to others!

Do you enjoy philosophy?

Sometimes. I have a friend who is an INTJ, and I like to discuss philosophical things with him sometimes. But I guess I find it tiring, rather than energizing.

What type of art do you enjoy? (Music, Poetry,Literature, Film, Drawing, Ect..)

Pretty much anything. Mostly I like visual art; painting, drawing, photography. But I also love to listen to music, it makes my day sometimes, and I read a lot too. I really enjoy Steinbeck and Dickens.

Do you have a talent for drawing?

Yes, drawing is something I love to do. My favorite thing to draw is faces. I feel like I get to know a person a little bit by drawing them. Especially old people, it's like the story of their lives is drawn all over their faces.

ISFP Stereotypes...Which ones do not fit?

Umm.. some descriptions say that ISFPs are detail-oriented. I'm not. When I go for a walk, you could say I am detail oriented because I notice all the tiny little flowers and movements in the trees and stuff, but when it comes to everyday life I miss everything! I've been told I'm really oblivious!

What are your typical mannerisms?

This is kinda hard to answer about yourself. I'm very soft spoken, I usually keep to myself. I get pretty goofy sometimes though and I think people are surprised by it at first. I guess I'm pretty lighthearted usually.

Have you even been mean to get someone to leave you alone?

Huh, probably a little bit. I do need to be left alone sometimes, but I don't often have a problem with people invading my space. I don't like to be mean, so I don't do it on purpose, but sometimes I can be a little mean when I'm not thinking. I think I'd be more likely to just say I have to do something and then go be alone.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Depends on the subject. Anything to do with psychology, I love the different theories.

I feel things deeply but I don't dwell on the negatives as long as INFPs do, I believe. My INFP sister seem's to have a "whoa is me" attitude, a victem mentality. I can get down but it doesn't last long. We both have our value systems that we base our decisions on though.

Do you enjoy science?

Not really.

Do you enjoy philosophy?

A bit.

Music, film, drawing.

I draw horses quite well.

I have a messy house.

Hmmm .. mona lisa smile? Trouble with sustaining eye contact? I get nervous when trying to express myself. I'm totally shy and uncomfortable in crowds.

I would have to be totally angry to get to the point of being mean. Once I'm at that point, I'm a total Beeeach. :steam:

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by KarliJoanne View Post
    Yes, drawing is something I love to do. My favorite thing to draw is faces. I feel like I get to know a person a little bit by drawing them. Especially old people, it's like the story of their lives is drawn all over their faces.
    True!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Theory is alright, I can handle it in bursts but it's not often I get real interested.

I don't know any INFPs in real life.

Do you enjoy science?

I like science, sometimes I like to read the latest science news.

Do you enjoy philosophy?

Nah

Music, Film, Drawing

I dunno, I like to draw?

I'm not completely in the moment, I can get a bit Nish (kind of a neurotic intuition) looking for hidden meanings and foreseeing what might go wrong instead of just going for it and enjoying the moment.

Very quiet, serious/deadpan approach but once I trust you (usually takes ages) I become very playful/cheeky and talkative. People probably get the wrong impression of me.

Not that I recall.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I actually enjoy theory. This is the point I disagree with when told that, ISFP's dislike/don't understand theory.
    I understand it, and like some theories, the ones that at least seem realistic.

I have no idea.

Do you enjoy science?
    Not really, I never saw the point in taking it in school, unless you wanted to be a scienctist.
    The only part I ever enjoyed was the solar system.

Do you enjoy philosophy?
    No. It seems quiet pointless. Since philosophy is about the journey, and not the answer, I rather know the answer, than have a journey.

I like music, film, photography, paintings, drawings, graphic designs...
    I don't not like writing, because I love to read, but poems are dull at itmes, and I don't like how some literature is to be analyzed.

Yes, and no.
    My family and friends praise me that I can draw, but I feel I cannot draw as well as others, or as well as I can.
    I'm a prefectionist in that way.

*goes to look at the stereotypes*
    The too serious one doesn't fit me well, i'm all about play, and i'm neither unreliable.

I am usually playing with my hair, or fidgeting with my hands, biting my nails (though yesterday was the stopping point) or doodling.
    6w7.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveiLiveiAm View Post
    Some theory seems to be useful, stuff that can be applied to real life things. But a lot of it just seems like useless mind-wanking.

Hard to say, but if I go by members of this forum, I would say that my "Fi" is used more to evaluate my own actions and values than other people's. Whereas many INFPs (and ENFPs) on this forum spend a lot of time judging other people and almost "crusading" against what they feel is wrong that other people do. I really don't waste much time on that. Are there people I wish would change their behavior? Sure. But, my SP cynicism tells me that people won't change for the most part, so I should focus on what I can do in my immediate environment and not worry about what people I don't even have to deal with are doing.

Do you enjoy science?
    Some of it. I love animals and nature, so I enjoyed some aspects of life science in school, I also like astronomy and stuff about planets and space. I sometimes enjoy reading about weather and climate-type stuff.

Do you enjoy philosophy?
    Similar to my answer on theory. Philosophy is interesting as it relates to actual events - different people's approaches to the same problems/issues, but if it's just a bunch of abstract mess, then it's boring.

Music and radio, tv/film, sports, stand-up comedy, street performers, theatre, improv.

I have sometimes doodled things that ended up interesting-looking, but I've never been good at actually drawing specific things, no.

Ones that say I'm a hippie, or incapable of carrying on a conversation, or have to avoid all conflicts. I think people who allege those things don't realize we are still SP temperament even if we may be introverted and feeling.

Hmm, good question. I use my hands a lot when speaking, even when chatting on the net with no one actually being able to see me. My face is very expressive, so it's usually not hard to tell what my emotions are. When I am thinking of speaking in my head, my lips actually move. I am always moving some part of my body. Even when sitting "still" I am bouncing my leg or tapping my fingers or something. I never completely stop, even when sleeping.

Yes, I'm sure I have, though I don't try to do this on purpose. I do tend to sometimes get that "cornered animal" feeling, though, and feel the need to do whatever makes the situation go away.

Greatly appreciated,
    iLove
    No problem.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

brainheart

How do you view and handle theory? Depends on the theory. My own theories are my favorite! I can get tired of theory, though. I can't imagine having my life revolve around it. And I can't handle sitting around theorizing forever. After a minute I find my eyes roll and I'm just like, "What's the point?"

How does your Fi work in contrast to INFPs? Not sure. My guess is I am more likely to rescue an insect or get pissed off about someone cutting down a tree than becoming a social worker or working for policy change. I prefer isolated examples of physically helping something/ someone vs working with or creating a system to solve the problem. I'd say my Fi is fairly 'hands-on', if that makes any sense. And I have a bit more of 'punk rock' sensibility when it comes to it, maybe? Whatever that means... Mainly I would say my Fi is about living my life on my own terms, not according to societal dictates.

Do you enjoy science? Yes, but more like walking around outside and studying birds, animals, trees, etc. I'll wonder about the scientific answers to the questions that I have and then I'll go find out. I love observing nature. I did well in chemistry in high school- I was good at memorizing the formulas and the periodic table.

Do you enjoy philosophy? Yes and no. I like thinking 'big thoughts' and talking about them, but up to a point. If I'm reading philosophy it is harder for me to read than, say, a novel. I find myself tuning out and I have to read things a couple of times. But I can find it interesting. Sometimes.

What type of art do you enjoy? (Music, Poetry,Literature, Film, Drawing, Ect..) All that you mention, but especially music, literature, film, and art. I love some poetry, but some.... blegh. When it gets all symbolic and pretentious I find it tiresome. I like poetry when it's set to music- you know, a song. Also I could listen to Jack Kerouac read his stuff out loud all day.

Do you have a talent for drawing? Yes.

ISFP Stereotypes...Which ones do not fit? Hmm. I don't know what they all are specifically, but I'm pretty sure doing poorly in school and being perceived as dumb are a couple. I am not like that at all. But I also took the classes I knew I would do well at/ I was interested in. In other words, art, film, and literature. My favorite classes in college were film animation and entomology. And I'm decent with words.

What are your typical mannerisms? I grind my teeth and I have to doodle or I will fall asleep or not pay attention. I roll my eyes A LOT. I always have my fingers in my mouth if I am reading. I'll find myself breaking out into song in public places. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I want to answer these questions as i took one of the tests on this site last night and came up as ISFP *Sigh* (More confusion).
    Please tell me, by responses i do sound SFP??

Theory is fine as long as i have some kind of interest in the subject beforehand or something has stroked my curiosity thus the need to find out the what/why/how.

My partner is an INFP and to my knowledge we both use Fi (he has assured me i am not a Fe dom). We both take information from the outside world and assess it according to our internal values. (I think that is how it works)

Do you enjoy science?

Yes, for the most part. Again down to my curious nature.

Do you enjoy philosophy?

I would of said no in the past. However it has been brought to my attention that i have discussions based on philosophical views. I think i am more aware than i give myself credit for. I heard someone on here talking about Nietzsche so i went onto Wiki to find out some more info. The book i am currently reading speaks of Kierkegaard so i will later on look him up on Wiki.
    So i believe the answer is Yes.

I enjoy music (I saw Ludovico Einaudi in concert on Friday. Absolutely amazing), films and paintings. When i went to Edinburgh, into the Scottish National Gallery, i think i could of lived there forever and not been bored. Apparently i have a creative side that i haven't tapped into and i was speaking to my partner of what i would like to compose on canvas. He told me that what i would be doing is bringing together paint and sculpture and my ideas were in fact very abstract Lol

No.

Not sure. I haven't read up on ISFP's yet .. Only ESFP's

Confusion .. But i am very aware i am the 'actor' .. I adapt to situations and objectively view the bigger picture.

I don't need to be mean, just blunt and to the point.

So what do you think????
    Thanks.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

I would of said no in the past. However it has been brought to my attention that i have discussions based on philosophical views. I think i am more aware than i give myself credit for. I heard someone on here talking about Nietzsche so i went onto Wiki to find out some more info. The book i am currently reading speaks of Kierkegaard so i will later on look him up on Wiki.
    I think Nietzsche and Kierkegaard both are easier to tolerate/digest for sensors than it is for other philosophers (the long winded epistemologists especially. I loathe that kind of stuff). Both are succinct, have a somewhat poetic/ passionate writing style, and both were mostly opposed to rationalism (but not empiricism). They also looked cool. Kierkegaard's hair was badass, and Neitzsche had a pretty righteous mustache going on. I wonder if these are characteristics of existentialists in general.. if that's the case, I wouldn't mind some philosophy either.