User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

referring to KDude's story about laughing at teh' boots.

Made my dad mad as hell I'd laugh when he'd spank me. Spank harder,
    laugh louder.

No more whoopin's after that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    referring to KDude's story about laughing at teh' boots.

Made my dad mad as hell I'd laugh when he'd spank me. Spank harder,
    laugh louder.

No more whoopin's after that.
    You psycho!

I would have ended up in the ER if I pulled that.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Well, it's not like I wasn't limpn' for a day or so...

I'd just look at him and smile.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Anyways, which SP's are more comfortable with conflict?
    ISTPs.

Why?
    They don't go in to a conflict like a raging bull. They wait and see all the facts and when opportunity presents itself 'Bang' they strike.

Ti - Waits and analyze
    Se - Launches the attack

Ni - See's long term aspects of points presented/implied by the opponent
    Fe - butters things up (When needed)

Riva

One major reason why ISTPs thrive in conflicts is because they can quickly analyze (Ti/sum up) the situation. And nothing thrives on opportunities as much as Se. (Ne creates opportunity, Se sees and improvises).

Afterward Ni sees where things are going (future) really really really fast. And they (ISTPs) will use Fe if that is what is most appropriate (or if their Ni tells them they are going to get screwed.)

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Conflict often baffles me, one moment things are going along smoothly and all of a sudden here is this chaotic element thrown up in front of me. If it is a physical threatening thing I answer back at once. If it is relationship oriented I will try to harness my emotions and sort it out, but I must admit that it is in this area that I will try to avoid any conflict because I am pretty sure it is my fault, or it will end up being anyway (can I get a witness?). At work I am usually at odds with any supervisor....and will often stop at nothing to assert my views once I have made a thoughtful analysis of the problem...which is almost always their fault (of course) and usually puts me way down on the list of "team player" candidates.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't like conflict and try to avoid it - though I try to avoid it by rationally arguing things and avoiding miscommunication. If it's important to me I will try to figure out a logical way of arguing my point, though sometimes it's just not worth the effort honestly. It's also easier for me to express conflicting opinions in writing or online. Arguing with people is very draining, especially in person.

edit: despite this though I'm pretty bad for pointing out flaws in people arguments, I need to be more careful with that
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    STP

I drive my wife nuts because I pull back in the middle of an argument and analyze our argument and turn the argument on itself and end up argueing about the argument
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You psycho!

I would have ended up in the ER if I pulled that.
    My son tried that, I pulled back as I knew where it was going and changed the punishment right then and their and took something away.

It was like spank...laugh...harder...laugh....your going to bed early....cries.

next time

spank...laugh...you just lost video games...cries.

next time

you lost video games...i dont care...you just lost xyz...i dont care....20 minutes later, can I play mario, no....cries.....you shouldnt have done (whatever he did).

recently....you just lost fishworld for 2 days...ok...came back 2 days later logged into fish world and all his fish were dead....you shouldnt have done abc.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTP

Well, conflict.

I am not afraid to speak for myself and I am feisty enough. Most of the time I should keep my mouth shut.
    Anyway, obviously I had huge problems with my parents whenever we had conflicts because I would not stand being punished if I had done nothing wrong (apparently, only in my opinion). With some teachers as well. When I grew up a bit, I became more cautious, but in elementary school, if I had an issue with a teacher, I would speak up. This has earned me many phone calls to my parents. I think the only reason I never had worse problems than that was the fact that I have always been an A+ student.

Of course, as I got older, learned that speaking up won't always be the smartest solution.
    I avoid conflicts that only have the potential to make me burn some neurons, instead of being productive. Sometimes, I will just turn my back. I value my neurons and I avoid to waste them on useless battles.