User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: ISTPs

I'm really not sure.. I'm only just becoming familiar with SP's recently So not much thought put into other types. She might be a J though. Clean freak! And could be sort of judgmental (not in a bad way). If I were to take a guess, maybe INFJ.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm really not sure.. I'm only just becoming familiar with SP's recently So not much thought put into other types. She might be a J though. Clean freak! And could be sort of judgmental (not in a bad way). If I were to take a guess, maybe INFJ.
    Yeah, I had similar experiences. It's probably better to stay reactive when dealing with NFs. Saves a lot of troubles.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    It's probably better to stay reactive when dealing with NFs. Saves a lot of troubles.
    duly noted..

i wouldn't mind meeting an enfp though (if i haven't already). they seem like the type of people who really want to get to know others, and won't make too many assumptions. i can dig it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    duly noted..

i wouldn't mind meeting an enfp though (if i haven't already). they seem like the type of people who really want to get to know others, and won't make too many assumptions. i can dig it.
    A statement like this is akin to one drop of blood in shark infested waters.

ENFP's are great.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

^ +1 IME.

Peaceful is definitely a word I'd use to describe an ISTP externally on an 'average' day. But I notice this aggressive complexity that comes out when they're playing hard or when they're upset. Getting drunk, excited, frustrated or insecure, there's this overwhelming building tension. Then when it snaps, they are as chaotic & aggressive as anyone I've ever seen.

I've only known 2 though, and I think they have insecurity issues with me. So my experiences are probably extreme.

MBTI
    ISTP

We're generally accepting, peaceful people.

But when we snap, prepare to get dismantled.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I think we're one of the more peaceful types, but maybe not -the- most peaceful. Maybe ISFPs are?

But as for the conflict thing, I really don't like it. I avoid it like the plague. I always joke that I'm an expert conflict-avoider, i.e., if I feel the least bit of tension I either sneak off or deflect it. I never really associated this with me being an ISTP, but because I'm a middle child of a very chaotic family. I think this because I wasn't always like this (Used to be a stubborn ass), but developed this way over time, especially during family issues.
    I agree on this, I grew up having huge conflicts with my INTJ dad and because of this I developed a concflictshyness as an adult (which I'm currently working to get rid of... really hard!). I am also an enneagram 6w5, which makes me wanna suck up authorities asses sometimes, which also means that I'm very picky with who I'm picking a fight with, it has to be "worth" it. Brrr. No, I'm definitely most comfy with PEACE. An expert of smoothing things over, often by joking.
    I 87%
    S 56%
    T 73%
    P 71%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Like others have said, I don't actively seek conflict, but I certainly don't mind stirring things up if I feel there's a need. I'm generally a peaceful person but can be "a bitch" sometimes...I don't shy away from showing anger if it's befitting of the situation.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Really, more conflict avoidant than isfps??

I'm actually pretty conflict avoidant IRL if it's a situation that people will overreact and get emotional about, though this may just be me and not an istp thing. I'm fine bringing up conflicting things in a calm way (it's my preference vs. saying nothing, actually). I don't mind "arguing" (vs. "fighting")...whenever emotions get involved it gets ugly. I'm not conflict avoidant on the internets, unless it's just too much to bother with or I don't feel like it.

Conflicts for me usually go:

1) calm and rational disagreement
    2) other person gets PISSED for no reason and starts doing stupid things
    3) I gethugely pissed off that the other person's pissed off at me for no reason
    4) I leave or start snapping sarcastic things
    5) I'm mad for a few hours or overnight then forget about it
    -end of thread-

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Really, more conflict avoidant than isfps??

I'm actually pretty conflict avoidant IRL if it's a situation that people will overreact and get emotional about, though this may just be me and not an istp thing. I'm fine bringing up conflicting things in a calm way (it's my preference vs. saying nothing, actually). I don't mind "arguing" (vs. "fighting")...whenever emotions get involved it gets ugly. I'm not conflict avoidant on the internets, unless it's just too much to bother with or I don't feel like it.

Conflicts for me usually go:

1) calm and rational disagreement
    2) other person gets PISSED for no reason and starts doing stupid things
    3) I gethugely pissed off that the other person's pissed off at me for no reason
    4) I leave or start snapping sarcastic things
    5) I'm mad for a few hours or overnight then forget about it
    -end of thread-