User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ISTPs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Spontaneous pranks? Oh dear... as a kid my ISTP slid down the waterpark slide headfirst/stomachdown and mimicked a dead person floating on the pool. Caused a commotion, completely freaked everyone out, and from then on, there was a new policy there that all kids had to be accompanied by an adult. That didn't stop my bf from anything tho...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Lots of stuff I'll momentarily look back n' say, "omfg...what was I thinking?"

Then laugh. Not a darn bit regretful.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    Spontaneous pranks? Oh dear... as a kid my ISTP slid down the waterpark slide headfirst/stomachdown and mimicked a dead person floating on the pool. Caused a commotion, completely freaked everyone out, and from then on, there was a new policy there that all kids had to be accompanied by an adult. That didn't stop my bf from anything tho...
    I was the one who would go down the slide standing up then some kid would try to mimick me, get hurt and then some stupid rule would go up because of it. If I fell and got hurt I would hide the hurt so a rule would not go up.

Or walking on the bars at the parks hopping from bar to bar playing tag. Someone busts their head open and some rule goes up that we cant do it anymore. Of course it never stopped me, just did it when people werent around.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Confusius say: "It is more fun to disturb the shit, than to be one."

That's true.

My husband was more of a daredevil than a prankster.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    That's true.

My husband was more of a daredevil than a prankster.
    Thats how my wife would clasify me. She has had to get on me several times because people tend to follow my lead. Daredevils seem to know that boundary and constantly push it further.

edit: It also frustrates me to no end to have to maintain some boundary because someone else did not know how to walk that line. I have been told by a counselor that in a certain instance I did not actually break a boundary, but I did flirt heavily with that line. This seems to be a huge part of my personality in pretty much every area of my life, to constantly push things further and further
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Conflict isn't a negative thing for me. It's a tool to use. When I feel that I am being manipulated, treated unfairly or someone trying to take advantage of me I have no problem confronting them directly and hopefully resolving said issue to both our agreements.

So I guess I try to use conflict to seek harmony but because my approach to whatever problem is so matter of fact and I don't mince words people become defensive and angry because they think that I am. When, to me, things could be solved very quickly without all that.
    I agree. In my observation, conflict leads to harmony and self-improvement.

I think of my approach like a trial by fire through which others can forge themselves.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Thats how my wife would clasify me. She has had to get on me several times because people tend to follow my lead. Daredevils seem to know that boundary and constantly push it further.

edit: It also frustrates me to no end to have to maintain some boundary because someone else did not know how to walk that line. I have been told by a counselor that in a certain instance I did not actually break a boundary, but I did flirt heavily with that line. This seems to be a huge part of my personality in pretty much every area of my life, to constantly push things further and further
    My husband is the same in this regard. He enjoys pushing the physical boundaries, especially with motor bikes. However, as he states, he knows how far to push it. With people tho, it depends if he likes/cares about you.

I perfer harmony and avoidance rather than deal with emotional charged issues or people I don't like.

I wonder if SPs are more incline to black humour due to their ability to push boundaries?

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    I agree. In my observation, conflict leads to harmony and self-improvement.

I think of my approach like a trial by fire through which others can forge themselves.

Lovely image.

I see it as kind of like a test. If they can take this, then I know I can be comfortable around them.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

I've been irritated for awhile now because my need to resolve some things backfired. And I've never felt this way..months after the fact. I'll get over it, but it's a pain in the ass atm.. Conflict can be a gamble... Some people.... just don't play by the script, if you will xD Usually, I'm OK with that, but I guess.. not this time. I can't find enough bad things about her to tell myself "Oh, you're better off. You did nothing wrong."

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've been irritated for awhile now because my need to resolve some things backfired. And I've never felt this way..months after the fact. I'll get over it, but it's a pain in the ass atm.. Conflict can be a gamble... Some people.... just don't play by the script, if you will xD Usually, I'm OK with that, but I guess.. not this time. I can't find enough bad things about her to tell myself "Oh, you're better off. You did nothing wrong."
    Might she be some kind of ENF?
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com