• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Good rule of thumb about SP's noticing you out of the side of their eyes

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you can see the whites of their eyes, they can see you.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, if you can see us, we have seen you :p

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
SHHHH! Don't give away our cover! :ninja:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And can accurately picture what someone looks like just from their voice.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just pretty much assume everyone else sees more than me now, including me. I accept that and plan for it, or just say F it. :smile:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Take no prisoners n' take no chit!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be afraid, very afraid. We will hear your voice crack, see your eyes all of a sudden water up and if its not true to who you are we will pick it up. You have to be able to realize which part of our senses we are actually paying attention to. I can be looking around a room, while still focused 100% on what you said. Have tripped up many people when I respond to what they said while watching TV as I am not interested in the TV, its just something to look at. My senses are disconnected in this fashion.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Be afraid, very afraid. We will hear your voice crack, see your eyes all of a sudden water up and if its not true to who you are we will pick it up. You have to be able to realize which part of our senses we are actually paying attention to. I can be looking around a room, while still focused 100% on what you said. Have tripped up many people when I respond to what they said while watching TV as I am not interested in the TV, its just something to look at. My senses are disconnected in this fashion.
Wait, most people aren't like this? :huh: Come to think of it, people usually do look over at you when they're listening, don't they? I just thought it was normal to be able to listen intently to someone while looking in a different direction. Go figure.

As for noticing physical gestures, my senses are highly attuned to them. I have an automatic radar that picks those things up that I couldn't turn off if I wanted to.

In fact, I'd say the motion that trips the biggest alarm is that tiniest of tiny nervous twitches that a person has when they're shocked at something you say. For some reason, I have a natural sense of postures and bodily motions, and if the slightest little vibration goes through you, I will not only tell, but am more likely to be highly focused on it even moreso than most other nonverbal gestures. Especially when it happens out of the corner of my eye.

Makes it easy to tell when you've cornered someone or brought up a subject they weren't wetting their pants about conversating on. :D Then you know you have the power to direct the conversation and change their mind at will. :devil: :yay:

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Is listening to someone without looking at them related to SPs? I'm curious since this is something a lot of people find annoying in me.

How accurate are your observations about small details in people? Are there people who you are consistently right or wrong in these?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
How accurate are your observations about small details in people? Are there people who you are consistently right or wrong in these?

It tends to be that my automatic perception is absolutely correct but any speculations I try to put together about somebody's agenda is clumsy and fairly inaccurate.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It tends to be that my automatic perception is absolutely correct but any speculations I try to put together about somebody's agenda is clumsy and fairly inaccurate.

I agree. I am good at getting people to talk, not good at guessing agenda. I can piece things together, but picking up gestures and stuff I am alot better at. In all honesty I hold people to what they say and eventually the truth always comes out when they trap themselves because I hold them to what they say. It never really bothers me when I find out they werent telling the truth, more interested in why they didnt so next time they dont feel like they need to hide things.

I dont notice every piece of detail, just certain things catch my attention when they seem off. Because of this I tend to take people at face value at first until I can get more info to piece together. I might know you for ever and have no clue what color your eyes are, bt I will notice instantly the second your eyes start to tear up, or change in the slightest bit. Like I see the expression as opposed to the object.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree. I am good at getting people to talk, not good at guessing agenda. I can piece things together, but picking up gestures and stuff I am alot better at. In all honesty I hold people to what they say and eventually the truth always comes out when they trap themselves because I hold them to what they say. It never really bothers me when I find out they werent telling the truth, more interested in why they didnt so next time they dont feel like they need to hide things.

I dont notice every piece of detail, just certain things catch my attention when they seem off. Because of this I tend to take people at face value at first until I can get more info to piece together. I might know you for ever and have no clue what color your eyes are, bt I will notice instantly the second your eyes start to tear up, or change in the slightest bit. Like I see the expression as opposed to the object.

+1 This greatly applies to myself too :yes:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is listening to someone without looking at them related to SPs? I'm curious since this is something a lot of people find annoying in me.

I don't know. When speaking one on one with someone - even if I'm just listening - I strongly prefer eye contact.

IDK if it's SP related but I pick up on other people's conversations all the time. I guess it's eves-dropping but I can't help it!!

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Funny thing. ISTPs can tell you everything about a person but their eye color. It's like we only use peripheral vision...which often picks up more info than a direct gaze.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Funny thing. ISTPs can tell you everything about a person but their eye color. It's like we only use peripheral vision...which often picks up more info than a direct gaze.

do you think so? i look directly at things quite a lot. i am always turning and moving to get a better look at things, a more direct look. although i do use my periphery a lot too.
but it does seem like most ISTPs seem to be pretty visual, and love to be always taking in info about everything through our eyes.

I don't know. When speaking one on one with someone - even if I'm just listening - I strongly prefer eye contact.

me too. i really stare at people when i am talking to them, directly in the eye. several times i have had people call me out on it, and say it makes them uncomfortable!

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
In fact, I'd say the motion that trips the biggest alarm is that tiniest of tiny nervous twitches that a person has when they're shocked at something you say. For some reason, I have a natural sense of postures and bodily motions, and if the slightest little vibration goes through you, I will not only tell, but am more likely to be highly focused on it even moreso than most other nonverbal gestures.

That's so hard to not pick up. I can't imagine anyone missing those cues.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you think so? i look directly at things quite a lot. i am always turning and moving to get a better look at things, a more direct look. although i do use my periphery a lot too.

me too. i really stare at people when i am talking to them, directly in the eye. several times i have had people call me out on it, and say it makes them uncomfortable!

Yup. It does freak some people out. The upside is you really can read people better and faster when you look them in the eye. I can get a "read" from someone instantly. It's why I'm not a huge fan of the phone when conversing.

Thinking about it I realize I use my hearing a lot. I'm always listening to what's around me. It's given me information that's been just as valuable as visual cues. I rely on it just as heavily.