User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yup. It does freak some people out. The upside is you really can read people better and faster when you look them in the eye. I can get a "read" from someone instantly. It's why I'm not a huge fan of the phone when conversing.
    you are right about reading people, that is why i look people in the eye too.
    but i totally LOVE the phone! my phone conversations tend to be a lot more rapid-fire, really fast-paced hammering and on-point.

I hardly ever keep eye contact while talking. But I do observe a lot despite that.

Yup. It does freak some people out. The upside is you really can read people better and faster when you look them in the eye. I can get a "read" from someone instantly. It's why I'm not a huge fan of the phone when conversing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    you are right about reading people, that is why i look people in the eye too.
    but i totally LOVE the phone! my phone conversations tend to be a lot more rapid-fire, really fast-paced hammering and on-point.
    I'm with MDP. I am not that big a fan of the phone. I like to take a look at people and see how they are reacting/responding to things. I don't look the whole time, only at certain points in the convorsation. The same way I looked at the camera in my video.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    do you think so? i look directly at things quite a lot. i am always turning and moving to get a better look at things, a more direct look. although i do use my periphery a lot too.
    but it does seem like most ISTPs seem to be pretty visual, and love to be always taking in info about everything through our eyes.

me too. i really stare at people when i am talking to them, directly in the eye. several times i have had people call me out on it, and say it makes them uncomfortable!
    I agree. I always get the "You're freaking me out cause you are looking right into my soul," etc. But I still can never remember their eye color. Almost like I'm looking past their eye color.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm with MDP. I am not that big a fan of the phone. I like to take a look at people and see how they are reacting/responding to things. I don't look the whole time, only at certain points in the convorsation. The same way I looked at the camera in my video.
    Hate the phone.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I generally don't like the phone, either. I'm a HUGE nonverbal reader, and I don't really even notice it until I can't read someone's expressions, or when online, can't hear their tone of voice. It dramatically reduces my ability to understand where someone else is coming from.

This coupled with the fact that as an expressive Initiator I'm not real good at listening, creates kind of a troublesome scenario. I've never had a problem going past my minutes, haha. Oh well.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Seems like the behavior is the same between us ITPs but you guys actually remember what you pick up. I have the same issues with interactions that aren't face-to-face. With how much I put into observing others and "reading" them, people don't believe me when I can't so much as remember how tall they are.

Eye color is the worst though. I don't really remember the eyecolor of anyone. I "know" what people have said about the eyecolors of others. Thus I "know" that mine is blue but i wouldn't really know that if people hadn't told me so.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    I agree. I always get the "You're freaking me out cause you are looking right into my soul," etc.
    This must be what happens when two ISTP's make eye contact with each other.

[YOUTUBE="x643MI3-Ddc"] [/YOUTUBE]
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

That's funny! I think it is funny when people say "I don't like the way you are looking at me" I think it is because I really look when I want to make a point.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

This must be what happens when two ISTP's make eye contact with each other.

[YOUTUBE="x643MI3-Ddc"] [/YOUTUBE]
    Pretty!

Also, I actually try to note people's eye color as sort of like a mental name tag. At least for some, anyways.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com