User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers Superstar View Post
    Board games I would say, Chess, Stratego, Go, Monopoly, Uno, Scrabble.

I've been smashing CodMW2 and chilling to Dragon Age Origins like Kdude has.
    I like chess, but always went in weary as my strategy is to not have a strategy. Suprisingly I do very good in this regard against real people. Sometimes I think those that strategize and plan before hand know what you are going to do because they recognize the pattern where as I have no pattern so good luck guessing what I am gonna do next. I do this with everything in life though.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Doctor.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Pattern recognition is what games are all about!

That said, I suck at chess.. Never cared to learn much about it except the basic rules.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Doctor.
    Massage therapist, you should try it with one of those vibrating pads you attach to a chair, just roll it out on the table Somehow the wife always knows what the next move is though
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Pattern recognition is what games are all about!

That said, I suck at chess.. Never cared to learn much about it except the basic rules.
    Pattern recognition doesnt work if your playing people unless they employ the same tactics. I prefer chaos theory tactics.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Massage therapist, you should try it with one of those vibrating pads you attach to a chair, just roll it out on the table Somehow the wife always knows what the next move is though
    Muhaaa. Evolution is good.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Muhaaa. Evolution is good.
    Thats what she said :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I mentioned it before but I also play pen & paper rpgs. Started with D&D in 2003 but now our group(s) uses savage worlds because the rules are easier to use and don't weigh everything down. I GM 98% of the time because I like it as a creative outlet more than anything. Although it's very rare we play anymore.

With video games I like atmospheric games. I also have a short attention span so I really like FPS games. I've played RPGs but if I get stuck in the game or arrive at a slow point I get bored. I just did this with assassin's creed II come to think of it. It got to a point where you have to collect all of these codex pages for Da Vinci but I find that kind of crap irritating and a chore. This is why I can't play games like WoW (besides WoW being shitty anyway).

I also find it hard to follow storylines in video games when there's tons of stuff going on. I'll replay games sometimes and figure out I missed something obvious and feel stupid after.

MBTI
    INTP

Bah, there are too many good games to choose favourites

I do love original and inventive games like Braid, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash and Portal though.

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Pattern recognition doesnt work if your playing people unless they employ the same tactics. I prefer chaos theory tactics.
    It works, don't disagree there.

It depends on the game for me. Some I can think quick and adjust tactics chaotically. Some I just flat out suck, like chess. Not sure why that is.. it's a bit too abstract for me, I guess.

@Adoamros: Yeah, I don't see the appeal of WoW either. If I wanted a job in my offtime, I'd get one. [edit] One that paid me real cash, that is.