User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Unconventional!

MBTI
    ISTP

I've shaved my head twice. Did it when I was in college. Went from long ponytail+ length both times to razor blade bald. It was very much fun and very freeing in a sense.

Honestly, I don't really want to get married. I think it's stupid. But yeah, I'll do it for the legal benefit.

Um. I've got a funny relationship with music. For a long time I didn't ever turn on the radio in my car. It's nothing personal, Music, I just didn't crave you. When I'm upset, music makes me feel worse. It's a distraction and I can't think straight to sort out what I'm....*gasp* feeling! Also...I don't listen to much new music at all. There's a good explanation for that tho. 1) Oldies are awesome. 2) MOST new music sucks. 3) People don't waste time listening to shitty oldies the way they do with new songs. I have to filter through a lot of crap before I find anything good that's new. (And plz don't start asking me what I like and suggesting crap. Respectfully, I'm not going to listen to it. )
    Sooo...I listen to oldies when I'm in a good mood! Yeah!

I don't think it's particularly unconventional m'self, but I'm pretty much atheist...and by that I mean that I don't believe there's a god, but I could be wrong. (Yeah, I know that's close to agnostic.) Er, it's a lot more common here in the US than it is South of the border. I grew up mostly in Honduras where almost everyone ever is Catholic...'cept our 4-person family wasn't/isn't. :P

Um... I'm single a lot
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I've shaved my head twice. Did it when I was in college. Went from long ponytail+ length both times to razor blade bald. It was very much fun and very freeing in a sense.

Honestly, I don't really want to get married. I think it's stupid. But yeah, I'll do it for the legal benefit.

Um. I've got a funny relationship with music. For a long time I didn't ever turn on the radio in my car. It's nothing personal, Music, I just didn't crave you. When I'm upset, music makes me feel worse. It's a distraction and I can't think straight to sort out what I'm....*gasp* feeling! Also...I don't listen to much new music at all. There's a good explanation for that tho. 1) Oldies are awesome. 2) MOST new music sucks. 3) People don't waste time listening to shitty oldies the way they do with new songs. I have to filter through a lot of crap before I find anything good that's new. (And plz don't start asking me what I like and suggesting crap. Respectfully, I'm not going to listen to it. )
    Sooo...I listen to oldies when I'm in a good mood! Yeah!

I don't think it's particularly unconventional m'self, but I'm pretty much atheist...and by that I mean that I don't believe there's a god, but I could be wrong. (Yeah, I know that's close to agnostic.) Er, it's a lot more common here in the US than it is South of the border. I grew up mostly in Honduras where almost everyone ever is Catholic...'cept our 4-person family wasn't/isn't. :P

Um... I'm single a lot
    Agree about music. We are so sensitive to our physical surroundings that it can be an extreme irritant. I remember as a kid growing up and the TV was always on...hated that non-stop background noise...needed spaces of silence to think/relax.

Plus, when an ISTP is focused on task, all external stimuli disappears anyway...the "in-the-zone' thing.

I'm sensitive to noises, but I don't find it irritating in the background. I also sleep with the TV on a lot..

Hmm

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Agree about music. We are so sensitive to our physical surroundings that it can be an extreme irritant. I remember as a kid growing up and the TV was always on...hated that non-stop background noise...needed spaces of silence to think/relax.

Plus, when an ISTP is focused on task, all external stimuli disappears anyway...the "in-the-zone' thing.
    I always wear headphones, as my interest gains and wains I move from my head to my senses. Anyways I guess I am half way ESTP/ISTP and I feed off of sensory as well. I dont really care about TV noise though, to much TV talking that bores me. Its just planned, and scripted. Its just to fake. Maybe thats why I cant focus on TV and can get up in the middle and not care, prefer real people and real things.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

From the outside it appears I live a very conventional suburban housewife existence. However I am different from other "housewives" and moms in that I don't spoil my kids with designer clothes; I don't sign them up for every sports activity; I encourage them to be individualistic and question authority; and I am an atheist while my husband is a youth minister at church. I will not conform to his vision of a perfect catholic family. I have rebelled during mid life and go to the beat of my own drum!

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I think the list of things I do that are conventional would be much easier to name off. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I think the list of things I do that are conventional would be much easier to name off. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    right on! sometimes it is hard to even know what is unconventional.

i used to live in a squat when i was 19. it was a really big squat called The Bank. we all had pretty unconventional lifestyles, everyone at the squat was pretty weird and interesting.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Uh. Unconventional could also be considered insane. Therefore, I plead the 5th.

McMartinez - razor blade bald. Awesome. That takes balls...uh...ovaries.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISFP

At my funeral they are only going to be allowed to play happy music.

At my funeral, there will be dancing midgets and freezepops.