• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP - "friends with benefits" relationships

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm just going to say this, considering this thread has diverged wildly from it's original course anyway...

Some punk teenager (or old lady) hit my parked car and left my driver's window shattered all over the place and screwed up the door. What a great thing to find at the end of a long work day.

Relevancy, you may wonder?

I'ma go get drunk and go to some divebar and hope to get some pity sex from a cougar, or that bartender that I took a body shot off of last week.

It'll make me feel better.

Y'all should be out working on getting some. FYI.
That sucks. Happy hunting . . . or rather happy being hunted . . . :newwink:

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hm... a work-out? Extracurricular activity?

Ah, I'm teasin. I agree with you. For me, I have to share some kind of really strong connection --mental, physical, emotional-- with someone before I can have sex with them. After that, it's just sex. Granted, I may develop feelings for that person over time, but as a result of a general relationship, not simply due to sex.

Thank you. :)

I'm just going to say this, considering this thread has diverged wildly from it's original course anyway...

Some punk teenager (or old lady) hit my parked car and left my driver's window shattered all over the place and screwed up the door. What a great thing to find at the end of a long work day.

Sorry to hear that! Do you think you'll have to replace the whole door?

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
I mean, how the hell are you gonna hold the damn thing down??

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
All I'm seeing in this thread are the Ts trying to explain their point of view and the NFs projecting and telling them they're wrong.

People, start listening, you might learn something.

LOL. Yes. NFs always try their best to control and correct the irrepressible ISTP.

A losing battle but amusing to us.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Relevancy, you may wonder?

I'ma go get drunk and go to some divebar and hope to get some pity sex from a cougar, or that bartender that I took a body shot off of last week.

It'll make me feel better.

Y'all should be out working on getting some. FYI.

You make me proud.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I'm much more friendly towards him lately, so he does talk to me. The acknowledge presence but avoiding each other phase was a month ago. I naturally catch on to the general atmosphere of the group and mirror people's attitudes so when I felt like he was cold to me I would be cold to him too... I'm trying to get over that.

What are some of the actions that I can take to convey to an ISTP that I care for him?

Pretty much all it takes for me is that at the end of the day you enjoy my company, appreciate what I try to do, and want to be around me. Im a touch person so sit close to me, lean on me, hold my arm, etc. But thats me, not sure about your ISTP.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Pretty much all it takes for me is that at the end of the day you enjoy my company, appreciate what I try to do, and want to be around me. Im a touch person so sit close to me, lean on me, hold my arm, etc. But thats me, not sure about your ISTP.

that's my istp too. low maintenance.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
79353044_27ed395a2d.jpg

lasdf23

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Haha I don't check this thread for a day and look how much it digressed! I love it though, life is so fun for you guys, you know exactly what you like and you're unapologetic about it. Simply beautiful.

So far I think I'll just try not to think about this too much, take a relaxed attitude about it. Try not to over-analyze each and every one of his words, attitudes, or actions. Can't assume consistency with free-spirited people!

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Haha I don't check this thread for a day and look how much it digressed! I love it though, life is so fun for you guys, you know exactly what you like and you're unapologetic about it. Simply beautiful.

So far I think I'll just try not to think about this too much, take a relaxed attitude about it. Try not to over-analyze each and every one of his words, attitudes, or actions. Can't assume consistency with free-spirited people!

Brava~!

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
Haha I don't check this thread for a day and look how much it digressed!

See what you started?!?! :hi:

This thread with all that talk about sex got me horny, but my INFJ wife has all the control there:violin:

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
See what you started?!?! :hi:

This thread with all that talk about sex got me horny, but my INFJ wife has all the control there:violin:

Well, if she's like me, all the planets have to be in the right alignment for something to happen in that department. Sex has to be cosmic and spiritual for us. :laugh:

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, if she's like me, all the planets have to be in the right alignment for something to happen in that department. Sex has to be cosmic and spiritual for us. :laugh:

Looks like I need to invest in a good observatory telescope!:cheese:

telescope_300x405.jpg

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
That sucks. Happy hunting . . . or rather happy being hunted . . . :newwink:

hahahaha

Sorry to hear that! Do you think you'll have to replace the whole door?

meh i got some new glass from the part yard and just installed it (it's snowing, plastic bag in snow is no good)...it seems to work. bondo? ugly for now but...she's a beater.

I knew you were crazy, but that's sheer lunacy-you'll get your shit ripped to shreads!!

but i'll learn something in the process.

I mean, how the hell are you gonna hold the damn thing down??

rope or chain. whatever's around the house.

probably something left over from a project hubby never finished. :)

You make me proud.

i know.

Last edited:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Not me. Sex is one of the few areas where I can turn off my frikken brain for awhile and just experience sensations. All I really need is for us to both be home, awake, and have a reasonable expectation that the kids aren't going to hear or interrupt us.