User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

:confused: Could you expand on the compartmentalizing concept pwease!?!

Just would like to see if on the same wave-length as to perceiving the concept.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post

I can detach from feelings and get past things really easily. I can move into the moment very easily and move beyond things from the past in regards to being in the moment. I can do this with feelings toward people and compartmentalize on a situational basis. If you change the situation my feelings and actions will tend to change along with it. I tend to live in the moment in this regard. I can be pissed at someone for something and then turn around in a different situation like nothing happened with that same person.
    Im out, its been fun

it's true for me too^

one of my good friends will start getting pissy with everyone if he's upset about something. i never understood that.

[edit] not entirely related to relationships i know.. im just thinking out loud. never thought about this.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    It is a completely casual thing. What part of that have you failed to understand? ISTPs are good at compartmentalizing. Right now, you're just a fun lay he's not going to turn down in a hurry. You shouldn't count on that changing, given the way the relationship started and has developed. If you find that difficult to deal with, you need to think about ending it now. If not, just enjoy it for what it is. The whole "we musn't do this again" thing he probably just views as a challenge/way out when he gets bored.
    This sounds so harsh to me. Just because something is casual doesn't mean it isn't complicated for one or both parties and emotions aren't involved.

Wherever there are expectations there is complications and stagnation breeds desire for change which breeds expectation. So it's only natural that one person will begin to get bored with FWB and want to shake things up.

Things like this aren't black and white. I can tell you that my FWB situations are few and far between because I rarely meet someone who is independent and unemotional enough to deal with the arrangement. That's not to say sometimes I don't have stronger feelings for said person but it ebbs and flows. One day I'll really be into them and the next day think that I was really smart to keep things the way they are because I could never be with said person. It's par the course. Most of the time I just don't care one way or the other what happens with said person.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post

My perception is that they are good at not blurring the lines. A fuck-buddy is a fuck-buddy. Nothing more, nothing less. This is a good thing or a bad thing depending on your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    This sounds so harsh to me. Just because something is casual doesn't mean it isn't complicated for one or both parties and emotions aren't involved.
    Well yeah... Clearly it's complicated for the ENFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Hate to butt in, but I thought like what poki said above, that you were talking about compartmentalizing emotions.. err.. or something.

Anyhow, what you said isn't true in my case. I would never compartmentalize someone into some category like that. In the same way that I would never just come up with the decision that they were the "One". I'm too openminded (or maybe indecisive) on what could happen with someone. For better or worse.

MBTI
    STP

My perception is that they are good at not blurring the lines. A fuck-buddy is a fuck-buddy. Nothing more, nothing less. This is a good thing or a bad thing depending on your expectations.

My thought in this regard, if your ok, and I am ok, then thats all that matters in a relationship and a relationship is between 2 people.

I like your stance of just accepting the complication instead of arguing about the complication.
    Im out, its been fun

you assholes are going to make me turn into that dude here who rants about individuality, and that he doesn't fit any MBTI Type. really questioning my ISTP-ness now.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Complication for one party will make complication for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I would never compartmentalize someone into some category like that. In the same way that I would never just come up with the decision that they were the "One". I'm too openminded (or maybe indecisive) on what could happen with someone.
    Yes to this.

EDIT: It's like you know what the dynamic is and unless something changes you're okay with really anything. I hate explaining this stuff!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

ok, that makes sense