User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

My ISTP husband decided within three months to marry me. We were in our 30's.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    It's just sex... Sex is a body function no different than taking a dump. But then again, wasn't it Freud that succeeded in making taking a dump even more complicated?

Sex is not just a body function. It is a way to express love through mutual self-giving, with the possibility of bringing new life into the world.
    Likes livingonatreetop liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Sex is not just a body function. It is a way to express love through mutual self-giving, with the possibility of bringing new life into the world.
    If you're F, fertile, not sterile and hetero, sure.

The other 90% of the world's sexual activity is pretty much major physical pleasuring.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post

The other 90% of the world's sexual activity is pretty much major physical pleasuring.
    +1 Lust is just another instinct that needs to be sated, like hunger. The kissing that comes before, and the cuddling after, is an expression of affection.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post

Well, I would imagine that many people who are T, or infertile/sterile or homosexual, are capable of seeing sex as something beyond just physical pleasure, too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

All I'm seeing in this thread are the Ts trying to explain their point of view and the NFs projecting and telling them they're wrong.

People, start listening, you might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    This is interesting. So does that meant that NFs who are naturally inclined to help people, give the ISTP the sense that they love him/her even if that were not to be the case?..
    Hmm, I don't know. Maybe one of the ISTPs could answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And doesn't that get tiresome, aka, that you speak their language of love but they don't really communicate yours back to you? Not judging here, just curious..
    Yes, communication in this area has been difficult at times, but I manage to put my NF spin on it and all is well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    All I'm seeing in this thread are the Ts trying to explain their point of view and the NFs projecting and telling them they're wrong.

People, start listening, you might learn something.
    It's not all that relevant to me atm beyond just poking around on an internet forum.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Well, I would imagine that many people who are T, or infertile/sterile or homosexual, are capable of seeing sex as something beyond just physical pleasure, too.
    Hm... a work-out? Extracurricular activity?

Ah, I'm teasin. I agree with you. For me, I have to share some kind of really strong connection --mental, physical, emotional-- with someone before I can have sex with them. After that, it's just sex. Granted, I may develop feelings for that person over time, but as a result of a general relationship, not simply due to sex.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    XXFP

I'm just going to say this, considering this thread has diverged wildly from it's original course anyway...

Some punk teenager (or old lady) hit my parked car and left my driver's window shattered all over the place and screwed up the door. What a great thing to find at the end of a long work day.

Relevancy, you may wonder?

I'ma go get drunk and go to some divebar and hope to get some pity sex from a cougar, or that bartender that I took a body shot off of last week.

It'll make me feel better.

Y'all should be out working on getting some. FYI.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.