User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Yes indeedy.

You know an ISTP likes you when they start doing stuff for you.

Now here's the weird part...if an ISTP is REALLY into you, we usually freeze....we want to focus all our senses on you so not a thing escapes our attention. It' s very counter-intuitive behavior in terms of relationships. I remember dating someone years ago and all I did was sit and stare when we'd go out to eat. Freaked the other person out...but we ended being together for 3 years.

If an ISTP sits next to you and says nothing but is otherwise ok, it usually means they like you a lot.

Either you're being too specific with behavior traits, or I'm not an ISTP. ;D I don't think I ever stare at people. And even if I do stare, it's not them, but me lost in thought, looking past them in a way. If I'm actually settled on liking someone, I'm fairly lively, involved, talking to them. In fact, I'd be too aware that I'm being weird if I stared, and would stop quick. Does that make me extroverted sensing? :P

Oh well.. Definitely an SP in one way or the other. I identify with most things. I should make a thread on the differences probably..

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Either you're being too specific with behavior traits, or I'm not an ISTP. ;D I don't think I ever stare at people. And even if I do stare, it's not them, but me lost in thought, looking past them in a way. If I'm actually settled on liking someone, I'm fairly lively, involved, talking to them.

Oh well.. Definitely an SP in one way or the other. I identify with most things. I should make a thread on the differences probably..
    I understand.
    I was talking about meeting someone who sets off all your bells. That rare chemical attraction. Not friendship. More lustship. Otherwise I agree with evreything else you've said.

Oh.. well, in that case, I'm... sort of envious then.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    istp =
    +1

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

+2, gotto love playing games with em
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lasdf23 View Post
    We always hope/believe for the best in people. If somebody we care about said one good thing but acted the other way, we tend to believe that he intended the good thing he said but couldn't resist the urge to act the other way. And we FORGIVE HIM! (though won't forget). duh stupid me :-( but to us it's ultimately the intention that counts.
    That's a good thing. But can also be
    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    very painful and frustrating to watch.
    Even for a hard-nosed T like me.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

From my perspective, this "relationship" won't progress beyond FWB. I have been married to an ISTP for a long time and I have never seen his emotions intensify, they are what they are. In my experience, the intentions/feelings of my husband are seen in his actions, not his words. If your ISTP isnt doing things for you, I wouldnt expect any kind of commitment from him. While for me hanging out with a person could indicate a potential relationship, for him it is just hanging out and nothing more. Conversely, him fixing things means I love you and were in a relationship, while for me it just means I want to help you, not I love you. It was difficult for me to learn not view him or his actions through my NF perspective.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lasdf23 View Post
    Yes, I will stop sleeping with him. And yes, I would be incredibly disappointed and offended if he tried to convince me to sleep with him again without entering into a solid relationship.
    On that note-

This other girl I was seeing that all of a sudden decided to stop right there and require a commitment because she decided she liked me too much. So she "shut me off"-then proceeded to sleep with a bunch of different guys she did not care about because it did not hurt her.
    (No, I'm not saying you will do that)

So, in my mind, she did not require a commitment from these other guys, but it was required from me because she liked me? But I don't get what she's giving away because she liked me too much?? WTF??

For several more years, she would still approach me and want a deep emotional relationship!

In most ISTP minds, this does not compute and/or is not acceptable.

There was no chance of emotional development after that behavior.

So I pretty much just switched over to prostitutes until I found my wife, someone I could make a commitment to and stay with for the rest of my life. I was done putting up with the other Merry-Go-Round shit!

Just sayin'.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    If your ISTP isnt doing things for you, I wouldnt expect any kind of commitment from him. While for me hanging out with a person could indicate a potential relationship, for him it is just hanging out and nothing more. Conversely, him fixing things means I love you and were in a relationship, while for me it just means I want to help you, not I love you.
    Fixing things? I told him I had a headache, he gives me medicine. I ask him for help with homework, he comes over and helps me with it. Do you mean those things? We're both college students, not necessarily living together or anything, so it's hard to find examples where he "fixes" things for me...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Isaac View Post
    On that note-

This other girl I was seeing that all of a sudden decided to stop right there and require a commitment because she decided she liked me too much. So she "shut me off"-then proceeded to sleep with a bunch of different guys she did not care about because it did not hurt her.
    (No, I'm not saying you will do that)
    Woah! that's such a bizarre behavior! No I would never do that. It's hard enough already for me to act on my physical needs (maybe cause I often get defensive when I can see guys approach me with that undertone), I would not be able to separate physical needs with emotional needs. EVER. It has to be the whole deal, otherwise it's the same agony all over again.

*By the way, I just saw him at his house again. He's just hanging out with our mutual friends, the same deal, and I'm doing homework. He responds to my remarks at the group, but doesn't really turn his head around. But sometimes I find him sneaking peeks at my direction. And the last time our eyes met (locked) he quickly turned his head away... grr. I need to stop analyzing everything :-(