• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Do you hold the key to life, ultimate knowledge, meaning, understanding, purpose?

lamp

about ISP: I might say that ISPs hold the key, and they dont know it. And also, not knowing you have the key is integral to holding the key. Or maybe: not knowing is integral to holding the key.
ISP is all "whatevah"
about 'random': Possibly, I'm trying to become (more) unhinged. "buy the ticket, take the ride"

It has to do with the tertiary. I once read a post somewhere on here that argued that ENFPs and INFJs will always be 'out to lunch' because their thinking functions reside in the tertiary. The implication being that the tertiary function is always going to be weaksauce; nonserious, 'for fun'. So as an example INTJs are going to be silly with and find amusement in their feelings, where ENTJs are ultimately going to take their feelings very seriously. And that ENTJ feelings are going to be more 'real' than INTJ feelings.

ISPs have Ni slotted in their tertiary. And N is about understanding consequences, 'seeing the big picture'. So ISPs take a playful, not serious and perhaps not genuine approach to understanding life basically. They play with concepts rather than incorporating them or taking them to heart. But they still function. And maybe thats the key. They could get by with zero N, like I could get by with zero T and INTJs could get by with zero F.

I dont know how best to word the above. and im unsure about a lot of things. but all theory aside, from my impressions of the ones I know, (I)SPs know whats up.

In high school an INTP once told me that some advice for musicians was "Learn as much music theory as you can and then forget it"

Learn as much as you can and then forget it all.

KDude

In more practical terms, do any of you other SP's look your age or do you get commented on looking younger or older ? I mean, if we're going to talk about "key to life", then I wonder if it shows up physically? :p It seems that my friends who stress out a lot are getting pretty rough around the edges.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In more practical terms, do any of you other SP's look your age or do you get commented on looking younger or older ? I mean, if we're going to talk about "key to life", then I wonder if it shows up physically? :p It seems that my friends who stress out a lot are getting pretty rough around the edges.

I've been told that I look ten years younger than I am.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Oh goodness, I'm 19 and have had people mistaken me from 15-17 years of age.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I am the Keymaster.

ghostbusters14.jpg

Are you the Gatekeeper?

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

From the front or back?

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I'm 48 and told I look (and act) 10 years younger. :smile:

As far as holding the key to life, I appear to others as having everything figured out. But on the inside I feel totally lost and shattered.:huh:

KDude

I know people in their 50's like that.. It's pretty encouraging. I get the 10 yrs younger thing too, but for the time being, it just amounts to being carded a lot. ;D

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Learn as much as you can and then forget it all.

i like it!
i once heard a story about a monk who devoted his life to buddhism. he spent every waking second chasing enlightenment, he was more dedicated to his practices than any other monk or lama he knew. after decades and decades of this he was an old man, and he felt as if he was getting nowhere. so he said 'i give up, i can't be a buddhist any longer' - and as soon as he gave up buddhism he became enlightened.

i also had a friend who said something along the lines of 'the only way to have real wisdom is if lunch is the thing of most importance in your life.'

wolfy

awsm
Forgetting yourself and moving past conditioning...yeah. Like the four levels of learning...

Unconscious incompetence
Conscious incompetence
Conscious competence
Unconscious competence

There is a really good Bruce Lee quote around but I can't remember it and looking didn't jog my memory.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
or the six levels of existence:

Unconscious incontinence
Conscious incontinence
Conscious continence
Unconscious continence
Conscious incontinence
Unconscious incontinence

lamp

Unconscious incompetence
Conscious incompetence
Conscious competence
Unconscious competence
Just did a tiny bit of reading about this. Is this somewhat cyclical?

I imagine that to an unconsciously incompetent observer, there might be little difference between someone who is unconscious/incompetent and someone who is unconscious/competent.