User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Why so few ISFPs?

I am curious why there is such a low ISFP presence on here.

I have heard a rumor that ISFPs often have a hard time finding their proper type. Do you believe this is true?

Do you think it is more about ISFPs not being interested in MBTI or being mistyped?
    "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's a combination of both. Either disinterest or they are mistyped. I know that there are some INFPs on here that are likely to be ISFP. I was one of those (some people still think I'm an N).

Although the ISFPs I've met have shown an interest in typology when I got them to read a profile.

Maybe they just don't care enough to post on a forum about it after they've learned more about themselves?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I don't know about you, but I like being the minority here

Though it would be nice to have a bit more people...
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

I had to have it pointed out to me, and am still in doubt. So that sounds to be true.

Mistyped.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's a lot more than there were when I joined! Seems like they're coming out the woodwork all the time!

Not to mention those people that have typed themselves "ISFP" but really aren't.

There's a low presence of "S" types in general on this site compared to the Ns, because the basis for this site is very theoretical and not something of practical use or interest to the dominant population. Those of us Sensors who are here are those that for whatever reason found something in this "personality type" stuff that we could use to understand other people (or ourselves) better.

So I doubt there will ever be an abundance of ISFP people on here, because there's just not enough of us interested in this stuff. Heck, I'm really not that interested in it anymore myself, I stick around because some people still give me attention here.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm guessing that many SP types check out this forum and get discouraged to join because there is a lot of N bias and N style of interaction going on.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

They are doing better things, I mostly hang around to kill time at work.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think it's a combination of both. Either disinterest or they are mistyped. I know that there are some INFPs on here that are likely to be ISFP. I was one of those (some people still think I'm an N).

Although the ISFPs I've met have shown an interest in typology when I got them to read a profile.

Maybe they just don't care enough to post on a forum about it after they've learned more about themselves?

I am similar. I originally thought my Ne was stronger than my Ni, but I am still struggling to fully grasp the differences between each function.

Ultimately though, pragmatism wins with me. I am also fun-loving and spontaneous after I warm up to people.
    "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." -Nietzsche

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

When I first got here, I thought I was an ISFJ after taking my first test at work. (An INFP friend told me to take it).
    After I spent some time here, it became relevant to me that I wasn't really an ISFJ. It just didn't fit for me, but because the test told me I was one, well I just believed it. Doing some of my own research, I found that I'm actually ISFP. I can't think of anything better really.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

There are a lot more than when joined. A lot more SP in general too. Lots of isfp just stop coming, some run screaming in terror, some leave quietly by the back door.